Mega tree vs. spiral tree

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Richard

Is one tree spiraling clockwise and the other conter-clockwise ???

That was my intent. If you wrap each tree in opposite directions, you can use the same sequencing pattern and they will mirror each other. I hope it works like I think. The Megatree has its own pattern.

Richard

Guest Lightzilla

I'm going one better. I'm doing a century tree, encased by a mega tree, encased by a spiral tree, encased by a z-tree...326 channels...

So this is where you spend money you didn't have. Debt time.

Guest Lightzilla

I must be the only one not doing a Webber tree this year :rolleyes:

I have not decided yet. I have dueling 11ft trees and may stick to that...........I ususally reverse the effects....................so while one tree spins right the other tree spins left, sometimes I have them do the same effects to make it look like it is ran from the same controllers and then turn on the one trees "Firestick".

When the inspiration hits me then who know I may make a spiral tree............but as of now I am with you and no Webber tree. I am sticking to my dueling trees at this time.

I don't even have a CCR yet..........I may never. I need more lights first.

I'm still working on the design of my two 10' spiral trees; 16 - 1/16" vinyl coated cables going from my old bunfoot to eyelets screwed into my 3/4" grey PVC. I use thimbles on the top end and turnbuckles at the bottom to keep cables taut. Each tree will have eight channels of white, four of red and four of green. I have my animation screen complete and it is shown below. You can see the animation here . . .

Ah, this animation really showed how to arrange the colors on the tree in the spiral configuration. I'm using 6 each of Gree, Red, and White so now I know how to lay it all out. Thanks for that link!!

I'm wondering if 6 of each color will be overkill or not. ?? I'm using Vixen so I'll have to try to set up an adjustable preview PlugIn to see what it will look like.

Edited by Superfreak3