Gov. Liquidated lights

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why I cant pick up the tab up front I want to see what all they have snowflakes is a plus and I would like to see what elseis in that lot or if they plan to have more lots to come. Lightson Beasley I can work out the storage issue at our company shop.

Rescue:

What we are trying to work out here is who will be committed to putting forth their portion of the final price, this way we will know who all is in and the final bidder will know how high to go, because if we still have 7-8 people bidding and the price gets well over $1000, I know I will be out, because I don't want to pay over $100 for what I will be getting... Hence the reason for the list.

If Ilovekaye1 is able to get in contact with Forsyth for me and schedule me a time to go out and meet someone to look at the items between 5:30-6pm Tuesday, you could also meet me there and help look at everything.

I offered to do this because I can get the pics and get a fast turn around on getting the Pics posted here to PC via wireless connection. This way everyone can decide and but their dibs in on what they would like to claim and give their final decision In or Out

Updated Bid List:

1: Jfelix $100

2: Ilovekaye1 Could do $100

3: LightsonBeasley - $80-100 (No More)

4: Mscollectables $100

5: Dave H

6: 2addicted2lights $100-150

7: rescue_653 $100

Total Max Bid = Around $650 --- Please let us know what you are willing to pay.

Rescue:

What we are trying to work out here is who will be committed to putting forth their portion of the final price, this way we will know who all is in and the final bidder will know how high to go, because if we still have 7-8 people bidding and the price gets well over $1000, I know I will be out, because I don't want to pay over $100 for what I will be getting... Hence the reason for the list.

If Ilovekaye1 is able to get in contact with Forsyth for me and schedule me a time to go out and meet someone to look at the items between 5:30-6pm Tuesday, you could also meet me there and help look at everything.

I offered to do this because I can get the pics and get a fast turn around on getting the Pics posted here to PC via wireless connection. This way everyone can decide and but their dibs in on what they would like to claim and give their final decision In or Out

Updated Bid List:

3: LightsonBeasley - $80-100 (No More)

Total Max Bid = Around $650 --- Please let us know what you are willing to pay.

Lightson:

I will try calling in the morning. Failing that I will try again on Tuesday morning. I have a sales meeting, at 10:00 on Tuesday, but I expect I will reach them before that. I will call you as soon as I reach someone. I expect we will have more partners before then. Rescue:

If you have not already you will need to log onto the govsales site and register to bid.

I did so this morning, and after I did so I really hit a major duh factor, these items are not located where listed they are actualy located at a centeral warehouse. Matter of fact I was dropping stuff off there just the other day from EMS for the surplus auction. I dont know why I didnt catch that at first, this actually makes it better for me because this is only located about 7 minutes from my house so that will really help. Once I realized the locatation if you guys want I can probably slide in there without even getting an appointment being affiliated with the county thru the rescue squad and this is actualy just around the corner from our squad so it would take nothing for me to slide in there. And I may put in up to $200 depending on what they have. As tight as county budget is right now you may have a tuff time getting anyone to even stay 5 minutes late. These people alot of time are actualy out of there a few minutes early if they can get away with it. I will be leaving Myrtle Beach tommorow and I will slide in there on tuesday moring and make this happen if you guys want to go ahead and get it moving, and I will try to see if they plan on any more lots of this stuff going out to maybe get a heads up prior to next time.

Well, its what ever, The idea I had was to go and get better pics more detailed pics of all the items and then count them. Count the arches and how many sections per arch. Count the snow flakes and the different styles there are at least 2 or 3. Also figure out what the circle/triangular items are that are in the pic.

Then post the pics on this thread for everyone to see by Thursday night as the Auction ends Wednesday at 2:10pm. The stuff you dropped off from your EMS station will probably go up on the Gov Deals website. Forsyth had a lot of different Surplus computers and laptops listed on there when I was looking.

The county I work for just recycles the computers, they are very OLD and used up anyway so no good for anyone LOL I know a few people who work for Forsyth County. No way anyone would sneak out of our govt center even 5mins early LMAO!!!

I did so this morning, and after I did so I really hit a major duh factor, these items are not located where listed they are actualy located at a centeral warehouse. Matter of fact I was dropping stuff off there just the other day from EMS for the surplus auction. I dont know why I didnt catch that at first, this actually makes it better for me because this is only located about 7 minutes from my house so that will really help. Once I realized the locatation if you guys want I can probably slide in there without even getting an appointment being affiliated with the county thru the rescue squad and this is actualy just around the corner from our squad so it would take nothing for me to slide in there. And I may put in up to $200 depending on what they have. As tight as county budget is right now you may have a tuff time getting anyone to even stay 5 minutes late. These people alot of time are actualy out of there a few minutes early if they can get away with it. I will be leaving Myrtle Beach tommorow and I will slide in there on tuesday moring and make this happen if you guys want to go ahead and get it moving, and I will try to see if they plan on any more lots of this stuff going out to maybe get a heads up prior to next time.

Sounds great to me. Who da thunk when I started the thread that we had someone on PC so close. If you can get pic's and an inventory all the better. I will still call the county on Tuesday morning and try to get Lightson in latter in the day. That way we may have two sets of pictures and inventories by Tuesday night. I think it would be a good idea at that time if everyone PM'd Rescue with final $$$ commitments and item requests. It is my thought that he needs to be the arbitrator since he is fronting our little enterprise. Rescue if thier is anyway I can help let me know.

Well, its what ever, The idea I had was to go and get better pics more detailed pics of all the items and then count them. Count the arches and how many sections per arch. Count the snow flakes and the different styles there are at least 2 or 3. Also figure out what the circle/triangular items are that are in the pic.

Yeah I am interested at what the triangular items are myslef just interesting looking plus I cant really tell how many pallets of snowflakes there are. The arches if they are the ones I am thinking of are large enough to cross a small 2 lane road and tall enough for tour buses to go under.

The county I work for just recycles the computers, they are very OLD and used up anyway so no good for anyone LOL I know a few people who work for Forsyth County. No way anyone would sneak out of our govt center even 5mins early LMAO!!!

Well its like some of the equipment going out is the old dispatch / 911 console where we went to 800 mhz radios a couple years back.

And for the getting out early I guess that is the nice part for them being about 5 minutes from the true county govt center here in Forsyth. With the govt center being downtown Winston-Salem the warehouse, county garage, and grounds crews are based across from Smith Reynolds Airport.

I have an interest in some of this as well. I've seen some of these decorations out at Tanglewood Park during the holidays. As William said, these have been used for several years at Tanglewood.

I'm mostly interested in the snowflakes (not plastic), and possibly an arch or two.

I'm also located fairly close - 15 mins away in Kernersville.

What I think needs to be settled fairly quickly is how high can the bid go for the group? And then, how does it get split up among those that contribute to the bid? Payment is expected within 5 days, so we can't piddle around.

I'm probably in for at least $100. And I can work out getting to the place during the day Tuesday if we get an appointment quickly.

I'll send a PM to both LightsonBeasley and rescue_653 with my cell and email to coordinate.

To give you an idea of the span of the arches, they were mounted over a 2 lane road with a 3-4 ft. shoulder on each side. Tour buses - 2 side by side could probably fit underneath them.

I think I have one other person wanting in that is close to me (hiramdawg). Mark you are right about splitting it up. I think with 8-9 of us we have a good chance of winning the bid. It is ashame they do not have listed the number of snowflakes (metal and plastic) and arches. I have seen some that tell you exactly how many. It looks like there are a ton though. I guess once we get a count we can work out the split tomorrow night.

I would be interested in the snowflake arch if possible...I would like one that atleast goes over my driveway (2 lane)...I will take plastic snowflakes if the rest of you prefer metal...I have a paypal and can pay whoever I need to through paypal with my visa...preferably someone in GA pick my stuff up and me pick it up from them

I suggest that we set up shares. Each share would equal $100.00. In that way if we have ten shares commited Rescue can bid $1,000.00 for the group. (Or make a personal decision to increse his shares) If the bid went to $850.00 than each shareholder, in this case, would pay $85.00. When the bidding is done each shareholder should recieve a propotionate portion of each of the items according to the shares they held. Thus if there were 10 shares commited and twenty stars each share would recieve 2 stars and etc. for the balance. At that point we could all barter for items that we personally might want. I do however feel that Rescue should recieve special consideration due to his increased burden. Perhaps 1 1/2 shares for each share commitment. If all agree then I am in for 1 share. ($100.00)

Also it sounds like between Rescue and Lightson we should have a pretty good idea what is there by tommorow evening. I did try to call the county several times today with no success. I will be trying again in the morning and see if I can get them to stay till Lightson can get there. If so we will have additional pictures and an inventory. I believe Rescue intends to go by tommorrow and take a look at what is there and get an idea if there will be more auctioned. I am guessing he will give us a better idea what is there also. I will let Rescue advise weather he wants shares posted on this thread or if he needs us to PM him.

Ok Jfelix called me about this this afternoon and this is the first time seeing this. Before I commit $100 to this I have a few questions. Looking at the pics it appears most the lights are (old school) C-9's, which weall know are controller killers!!! Also I'm not sure I understand the whole share thing and am wondering what I would actually get for $100??? I'm looking at maybe getting 2-3 arches and 4-6 snowflakes. Will $100 cover that or am I looking at more like $300-400???

Thanks, Shane

Here is what I have came up with from compiling information over the last couple of days...

3: LightsonBeasley - $100

8: mshell $100

9: Hiramdawg Possibly $100

TOTALS: $750.... Possibly $850

To the guy in Indiana, we all live fairly close 3-4 hours to the area that these will be stored at Rescues house if we win the bid, I can almost guarantee that these items will be tooo big to ship, Do you plan on being in the North Carolina area sometime in the next month? I am sure everyone would agree that we need some sort of confirmation on that because Rescue probably doesn't want to store these for a extended period of time.

I think Ilovekaye1 said it best, Lets go with shares hopefully the max bid will not go to $1000 but when we have all of the inventory and pics posted on this thread by 8pm Tuesday We will all be able to get on and the decisions to what can be split evenly will be made. As IloveKaye1 said Rescue should get a little something extra for storing the items if he is going to store them.

To William Bottomly: I looked through some of the other different listings from Forsyth County and saw huge lots of surplus computers and OLD Dispatch equipment that Rescue was talking about that he had dropped off, and each picture looked like it was in the same warehouse (Considering Wall color, beam color, where the doors were etc, so I think these items are stored in a Forsyth County Govt Warehouse by what I get from the pics.

Its good that we have a lot of interest

Edited by LightsonBeasley

Ok Jfelix called me about this this afternoon and this is the first time seeing this. Before I commit $100 to this I have a few questions. Looking at the pics it appears most the lights are (old school) C-9's, which weall know are controller killers!!! Also I'm not sure I understand the whole share thing and am wondering what I would actually get for $100??? I'm looking at maybe getting 2-3 arches and 4-6 snowflakes. Will $100 cover that or am I looking at more like $300-400???

Thanks, Shane

If we are the winning bidders on this lot, we will get all of what is pictured in the pics on the listing, so I think Ilovekaye1 was saying that depending on what we find inventory wise tomorrow, we will be able to split out what people can get So say there are 20 of one style of snowflakes and 20 of the other style. Each person would be guaranteed 2 of one style and 2 of the other style, but maybe 3 people dont want one style, those would be up for grabs for another person...

So until we have a physical count of what all is there, we will not know. BUT I THINK THE BEST WAY TO GO IS TO EVENLY DISTRIBUTE THE LOT FIRST AND THEN TRADE WHAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN TO OTHERS.

If there are say only 5 arches and some people have already claimed arches by making posts in this thread etc, we will know tomorrow night who will get arches and at that time you can decide to drop out of the running etc.

I think once we get someone in there to look at the stuff, we will have a better idea. As bidding ends at 2:10 on Wednesday!!

Shane 1 thing to remember about the lights, remove the C9 and add mini's (or LED's) instead. When Larry did his tree he simply bypassed the big bulbs and added minis. That is what I plan to do. No way I am using C9's way too much power.

It looks as though there are a ton of plastic snowflakes. I am mainly wanting the snowflakes and at least 1-2 arches for my driveway.

Those are a little over a hour away from me... I think Mark Schell would be the closest to these. I would probably not be able to get out to see those as I work 8-5pm, They LOOK REALLY GOOD!! From the pics so they may not need a inspection. I would be interested in a few of those if we all decided to get those as well given the original deal does not go over $800-1000

Someone would be able to pick them up and store them surely for when you all come into NC... Less than 24hours on those...

The original listing is still at $502 so if it doesn't go much higher in the next 24hours I think we have a good chance of getting a good deal.

The NEW Listing is at $50 currently (RESCUE Would you be able to get to these for pick up if we all decided to go for these as well??)

Edited by LightsonBeasley

If we are the winning bidders on this lot, we will get all of what is pictured in the pics on the listing, so I think Ilovekaye1 was saying that depending on what we find inventory wise tomorrow, we will be able to split out what people can get So say there are 20 of one style of snowflakes and 20 of the other style. Each person would be guaranteed 2 of one style and 2 of the other style, but maybe 3 people dont want one style, those would be up for grabs for another person...

So until we have a physical count of what all is there, we will not know. BUT I THINK THE BEST WAY TO GO IS TO EVENLY DISTRIBUTE THE LOT FIRST AND THEN TRADE WHAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN TO OTHERS.

If there are say only 5 arches and some people have already claimed arches by making posts in this thread etc, we will know tomorrow night who will get arches and at that time you can decide to drop out of the running etc.

I think once we get someone in there to look at the stuff, we will have a better idea. As bidding ends at 2:10 on Wednesday!!

Lightson has my suggestion right on. We could probably start the bartering tomorrow night after the inventory and all shareholders have commited. I'm sure there will be some items that everybody wants but we are all adults and I think, in the spirit of Christmas, we can work it out. I do think additionally the current group should decide how many shares (At $100.00) we should allow. We want enough shareholders to insure that Rescue can bid to get the items but not so many that each of our shares is diminished to far. I would think if we got to 13 shares ($1,200.00) we should stop taking shareholders. It looks like from Lightson summary (Thanks by th way) we have $750.00 for sure and maybe $850.00. However I think Rescue indicated he may be in for $200.00 at one point. Allowing him 1 1/2 shares for each of those leaves us with 6.5 or 7.5 + his three or 9.5 -10.5 (If Hiramdawg is in for a share) We will need 13 shares for the $1,200.00 (Allowing 1 free share to Rescue) That only leaves 2.5 shares at this point. I do not believe we will have any problem getting the balance of the shares.

Joey:I don't know how I missed that one. Its only 45 miles from Winston-Salem so I think we should include these items on our group bid. If others in the group are not interested maybe we can start a second group to bid on these items.

Rescue:

Let me know if you are interested and are bidding on this. If not I will bid before it ends.