Gov. Liquidated lights

Joey:I don't know how I missed that one. Its only 45 miles from Winston-Salem so I think we should include these items on our group bid. If others in the group are not interested maybe we can start a second group to bid on these items.

Rescue:

Let me know if you are interested and are bidding on this. If not I will bid before it ends.

I AM INTERESTED!! Maybe we could keep it in this thread, and if anyone objects to adding these in to the other Deal, they could post that they want out of Deal #2

But we should keep these in the price range of Deal #1 and Deal #2 being added together so say we have 10 people interested in both, and all ten are in at $100 that would mean the total price of both deals should not exceed $1000 unless someone wants to front more money. (Make sense?)

Ilovekaye1: I hope Rescue would be cool with picking these up, if not maybe me and Mark Schell could work something out??!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey:I don't know how I missed that one. Its only 45 miles from Winston-Salem so I think we should include these items on our group bid. If others in the group are not interested maybe we can start a second group to bid on these items.

Rescue:

Let me know if you are interested and are bidding on this. If not I will bid before it ends.

i'll pass on pole mounts....and thanks ilovekaye...my dad should be down your way in a few weeks.

I think until we know for sure how much is with this lot we hold off on getting too many shares other than what we have. We could end up with very little from a good size lot. I also think we need to decide a cap on this bid tonight after pics are taken and a count of items is made.

Rescue and Tory please try to get a decent pic of the plastic snowflakes. Hard to tell what they look like in their pics. I will be on later tonight. Daughters have pre-k graduation a 7. Good Luck guys looking forward to the pics.

I think until we know for sure how much is with this lot we hold off on getting too many shares other than what we have. We could end up with very little from a good size lot. I also think we need to decide a cap on this bid tonight after pics are taken and a count of items is made.

Rescue and Tory please try to get a decent pic of the plastic snowflakes. Hard to tell what they look like in their pics. I will be on later tonight. Daughters have pre-k graduation a 7. Good Luck guys looking forward to the pics.

Joey:Our bid would be limited by the number of shares that we allow. At this point we have eight people interested at 1 share each = 12.5% of each item per. person. Or if we allow 1 1/2 shares for Rescue's trouble 11.765% each. This puts our max. bid at $800.00. Or $1,000.00 if Rescue and 2addicted2lights both go for two shares as they have indicated they might. (This would make the shares 100%/11 = 9.01% each) Naturally the more shareholders we have less each persons share. I think the group needs to decide where we think the high bid will be and allow the number of shareholders only to be sure we can win the bid. Auctions are a funny thing. The people who are bidding against each other now will be very surprised when Rescue starts bidding. (Unless of course they are following this thread-then they will know exactly where they need to be.) They may bow out when he starts bidding or they may go straight to thier limit or they may keep bidding him up $2.00 at a time. Also the government auctions are set up so that if there is a bid within a certain period before the end time the auction is extended. (This eliminates last minute bid jumping.) Rescue could be bidding all afternoon on Wednesday. Either way hopefully we can get a majority on the number of shares we should allow. It may not be an issue unless we have more that are interested.

Lightson:

I just left a message on your voicemail but in case you can follow the thread but not answer your cell I will post here also. I spoke with Sara Warmuth at 336-703-2200 this morning. She indicated that the warehouse people are usually there from 7:00 A.M. till 4:00 P.M. but that she may have been able to have someone come in late and stay late had we contacted her on Friday. She says she may be able to get someone to stay late but certainly not after 5:00. She suggested possibly at lunchtime today or early in the morning. Of course the morning would not do the group a lot of good. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Curt

Lightson:

I just left a message on your voicemail but in case you can follow the thread but not answer your cell I will post here also. I spoke with Sara Warmuth at 336-703-2200 this morning. She indicated that the warehouse people are usually there from 7:00 A.M. till 4:00 P.M. but that she may have been able to have someone come in late and stay late had we contacted her on Friday. She says she may be able to get someone to stay late but certainly not after 5:00. She suggested possibly at lunchtime today or early in the morning. Of course the morning would not do the group a lot of good. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Curt

Already have it taken care of will have pics and numbers up tonight!

Lightson:

Curt

Curt,

I have not gotten to your voice mail yet, as I can't take personal calls while in the office, I work in an office with my supervisor and one other employee.... Thanks for getting in touch with someone for our group!! I mapquested the location and it is exactly 30 mins one way for me, 1 hour round trip, and I only get 1 hour for lunch, so lunch time will not work unfortunately...

Mark Schell sent me a message yesterday, he is located 15 mins from the warehouse, he said he would be happy to go check it out for us, he gave me his number, I will PM it to you, I discussed with him yesterday about my idea on getting the inventory and pictures, so I think he knows what we would all like to see

Maybe Rescue is at work this morning and is getting information/pics as well I guess if he is reading this, as soon as you get something post for us all to see.

Rescue:

Good deal. We shall leave it in your capable hands. I imagine Lightson will want to go by and look anyway. (I know I would if I were closer.) Can't wait to get better pic's and an inventory. I guess we will all be on tonight giving you final commitments. Thanks for all your help. I am not sure we would have pulled this off without you.

At the cost it could be. I dont think it is something I was looking for but if everyone else is we could probably work out a deal.

Does there look to be a good quantity of all of the different items at the warehouse according to what you have seen and inventoried?? Sort of a preliminary idea before you post your pics and information??

At the cost it could be. I dont think it is something I was looking for but if everyone else is we could probably work out a deal.

O.K. I guess we have till around 8:00 tonight so maybe we can get more imput from others before then and make a bid/no bid decision for the group.

I just spoke to Sara and will be stopping by the warehouse at 4 pm today to see the items. Two sets of eyes are always better than one. I'll try to get some actual sizes of most of the items.

I just spoke to Sara and will be stopping by the warehouse at 4 pm today to see the items. Two sets of eyes are always better than one. I'll try to get some actual sizes of most of the items.

That sounds like a good idea, I know Jfelix was wanting some good close ups of the snowflakes. I think we will have a good comprehensive list by the end of the day today!!

Also mark, I think the idea is to split the lot depending on how many people put in how many shares so people who put in $100(1 share) and there are 20 snowflakes and 10 total shares - Each person is guaranteed 2 snowflakes but the person with 2 shares will get a little extra depending on the total of all of the available items.

I think the idea to split things evenly is a good one. Given that all of us are putting in "shares", we should all equally distribute the items. Now, I may not want all the items I get, and may be willing to trade, but that way everyone gets an equal share.

We just need to verify that everyone buys into the "equal share" portion of this, and that folks understand they just can't cherry-pick selected pieces as part of their "share".

Thanks Mark. It sounds like Rescue will have an inventory posted this evening but the more information we all have the better decisions we can make. Concerning the # of shares allowed I think we should leave it up to Rescue to decide how far we want to dilute each share. Also weather or not we should bid on the other items as a group or as a splinter group. Since he will have his hand on the throttle, so to speak, at bid time. If he is comfortable with the current shareholders then we should limit additional members at that point. (Or additional shares for already commited shareholders.) I think the size issue is a good point. If the items do not disassemble to fit on a 10' trailer I will not be able to haul them. In this case all of the arches or any other items to large for me to haul would have to go to shareholders in NC. I guess we will all know more this evening but thanks for your efforts.

Rescue called me and left a VM. He and I will both be at the warehouse at 4 pm. So we'll get a chance to share ideas and how to haul it off. More info later...

Sounds like we are on the right track here with getting the inventory and a sufficient pictures and sizes of the items!! I look forward to seeing what Rescue and Mark have to report :)

Any takers for the auction in Gibsonville with the light pole mounted items. Need to find out so that I can start going after them also seeing that one ends this evening.

If it stays low I would be interested. I plan to keep an eye on it to see where the bid goes. If it stays under $100 we may want to pull the trigger and add it to our current buy. But there are only 20 items if I am not mistaken. Not really worth a large group buy unless everyone wanted like 2 things.

mschell I am with you about splitting equally then workin gout trades. I am also relying on Curt to transport these for me. So if the arches won't fit then we have problems.

Any takers for the auction in Gibsonville with the light pole mounted items. Need to find out so that I can start going after them also seeing that one ends this evening.

Rescue:

Personally I could probably commit to another $15.00 on the Gibsonville stuff. That would be in addition to The $100.00 on the original commitment. But if you are not really interested and you don't get a bunch of replies on it I'd say let it pass.