VA Mini Plus 2011

MarthaK

There was chatter at the 2010 Mini about the location for the next one.

Is there anyone who was seriously thinking of hosting the 2011?

Fredericksburg was a location that came up a few times (mostly for the donuts, I think).

Since then. Paul Glancy has been digging up information on a possible site in this area.

I figured since locations need to be booked pretty far in advance that I would get the conversation started.

Where do you all want to hold it next year? Is the same time of year good for folks?

Don't forget the big one should be back in 2011 at Gatlinburg too. I think Chuck used to ask they not be within three months of the big one.
ICE will be within 1 week of PLUS 2011, which is occurring over the 4th of July weekend; but I think the VA mini should be as far north as possible (maybe in S. Jersey somewhere)...

Don't forget the big one should be back in 2011 at Gatlinburg too. I think Chuck used to ask they not be within three months of the big one.

There is going to be low attendance, if it's not canceled, anyways. Don't let PLUS 2011 stop ya'll. I *hope* I can make it down this year.

• 4 months later...

Is it going to be at Paul's Bakery again. I would love to see it in May or June. When it warms up.

I don't care where or when it is. If Paul's bakery posts I'm there (I'll pick up Bill V and bring him too).

Fredericksburg would be an awesome location, even if we needed to rent a spot.

Glenn

I'm a bit hesitant to support Memorial Day weekend - I really would have a hard time passing up a holiday weekend day on the boat w/ friends that often come down for that weekend, for Christmas lights, as much as I like them and those who gather for them in the summer! I mean, it's not a 100% no, and if everyone else is fine with that weekend, go for it - It's just not anywhere near the top of my list for dates...

As far as geography, Fredericksburg is fine by me.

Paul can do it either the Memorial day weekend or the first weekend in June. The big plus is June 29th thru July 2nd and because this mini will not cost anything I don't really see a conflict with the big plus. You are just paying for gas to get there. If you want June 4th let us know which date will work best for you. MarthaK is June 4th okay with you??? I totally forgot about Nascar and we don't want to get in the way of Nascar lovers. hahaha

Edited by lightitup

Sorry everyone, but May and June are simply out of the question for me. I have a couple scattered weekends open, but those months are dominated by my work with Project Healing Waters and collected fly fishing and archery events. July slows down some and August is a total blank, but spring is a no-go ESPECIALLY if I need to devote time to organizing the event. I just can't do it.

Trudge on without me.

MarthaK

I don’t want to step on anyone’s but if you are unable to help Paul with organizing a mini and if no one else wants to step up and help I would be willing to assist Paul with organizing the mini. Paul has graciously offered a meeting room free of charge next to his bakery and of course lots of delicious pastries. Can’t turn that down.

It looks like May 21 is OK with Paul. Another possibility is the month of April.

MarthaK

I don’t want to step on anyone’s but if you are unable to help Paul with organizing a mini and if no one else wants to step up and help I would be willing to assist Paul with organizing the mini. Paul has graciously offered a meeting room free of charge next to his bakery and of course lots of delicious pastries. Can’t turn that down.

It looks like May 21 is OK with Paul. Another possibility is the month of April.

I can arrive early to assist.

Glenn