Are you keeping Christ alive in Christmas with new added features this year?

Guest Lightzilla

Last year I added 3 animals to my Nativity which was actually the 1st up grade I had in a couple of years.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has anything that they will be adding to their nativity for 2010? Surely the nativity scene is not dieing.

Please feel free to post any new ideas for yournativity for 2010.

Thank You.

Lightzilla

post-8560-129571226437_thumb.jpg

post-8560-12957122645_thumb.jpg

last year my nativity was Mary, Joseph, Jesus silhouettes painted solid white. I then used red, blue, green, white floods on it for my show. this year i plan on adding shepherds, wisemen, sheep, and camels. same silhouette idea with more floods plugged into LOR. Of course time may hinder my expansion plans on this element.

We have a customer that is doing a cool dual message sign to a song (I forget which one) that has "Birth of Christ" and "Merry Christmas" in the same cursive text. The overall size is a pretty large 8ft x 2ft:

6.jpg

We have a customer that is doing a cool dual message sign to a song (I forget which one) that has "Birth of Christ" and "Merry Christmas" in the same cursive text. The overall size is a pretty large 8ft x 2ft:

6.jpg

That is very cool. Makes me want to retrofit my current Merry Christmas sign.

Guest Lightzilla

6.jpg

That is a really good idea............looks great.

I have not added a nativity to mine yet but I have been offered a Complete Empire Nativity from my grandparents and seriously considering doing this! It would be the last thing I would want to do or ever do which would be leave Christ out of Christmas! I have even wanted to incorporate the Charlie Browns reading of the meaning of Christmas if I could just find it.

I have not added a nativity to mine yet but I have been offered a Complete Empire Nativity from my grandparents and seriously considering doing this! It would be the last thing I would want to do or ever do which would be leave Christ out of Christmas! I have even wanted to incorporate the Charlie Browns reading of the meaning of Christmas if I could just find it.

someone sent that to me in an email last year. Give me a few days and see of I can find it. I am planning on adding it to mine to for the opening....Nothing like Linus saying "Lights Please!"...

Guest Lightzilla

I made two sightly different readings as far as length goes if you are interested. They both started where the laughter begins and Charlie asks" Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about"? ............and I end it after the second reading & where charlie says " I will take this little tree & show them that it will work in the play" You could edit it a bit more.

Edited by Lightzilla
  • 2 months later...

The biggest addition to my display this year will be a Nativity. I'll of course be adding lights and channels but thats only an augment. The Nativity will be getting the side year to itself, replacing a couple of blow-ups I had there last year. Here 's a few pictures of the work in progress.

Guest Lightzilla

The biggest addition to my display this year will be a Nativity. I'll of course be adding lights and channels but thats only an augment. The Nativity will be getting the side year to itself, replacing a couple of blow-ups I had there last year. Here 's a few pictures of the work in progress.

That should be a neat addition to your display. Pretty detailed stuff.

Good job & it is nice to see you keeping Christ alive in Christmas.

We plan to create a combination "annunciation" and "visitation" or "Magnificat" scene in the yard. The "annunciation" is the Christian celebration of the Archangel Gabriel announcing to Mary that she would become the Mother of God in His human nature. The Magnificat or "Canticle of Mary" is recorded in the Gospel of Luke. It is the Virgin Mary's joyous prayer in response to her cousin Elizabeth's greeting. It occurred to me a few weeks ago that this would be a beautiful addition to our Christmas celebration. I've got two female blow molds (one representing Mary and one Elizabeth), as well as an angel and I'm having a sign made to quote the Canticle of Mary (Luke 1:45-47).

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add lifesize nativity cut-outs to my display -- I love your figures deleskie! wow! Did you draw those freehand or where could I find the patterns? That's exactly the detail I've been looking for. I also like the idea of the different stages of the Christmas story. we have a 300' drive that every 30 or 40 feet or so I could put a different part of the story. I think I have my work "cut-out" for me on my Christmas 2011 display!!

Some nice additions here.

I have searched high and low for a statue of a pregnant Mary on a donkey led by Joseph. I wanted to display this on the right side of our display and move it closer and closer to the stable until Christmas. Then put out our Nativity.

I have all, but given up. I have only found this 10" version. I would like a 3' one for our display.

You can see our Nativity here. The figures are 32 to 36 inches.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38893[/ATTACH]

post-3733-129571249784_thumb.jpg

I recently picked up a blow mold angel and a blow mold star off of ebay. This will make my nativity scene complete that I started putting together last year. I also intend to broadcast Linus doing the story of Christmas while only the nativity is lit (everything else in the yard dark).

I wish I was 1/2 as good as I could draw this out.... I have an old friend that's an artist that I had draw/paint them for me. I'll pass on your comments about how much you love them to him.

thanks!

-jim

I'd like to add lifesize nativity cut-outs to my display -- I love your figures deleskie! wow! Did you draw those freehand or where could I find the patterns? That's exactly the detail I've been looking for. I also like the idea of the different stages of the Christmas story. we have a 300' drive that every 30 or 40 feet or so I could put a different part of the story. I think I have my work "cut-out" for me on my Christmas 2011 display!!

Expanded the nativity to also include popular kid's cartoon figures also bowing at the manger. ( I have recently met kids that don't know what shepherds are!! ) The star is now outlined in lights, and for last several seconds of Linus' reading of the story, the outline fades so that only the middle is still lit---- in the shape of a cross.