Gov. Liquidated lights

I got on youtube last night and watched videos of people driving through tanglewood. The plastic snowflakes look awesome as well as the snowflake arch. the colored arches i don't think i saw as well as the star looking metal frames. If that snowflake arch can be broken down to a 10 foot trailer for ilovekaye i will pay whatever is deemed by the group as fair and even. I don't want to short anyone from this buy and im sorry for the "cherrypicking" but i will pay what is necessary.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got on youtube last night and watched videos of people driving through tanglewood. The plastic snowflakes look awesome as well as the snowflake arch. the colored arches i don't think i saw as well as the star looking metal frames. If that snowflake arch can be broken down to a 10 foot trailer for ilovekaye i will pay whatever is deemed by the group as fair and even. I don't want to short anyone from this buy and im sorry for the "cherrypicking" but i will pay what is necessary.

The arches are really cool!! I have been through numerous times and the snowflakes on the arches are in sequence as if they are jumping over the roadway, there are also reindeer on arches that jump over the road way, not sure if those are included in this, but once we hear back from Mark and Rescue we will know :)

As I stated earlier in a post, I would be interested in one of the Arches if at all possible, since I live close, it would be one less thing Rescue would have to store, but I guess we can sort that out later tonight..

Rescue:

Personally I could probably commit to another $15.00 on the Gibsonville stuff. That would be in addition to The $100.00 on the original commitment. But if you are not really interested and you don't get a bunch of replies on it I'd say let it pass.

I would be in on some of the Gibsonville stuff, so I personally say we should probably go for it unless the price goes over $100 that way there will be more to choose from for share holders in the event that there are not enough Arches to go around....

But I would like to keep the entire price of both lots below $1000 so that the max one person has to pay is $100 (1 share)

I think what Tory is saying sounds great. If we can get it all for under $1000 there will be more to go around. I watched the video just now too and was impressed with what we could potentially come ot with.

After a good look we have come up with alot of different items. There are odd numbers on alot so we need to come up with the best solution to spread it out. Once Mark gives number we need to sort this stuff out the best way. Maybe by request via PM. But if anyone has better solutions let me know! The arches I hate to break the travelers hearts will be hard to transport with everyone elses items so will probably have to stay local. But everyone please help me figure out how to sort and we can come up with the best solution once Mark post numbers. There are stars that range from like 3 ft to 6.5 ft, bells that are the same, a manora I think that is spelled right, plain EMT conduit arches with stand that are pretty tall, multitudes of snow flakes and the snowflake arches. Mark will post numbers and I will be back in a little bit while we try to figure out what to do for fair sorting.

Looking at it the pole mount items in Gibbsonville are up to $100 so I will let you guys figure that one out. I am going to be away from the computer for a while this evening at my sons baseball game so if someone else wants to bid on those please feel free I would be willing to pick them up and house them for those that need it till transport but like I said those may end before I get back.

Photos are still uploading off the camera, and will be posted shortly.

I will give you counts of items that we found. There is lots more stuff than was posted in the pictures on the bid site. The other issue is that there are only 3 or 4 of some items in a given size, so trying to equally divide it up will be difficult.

The snowflakes that look like plastic are actually metal, and there's about 60 of them. Didn't measure the diameter, but it's at least 3 feet or so.

Counts:

60 metal snowflakes

16 large wireframe snowflakes/flowers 5-6' in diameter

7 small (3' tall) trees - bottom is square but ends in a point at the top

5 large (5' tall) trees

16-20 white pvc arches - 20' long, but are flexible - probably made out of conduit

22 ground stakes/base for pvc arches

7 box frame arches - 20' long, but are bolted together in smaller sections. These have 4 snowflakes mounted equally across the span

5 "stands" for above - 5 sets of 2, with bolts and metal plate for ground level. Not sure there's enough height on these to raise these as high as they would normally get mounted. Each of these may have at least one snowflake mounted to the upright.

4 large wireframe bells - 7' tall

4 small wireframe bells - 3' tall

3 large wireframe circles with "flake" in center - 7' tall

2 medium wireframe circles - 5' in diameter

3 small wireframe circles - 3' in diameter

4 large wireframe stars - 7' tall

4 medium wireframe stars - 5' tall

4 small wireframe stars - 3' tall

6 Menorahs/candlesticks - approx 3' tall with gold garland attached, a C9 where a flame should go, and white PVC for the candle and misc other items below them. Check picture

20 small wireframe Bethlehem "stars" - no more than 12" tall and 7-10" wide

All items have C9's on them - mostly taped. Not all bulbs are intact, but most are. In same cases they are colored, and others are all clear.

All items have been in storage for at least 2 years, so don't look at recent Tanglewood pictures for reference.

Pictures to follow.

Mark

post-407-129571223902_thumb.jpg

post-407-129571223924_thumb.jpg

Edited by mschell

Not sure of everyones thoughts right now... But with the Second Deal being at $127, I don't think we need to go much higher on it, only a hour or so remaining on those. The original deal still stands at $102....

I say that once we get the numbers we should try to part it out as evenly as we can.... Maybe one person doesn't want snow flakes we can take theirs and give them to someone else to begin with...

Maybe we can all get on the Planet Christmas Flash Chat client located at http://forums.planetchristmas.com/chat/flashchat.php And chat person to person where it is live and not in the Thread format... I think it will be best to be civil and discuss this and come up with a fair and even distribution of the items before the end of the night as people will be at work tomorrow...

I will be on flash chat on and off, but constantly after 9pm so check in with me. I look forward to seeing the pics that Mark will post!

I think we should first look thru the items then see so basic ideas as to what some people wants and then see if we can divy out by what people wants. I mean if you start asking for the bells or stars then you pass up on some of the flakes. This is the big issue to split I am using my blackberry so I will keep watching as you guys talk this out

i believe the snowflakes can be spread fairly evenly. i have no desire for the pvc arches. The for the trees there is enough for 1 for everyone..I will be happy with a 3 foot if thats what everyone chooses. for the bells maybe those that receive the snowflake arches can give up their bells. There are enough stars for everyone I would like to have a medium. The circles with the flake can also go to those who don't get a snowflake arches. As far as Bethlehem Stars go I need no more than 1. this is just a suggestion...everyone needs to say what they believe should be done...

Edited by 2addicted2lights

I have an interest in one of the box arches, with a set of bases.

I also have an interest in 4-5 of the bethlehem stars.

Also might be interested in several of the PVC arches with stands.

Small stars, bells and/or circles too. Mediums will work.

I'm still in for $100.

Mark

I would like a box arch with a stand....if an extra 10 foot piece can be added to make a larger span and the stands still work I would be willing to split 3 20 foot spans with lights on beasley if he is going to go over a driveway too. this would take up for 1 of 2 sets of missing stands.

Edited by 2addicted2lights

I would like a box arch with a stand....if an extra 10 foot piece can be added to make a larger span and the stands still work I would be willing to split 3 20 foot spans with lights on beasley if he is going to go over a driveway too. this would take up for 1 of 2 sets of missing stands.

I missed some of the discussion on the arches, maybe you could hop back into flash chat and tell me what you learned... How small did Mark say these could break down to, because I know they were bolted??

I am mainly interested in the snowflakes, I think splitting the 60 evenly would be best for all. I would like at least 2 large snowflakes for my roof. Not sure if I am interested in the arches. My driveway is about 16ft wide in some spots will they make the span? If so 1 snowflake arch if I can get it to GA. A Menorahs/candlesticks would be cool and different, but not a deal breaker.

Maybe we should break of into sub groups according to what we want in order to split up the things that there are only 10-15 of. For example 3-4 of us split the bells, 3-4 split up the trees, etc.

I am mainly interested in the snowflakes, I think splitting the 60 evenly would be best for all. I would like at least 2 large snowflakes for my roof. Not sure if I am interested in the arches. My driveway is about 16ft wide in some spots will they make the span? If so 1 snowflake arch if I can get it to GA. A Menorahs/candlesticks would be cool and different, but not a deal breaker.

Maybe we should break of into sub groups according to what we want in order to split up the things that there are only 10-15 of. For example 3-4 of us split the bells, 3-4 split up the trees, etc.

Here is a small list of what I am interested in:

Possibly a Arch if it is feasable for my display.

Small Stars/Bells

6-8 3ft Snowflakes

2-3 Bethleham stars (But will be fine if I only get 1)

1 of each 3ft and 5ft trees

1 Candle Menorah

Just a list of what I see of top of my head.