Am I the only one that misses it?

OK... I'll admit it... I actually enjoyed having the most recent threads listed on the left hand side of the page. I visit PC every single day... but I don't usually go through each forum category.

For me, it was nice having the most recent threads listed because there were a few threads that caught my eye and I ended up reading through them. They were in categories that I normally would not have visited and, therefore, would have missed them.

Is there a setting that I can change to get the most recent threads back... or was the negative backlash so strong that Chuck did away with it completely?

BTW... if you're just going to sound off against the most recent threads, feel free to do so in another thread, I'm just trying to get some helpful information in this one. :rolleyes:

Ha, Chuck must be feeling "****ed if you don't, ****ed if you do" at this point.

I didn't care for it, it just took up screen real-estate and clicking "what's new" is the same functionality- plus it seems to have been the culprit causing the "wide scroll" issues on non-IE8 browsers. But since others have said that other vBulletin sites make it optional, it would be cool if we could make it optional here too, just to try to please everyone :)

Ha, Chuck must be feeling "****ed if you don't, ****ed if you do" at this point.

I didn't care for it, it just took up screen real-estate and clicking "what's new" is the same functionality- plus it seems to have been the culprit causing the "wide scroll" issues on non-IE8 browsers. But since others have said that other vBulletin sites make it optional, it would be cool if we could make it optional here too, just to try to please everyone :)

Agreed…

I prefer the extra screen space.

I'm glad it's gone...I can see the forum now and read the posts. The bar at the top does the same thing as the left section.

Oddly enough I was on another VB forum today where I came upon a left column...I never noticed it before so I don't think it was there. Anyway it had a very big arrow to collapse the left column to make it disappear completely.

Behind the scenes there were some technical issues with the side bar plug-in. Some people that hadn't logged in for awhile were getting error pages because of bad cookies. No good deed goes unpunished.

I'll admit I liked the left column because I could check in and instantly see recent posts rather than waiting for a quick search of new messages. Time saved... probably two seconds. I've put in an RFP to somehow add one extra minute to all of my days between now and Christmas.

The left sidebar is gone but keep an eye on that top menu bar because it will be expanding.

Since there was a problem a now it is fixed it would be a good time to remove a certain user from the time out chair. Im just sayin. : )

If we're talking about Mike (oldcqr) I would support that. He has been a good, long-time user that just got frustrated and perhaps reacted badly. We all have our bad moments (I certainly have, and I'm still here :) )

Then why is it in the last month that i have posted either a reply or thread starter my posts are NEVER in the Recent posts area? Is it something I'm doing wrong becaues it never happened before untill the new sofrware upgrade?

Behind the scenes there were some technical issues with the side bar plug-in. Some people that hadn't logged in for awhile were getting error pages because of bad cookies. No good deed goes unpunished.

I'll admit I liked the left column because I could check in and instantly see recent posts rather than waiting for a quick search of new messages. Time saved... probably two seconds. I've put in an RFP to somehow add one extra minute to all of my days between now and Christmas.

The left sidebar is gone but keep an eye on that top menu bar because it will be expanding.

Usually when someone gets the chair, it was clearly a long time coming.

I’ve conversed with Mike on here and other forums for a couple of years and he’s normally not like that. I think Mike just picked a bad day and wrote down what everyone was feeling.

I have to actually agree and also disagree with you here Ernie. Mike is like that a lot, when he expresses his opinion on a subject he feels strongly about he let's you have it with both barrels, he is no diplomat. Do I think that's a bad thing, NO. I find it to be an admirable quality. He doesn't demean anyone or use foul language.

I like Mike a lot (and I know you and most veterans around here do also) and I consider him a very valuable member. He is not only very knowledgeable about this hobby, he also doesn't hesitate to help whoever asks for it.

I think it was very unfair that he got TOed because we've all seen much worse behavior go unchecked. I think in Mike's case he just pushed some wrong buttons, but I don't think he did any worse than I did myself.

Chuck Smith I know you're going to read this so - please bring Mike back and let bygones be bygones. It's getting mighty close to the "season".

...Chuck Smith I know you're going to read this so - please bring Mike back and let bygones be bygones. It's getting mighty close to the "season".

It sure seems like everyone is asking nicely ;)

It just won't be Christmas without Mike here to tell people to use GFIs.