LED Holiday Lighting order

socrnet

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried to stay clear of complaining about LED Holiday Lighting's service, but what can I say. I'm $250.00 short from last years order and this years order hasn't been sent. One call and one email from Travis after 4 phone calls and 4 emails over a 3 week period. No response since his email.

Call and say you want to place an order. That may likely get you a return call - but that certainly says something about the individual you are dealing with doesn't it?

Those of us who have been around a while have all seen some of our community start out with an intent to get a decorating related business running.

We have seen it with blowmolds, lights, various electronics etc.

Some have grown their businesses into the now large merchants we deal with every year!

Some however, while they may have started out with good intentions, as volume/time issues increase their business heads South. I would like to think it is because they lack business acumen/background.

That being said there is absolutely no excuse to not return calls, answer emails, or even worse cheat people out of their hard earned $$.

For example, I purchased a large # of blowmolds from DB the first year he setup operations, and all worked out perfectly. I had no need for another purchase, which was fortunate, as the second year things "went South". My experience with him was positive, but many others had a negative experience. Based on their experience I would not purchase anything else from him, even though I had a good initial experience! People and situations do often change.

I had a good initial experience purchasing LEDs (needed white wired strings that Paul S doesn't offer) from TF the first year, but got burned $$ the second (when everyone else did - same story no returned emails, wrong merchandise sent (twice), no returned phone calls, and even a refused certified rr letter).

I subsequently recovered most of the $$ through action I felt obligated to pursue (as it was not an inconsequential amount).

Others posted similar issues.

Others stood behind him (including some that had never placed an order with him).

Some had no problems with subsequent orders. That's all well and good, but the bottom line is it is never the problems with orders that make/break a good dealer - it is the response and service when a problem occurs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. My feeling is a leopard doesn't change his spots. There are plenty of established dealers we all know will stand behind their customers, so I don't feel the need to chance others, especially when there are are known issues/problems.

There is no question many are happy with their orders from TF this year. That's great!

Others seem to be encountering what many of us warned the pc community we had experienced last year.

At the very least those folks can not say they were not aware of previous problems, so the bottom line, as always, is caveat emptor.

Greg

Edited by Greg Young

I too am waiting on product from Travis. I did get my LED light strings, but have not gotten my spt wire and plugs. I have however been charged for everything. I have used the 'fail-safe' trouble ticket system with no response, and called and left a message with no response. I have done some digging here and there and see he reported on face book that the wire and plugs would ship next Tuesday. However that was the 2nd of September which was 2 Tuesdays ago.

I have been very disappointed with 2 of our light vendors here. I have so far only lost money with one of them. It remains to be seen if I have lost money with LED Holiday Lighting. Guess its time to start looking else where to buy LED light strings in bulk.

I got my 1000' spool of spt1 today. I have still not received the male and female plugs. Still waiting.

Gotta say the spt is sweet. Solid wood spools instead of the flimsy plastic spools that are usually cracked or broken during shipping, dark green pvc jacketed cord and best of all 90.00 per 1000 ft. spool with free shipping....And we all know the killer shipping on zip cord. Man, I wish I would of ordered more!

Well, about three weeks ago I got excited, received a tracking number, a few days went by and low and behold 4 boxes show up. Great! then realize I was still missing a case of lights. I sent an email out, and also made a telephone call, posted on the help page. Got a response the last case will go out ASAP, that was 19 days ago. Still waiting..... I am getting a little nervous on this issue, all my problems from last years order have been resolved. I figured I'd give LED Lighting a chance this year to square things away, but I am beginning to see the same sceniero as last year appear.

I will keep everyone posted on this issue. Hopefully it is just a matter of being a little busy.

I think it might be a matter of just being woefully unorganized. I received part of my order, but still haven't seen the other part either. They were supposed to ship a day apart. But that's part of the issue - why ship things a day apart? Why do some people have SPT and not plugs? etc. Sounds like a very expensive way to run a "free shipping" offer. I'm also wondering if the "great shipping on SPT" deal wasn't just an oversite and therefore actually costing him money...

Just my speculations/ramblings of course...

I think it might be a matter of just being woefully unorganized. I received part of my order, but still haven't seen the other part either. They were supposed to ship a day apart. But that's part of the issue - why ship things a day apart? Why do some people have SPT and not plugs? etc. Sounds like a very expensive way to run a "free shipping" offer. I'm also wondering if the "great shipping on SPT" deal wasn't just an oversite and therefore actually costing him money...

Just my speculations/ramblings of course...

As far as I know, everyone who had placed orders in last years pre sale received free shipping. I dont think there were any product exclusions. Why would there be? My guess is the plugs and spt are coming from different sources and in a attempt to get the product out he is biting the bullet on shipping.

My understanding of the free shipping was if you spent $1,000 or more.I would quess that meant for last year as well.Could that be why you did not get free shipping?

At least for the first pre-order, you also got it if you placed an order with him last year. It was supposed to be a make-good on all the hassles.

I need to double-check my account/invoice...

I was also charged shipping this year and was supposed to get shipping for free since I participated in last year’s pre-order. I mentioned this to him on several times and got the typical "I'll get that taken care of ASAP" response. Fortunately shipping for my order was only $13, so I'm probably going to just write that off. It would take way too much time an aggravation to get my 13 bucks back. I'll just be taking my business elsewhere from now on.

Very disappointed in Travis! After last year's fiasco we decided to go ahead and order with LED Holiday Lighting for this year's greatly expanded show. Unfortunately we feel like we are holding the bag because we still haven't received 41 light strings and the quick plugs from our order. The most disappointing is that even after calling and writing we aren't getting any direct communication with Travis. No we are finding that his voicemail is full...no doubt with other customers like us trying to get information about their orders! Like last year, he has chosen to retreat from the public eye rather than address and inform his customers as to what the problem is with fulfilling orders!

Our account was charged for the remaining balance on 8/1 and now, almost two months later we have not received nearly $400 of merchandise! I don't know whether or not we should start seeking another supplier for the lights that we need or continue to hope that Travis steps up to the plate!

After calling, leaving messages and writing with no concrete information, last night I took to the public forums of Facebook, Twitter and You Tube asking him to please inform us of his intentions with regard to fulfilling our order or issue a refund for the merchandise he can't seem to ship! Instead of taking the time to give explanation, we received a generic email and all the public posts have been deleted! And where he could, he blocked me from making any other posts. I noticed before going to bed another Facebook post similar to mine and that other gentleman's post was also erased! Interesting choice! Why not post a public reply? I told him that I would happliy retract/update the public post with his actions.

Well, bottom line I'm afraid last year may not have been the one time problem that we were led to believe. I couldn't be more disappointed in a vendor. I will happily update as I have information.

UPDATE! Travis just called and said he would be shipping our 41 light strings and plugs today! He said they have been hammered with lots of rain thus the delay. We are looking forward to getting our lights and plugs so we can get our mega tree up and begin testing. This will be our first mega tree and so excited to see it come together. Will update when we receive our lights!

Well, the rain does explain issues with shipping Wed. through Saturday of last week (September 22 - 25) but it doesn't explain what is the delay otherwise. We will wait to see if our order ships in full today as he told us.

On a side note: as promised I offered to update his Facebook, Twitter and You Tube accounts to indicate we heard from him directly and were pleased to know he was shipping our order out. In an email he thanked me for the offer but said that those sites were not "up for customers to do that. What everyone does with these lights are happy and fun things that are positive not negativity." And he wished us a wonderful holiday season.

True that, what everyone does with the lights is about giving and pleasure and fun and positive. The anxiety of whether or not a vendor is going to make it possible for you to do those things is the negativity.

Again, will post updates and hopefully will do a happy dance by the end of the week with the rest of the lights in hand. Working on the mega tree now as we are on vacation and hope to have it up in the backyard to work with it. Since it's our first, I'm going to have to play with the programming to get the swing of it!