Gov. Liquidated lights

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone that has a stake in this we have to come up to one final answer, we know we somewhat exceeded our original qoutes who would be willing to throw in a couple extra dollars to help cover the gap that took us to $1400? I know some are still hard pressed to go beyond $100 which I understand but between 9 of us and I know several already wanted 1.5 shares I think that should leave us with about about a $380 gap. Do we have any takers for maybe an extra $50 or so to help out the cause? Just PM me with any help possible. Everyones request looks to be in pretty good order right now also just a few last checks and we should be ready to move. I paid up this morning so I should be ready to go pick this stuff up soon.

Everyone that has a stake in this we have to come up to one final answer, we know we somewhat exceeded our original qoutes who would be willing to throw in a couple extra dollars to help cover the gap that took us to $1400? I know some are still hard pressed to go beyond $100 which I understand but between 9 of us and I know several already wanted 1.5 shares I think that should leave us with about about a $380 gap. Do we have any takers for maybe an extra $50 or so to help out the cause? Just PM me with any help possible. Everyones request looks to be in pretty good order right now also just a few last checks and we should be ready to move. I paid up this morning so I should be ready to go pick this stuff up soon.

Just my suggestion, but should we maybe email the spreadsheet out to everyone of what everyone is getting in order to verify the information is correct and then offer up what is not claimed to the original 9 first and if it still goes un claimed, we could offer it to William Bottomley and njwatkins or whom ever and see what they would offer for what they would be getting???

BUT FIRST OF ALL BEFORE LISTING UNCLAIMED ITEMS, I THINK IT BEST TO SEE IF THE ORIGINAL 9 WANT ANY OF IT OR WANT TO MAKE A LARGER OFFER TO GET SOME OF THE UNCLAIMED ITEMS.

With the half shares that gives at least another $100 and then if the other two get what they feel is sufficient for $100 we would almost have the total!!

I'm with lightson on this. I think we ought to see what items are requested. See whats left. Offer balance of items to shareholders as additional shares. Then offer them for sale here on PC. If after a resonable time we do not sell the items, then each of the original shareholders should devide the balance and pay Rescue off. (Unless of course Rescue gets increased commitments from anyone.) I also think we should consider accepting additional shareholders to cover our overbid. I think the main thing to remember is we all went into this togeather and I don't think any of us would fault Rescue for continueing to bid beyond out budget. In fact I think he deserve's an attaboy! Rescue let me know if there is anything I can do to help and I am sure all feel the same. I for one would have a tough time exceeding my original share but I also want to say I will do what needs to be done.

I just went back and looked at the pictures with the inventory list in hand. Folks we bought a lot of stuff. I really think that if we all keep our requests resonalble we can post balance on this thread. Try to generate interest around PC and we can cover our overbid. I mean we have thousands of dollars worth of holiday lighting. I don't think that we will have a problem moving some of it to cover our bid. There is always craigslist & etc.

I just went back and looked at the pictures with the inventory list in hand. Folks we bought a lot of stuff. I really think that if we all keep our requests resonalble we can post balance on this thread. Try to generate interest around PC and we can cover our overbid. I mean we have thousands of dollars worth of holiday lighting. I don't think that we will have a problem moving some of it to cover our bid. There is always craigslist & etc.

This is true!! Some of those Snowflakes go for around $250-300 on Ebay... Those Box Arches simply 2,000-5,000 we picked up a ton of expensive display items and I think it was the best idea for Rescue to go as high as he did because deals like this are few and far between.......

I know from another site, there may be people close to Rescue, MArk and I in NC who could possibly be interested, so I feel we will be able to cover all of the money put into this buy!!!!

Just my suggestion, but should we maybe email the spreadsheet out to everyone of what everyone is getting in order to verify the information is correct and then offer up what is not claimed to the original 9 first and if it still goes un claimed, we could offer it to William Bottomley and njwatkins or whom ever and see what they would offer for what they would be getting???

BUT FIRST OF ALL BEFORE LISTING UNCLAIMED ITEMS, I THINK IT BEST TO SEE IF THE ORIGINAL 9 WANT ANY OF IT OR WANT TO MAKE A LARGER OFFER TO GET SOME OF THE UNCLAIMED ITEMS.

With the half shares that gives at least another $100 and then if the other two get what they feel is sufficient for $100 we would almost have the total!!

We lost one of our guys this AM mscollectibles has had to bow out and due to the reasoning I was willing to accept. Do we want to split his share with ourselves which would increase someones cost or would we be willing to open up to WM to accept this one share? This will be up to you guys just let me know.

Before we open it up or anything else, I'd like to get an idea of what has been claimed/requested. I may be willing to up my contribution depending on what I might get...

I second the suggestion that you send out to the participants either what they might get, or just send the spreadsheet showing what everyone gets. Just don't post it here on the forum - not trying to hide anything, but also just trying to keep it within the group.

There are folks in Raleigh that might be interested in some of the surplus stuff, too.

Before we open it up or anything else, I'd like to get an idea of what has been claimed/requested. I may be willing to up my contribution depending on what I might get...

I second the suggestion that you send out to the participants either what they might get, or just send the spreadsheet showing what everyone gets. Just don't post it here on the forum - not trying to hide anything, but also just trying to keep it within the group.

There are folks in Raleigh that might be interested in some of the surplus stuff, too.

Yeah I second keeping it private... May be best to send the list with all of the original shareholders in it to each other, that way if someone is overlapping and say I want more Bethlehem Stars from Mark, I would be able to tell this from the spreadsheet and I could contact him individually and ask him if he would like to trade 1 or 2 of his Bethlehem Stars for 1 Bell... That way the trades could be worked out person to person.

I suggest we PM Rescue our Email addresses so he can email the spreadsheet to us the Original 8-9.

Also include what is not claimed to the original group so that if there is overlap, we could just say oh give it to who ever and I will take these unclaimed stars.

Then when we know that the original shareholders have settled with what they have and the price they are willing to pay we can offer the surplus to others.

Yeah I second keeping it private... May be best to send the list with all of the original shareholders in it to each other, that way if someone is overlapping and say I want more Bethlehem Stars from Mark, I would be able to tell this from the spreadsheet and I could contact him individually and ask him if he would like to trade 1 or 2 of his Bethlehem Stars for 1 Bell... That way the trades could be worked out person to person.

I suggest we PM Rescue our Email addresses so he can email the spreadsheet to us the Original 8-9.

Also include what is not claimed to the original group so that if there is overlap, we could just say oh give it to who ever and I will take these unclaimed stars.

Then when we know that the original shareholders have settled with what they have and the price they are willing to pay we can offer the surplus to others.

I like lights idea everyone PM a email address to me and I will send out the preliminary list. Please dont hang me if there are any problems if I missed something or wrong amounts. This is a very rough copy open to any changes or suggestions. Once you have it if we barter changes pm me and we can change it around or if someone disagrees with someones take please let me know this is based off of peoples request. Thank you guys for all the help.

I agree we try to work it out between us before we move forward. I am not opposed to William taking mscollectibles share, as it heps us. But before we do anything more we should look within then goi form there.

• 5 months later...

Shane:

I restrung mine with 70 cnt. white LED icycles. I also found some LED candy canes and put 3 strings of 10 on each arch. The arches themselves were repainted when I stripped all the old C7's off. Set one up in the back yard in July and it looked great. I'll be setting my two up over the drive today.

Curt

Shane:

I restrung mine with 70 cnt. white LED icycles. I also found some LED candy canes and put 3 strings of 10 on each arch. The arches themselves were repainted when I stripped all the old C7's off. Set one up in the back yard in July and it looked great. I'll be setting my two up over the drive today.

Curt

How many strands did you use and (icicles)? I'd be interested to see how that worked? You got any pics?

I used 7-strands of 70 white icycles and the 3 sets of 10 candy canes. I did not get them up over the weekend and now its raining here. Since I need volunteers to put them up it will probably be this weekend before they go up. I will get you some pic's as soon as I do though. Wish I had taken some when I had one up in July. Hindsight is always 20/20.

It is about 3 hours away from me... Not sure I would be interested for the large style Light Post Wire Frames... The bid is already up to $37.00 as of today...

yeah if you live close and pick them up its not a bad deal at all for what they cost retail. not good for me though