LED lights in stock ready to ship! Discount code PC2009

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it also said 20 $ to canada but i was wondering how are they ship ?? ups..usps..fed ex.. exc. as it coulb be cheap to ship but if they used ups or fed.. we in canada are being charge a lots $$ in brokage fee ...like 50 to 300 $ ....killing any saving you can get ....

cheer

Let me check with our shipping guys on Tuesday. I know on smaller things they tend to use USPS.

I do know, that if your order qualifies for free shipping, we just have a set add on to ship over sees. So it may be $20 to ship, but we have deducted 10-14 already because of the free shipping...

Stay tuned.....

Said it before, will say it again. VERY pleased with these lights! I've had them running for months now as I test out my sequences. Bright, Vibrant, Fade up and down very nice. If I needed more, I would order again from him! I think the concensus will be all positive. I'll let the other chime in....Good luck and I wouldn't worry if I were you!

Said it before, will say it again. VERY pleased with these lights! I've had them running for months now as I test out my sequences. Bright, Vibrant, Fade up and down very nice. If I needed more, I would order again from him! I think the concensus will be all positive. I'll let the other chime in....Good luck and I wouldn't worry if I were you!

Thanks pokrplr for the info, Do you remember the thread about someone asking about LEDs that dont look cartoonish, well I am looking FOR that cartoon look, would these qualify as cartoonish?

I too cannot speak for Brian, but LED lights in general (at least the ones I have seen as well as those that I own) have a more vibrant color that that of their incandescent counterparts. They also do not have a "hotspot." When you look at an incandescent mini light, usually you can see a spot in the bulb where the light is particularly bright, almost a white color. That's because it is, behind painted glass. The LED stringers emit light of a given specific color and therefore seem to be more uniform and true in color. All in all, when they are viewed from the street, both will look good and I doubt on-lookers will even know the difference; just us enthusiasts. Even Walmart LED lights look good. The biggest difference between various LED light stringers will not be their appearance (their maybe some slight difference in the shade of a color), but their build quality.

I too cannot speak for Brian, but LED lights in general (at least the ones I have seen as well as those that I own) have a more vibrant color that that of their incandescent counterparts. They also do not have a "hotspot." When you look at an incandescent mini light, usually you can see a spot in the bulb where the light is particularly bright, almost a white color. That's because it is, behind painted glass. The LED stringers emit light of a given specific color and therefore seem to be more uniform and true in color. All in all, when they are viewed from the street, both will look good and I doubt on-lookers will even know the difference; just us enthusiasts. Even Walmart LED lights look good. The biggest difference between various LED light stringers will not be their appearance (their maybe some slight difference in the shade of a color), but their build quality.

How much difference are there in quality between the Walmart brand and the Holiday Light Express brand? I've got lots of questions before I plunk down that kind of dough.

Thanks pokrplr for the info, Do you remember the thread about someone asking about LEDs that dont look cartoonish, well I am looking FOR that cartoon look, would these qualify as cartoonish?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36930[/ATTACH]

I just took this from my cell, You've gotta be the judge on cartoonish. Hope the pic turns out ok

How much difference are there in quality between the Walmart brand and the Holiday Light Express brand? I've got lots of questions before I plunk down that kind of dough.
I understand - I did as well. From what I've seen, the LED stringers stocked by the department stores are of a two part design, similar to that of traditional minis. The bulbs can be replaced. While this seems to be a good idea, it isn't. The LEDs do not "burn out" like their incandescent counterparts and therefore really do not need replacing. In the two part design, the contacts begin to corrode causing the LEDs to fail. There have been some hear who have attempted to prevent this from happening by putting some dielectric grease in each socket, but I really do not know how they ever made out. The higher quality LED stringers are of a one-peice design and the LEDs are not replaceable. They are, IMO, the preferable design. I do not know much about the lights that Brian sells other than what I read one his website and from the testimony of others. I do not know him to sell an inferior light and I have never heard of his lights having a problem - and they are a one-peice design. I think it's been 4 years since I purchaced my first LED light stringers, and in that time, I have only had 3 fail - and half strings at that. It's not too bad when you consider this is from some 600 to 700 strings of LED lights.

My personal favorite brand of LED light stringer is made by Holiday Creations (H/C). They have been bulletproof in my display. That does not mean that the vendors here sell lights which are inferior to H/C; they are all good. It's just that I am guareenteed the same quality of light, year after year. Brain's lightare good as far as I know; so are those from the vendors I listed previously. If you do have concerns, buy 1 string and evaluate them for yourself - it's what I did...

I checked out Holiday Creations website and they sell thru alot of companies including Walmart in Canada. My question is and I am sure this has been asked a million times, where is the best price for the best quality. I dont mean the highest price for the highest quality, I am guess I am looking for the best value. I am looking to replace all my lights with LEDs this year, not to save on my electric bill but because of the way they look. Help please... THANKS....

The answer to that question can only be answered by you. There are as many answers tothat as their are people on PC. If I were you, I would buy a single string from each vendor you are intrested in (which includes those here and the big box stores) and make your own informed decision. I'm partially to Holiday Creations. Others to lights from Paul, Brian, and Travis. Some like the Target / Walmart lights. By a string from each, compare, and then make your purchase in Febuary during the "prebuy", when the sales are at their largest. Use your existing lights for this last season. That's my suggestion...

To help... yes the discount code works on both our sites. www.holiday-light-express.com is being geared more towards you guys. www.environmentalled.com is geared towards the general consumer.

Also, the M5, C6 and icicle lights we are stocking this year are actual Holiday Creations brand. the 5mm is our own brand which is similar.

As far as quality vs big box... big box has lights built to a certain price point. They know that they can sell a box of lights for $10 to the average consumer, so they have the lights built to that quality level.

The lights we sell are built to the commercial clients quality level.