Coro in NOVA

Does anyone in NOVA know where to get coro at a decent price? I've spent some time looking and I just can't find anything that isn't overly expensive.

I have all summer off and have a lot of ideas that I'd like to see come into fruition.

Edited by Tyler

Tyler,

Look for a plastics wholesaler in your area. They will sometimes sell it to you if you are getting several sheets. Also sign shops are a good source. I paid about $20 each at my local sign shop a couple of years ago. Also another good source is elections signs. They are just thrown away after the elections. Call the local office of the candidate of the signs that are out there and get permission to take them down after the elections. They use a lot of 4 X 8 sheets of coro. That won't do you any good though for this summer.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone in NOVA know where to get coro at a decent price? I've spent some time looking and I just can't find anything that isn't overly expensive.

I have all summer off and have a lot of ideas that I'd like to see come into fruition.

I'm often suprised at the single sheet prices that are common - $20, $25, etc. At these prices, let me know if I can help you out with your coro project - I may be able to cut it on a computer controlled machine and ship it for just about the same price you'll pay for a sheet or two of coro at "retail" prices.

Thanks,

David

HolidayCoro.com

I have been looking too. I found this place but they can get pricey. The going rate for 4x8 sheets is 20.57 but if you are buying in large quantities he will discount it.

http://www.beacongraphics.com/supplies/coroplast.html

A 'good' price for 4x8x4mm of coro is right around $7 for white - $8-9 for colors. A reasonable price in our area in small quanities is $10-12 for white coro.

Also another good source is elections signs. They are just thrown away after the elections. Call the local office of the candidate of the signs that are out there and get permission to take them down after the elections.

I'm not sure about other states, but in Texas you can become a certified "bandit sign" sign remover and you get to keep those signs. I think I'm one of the few that actually like the election season. :)

• 4 months later...