LED Holiday Lighting order

Well lights came down last night, and we lost another 6 Blue M5 70 ct strings from LED Holiday Lighting. This is now a 55% defect rate on these strands. Of course, no word back from the company about the RMA requests (which grows weekly) but this was expected anyways... Time to file a credit card claim.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found the only way to get anything from this company is to file complaints with your credit companies. It is a true shame that there are those out there that will do anything to try and take away from the joy that our hobby brings us and those who enjoy watching what we do.

I am sure most of you got this email this morning. I just don't know how to reply or react to it.

Greetings,

As 2010 has winded down we know there are always some products that did not make it through the season. Our email today is about warranty items from 2010 purchases.

Our Warranty policy is below and as long as the product has not been modified in some way and was used as it is intended we will get it replaced for you. Please do note that if we do not have the product in stock currently it will be replaced this summer 2011. All warranties will have an order put in the system for tracking purposes and so that you have a copy of it as well.

We need you to respond to this email with your order number - the number of strands - color of lights - what is wrong with the strand etc. We need this information NO later than January 30th - so please reply to this email as soon as you can with the appropriate information.

Example:

QTY 2: C6 Green 70L 1/2 the strand is lighting up

Order number 13XXX

Warranty information:

Our warranty policy states that if the product is defective in its first season of use (within 90 days of install) we will replace it for you if notified by January 30th. Defective strands will be picked up by UPS and verified for deficiencies. If none are found, you will be charged a 15% restock fee, the cost of the strand and the cost to ship it back to you. If the number of replacement strands we send is greater than the number we pick up from you, you will be charged for the difference in the number of strands at their retail price. If we do not have any replacement strands available at the time, the warranty strand will be sent the following summer when product arrives for the season. Strands that have unchecked blown fuses, that have cut wires, excessive damage or are altered in any way will not be eligible for warranty.

Thank you and Happy New Year

I received all of my order from Travis so, I will respond with my order number and the type and amount of lights that I have that no longer work.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones and did receive all of my order from Travis. I do have quite a few green lights that don't work anymore though, but still have hope that these will be replaced. I am not so confident that they will be replaced with 'good' lights. Its pretty obvious there was some kind of quality problem and these lights will be replaced with lights from the same stock.

However if I had not received all of my lights and I have not been refunded for them I would respond with my order number and the amount of lights that I did not receive plus the number that I did receive (if any) that have stopped working.

Believe me I understand how it makes someone feel when they have been shafted by one of our light vendors and then receive something like this, or see them post about pre-order sales. ; )

I received the e-mail first thing this morning.

I didn't use all of my lights from Travis this year. I did have one of the 100 ct M5 green go bad (50%). Guess I better start burning in the balance.

Interesting that there has not been any mention of a pre-sale from him........OK OK let's not keep this thread going in that direction......

Gee, he puts up info about warranty this year, but what bout the 2009 strings??? I've been lucky and haven't had any issues with the lights I got from him, until tonight.... 1/2 of a string of net lights just went out. I've not had a chance to look at them yet, but I'm taking everything down this weekend.

I guess Travis won't be able to do anything for me on the 2009 lights...... Like I really wan to tempt fate again with him.... :)

Well I guess I am one of the fortunate few. The 100 strings I bought from Travis in 2009 worked again this year. I may have had a total of two strings go bad. My 2010 order of another 100 strings has not been so fortunate. I had two strands delivered defective and I have another 10 that went bad during the season. So I intend to take advantage of his warranty offer. Additionally He or someone from his company have answered all of my emails promptly.

Conversely, every single strand of LEDS I purchased from SAMs 2007-2009 is now defective. They cost more than Travis charged and they all failed. The warranty requires a copy of the sales slip, the bar code from the original box and the defective strand to be sent back and I have to pay for shipping.

I have priced lights from other vendors that I know provide better communication but the lights from Travis cost less. When he offers his early order sale I will order again.

I have priced lights from other vendors that I know provide better communication but the lights from Travis cost less.

The reason that Travis charges less is that he has his favorite customers and does not deliver the lights that were ordered from the rest of us. That adds up to your discount is coming from my pocket.

Sorry for getting so nasty about this here but what he has done to many of us here is completely and totally wrong.