think I bit off mor then I can chew

christmas_nut

Has anyone ever started a project,and then about half way through you ask yourself, "WHAT WAS I THINKING? I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS".I am currently at this point, and I have allready vowed not to have as many projects on the go for my display next year, knowing full well I'll probably have more than this year.

The only thing that keeps me working through the insainty that I created for myself is the smiles it puts on the faces of children and adults alike who come to see my display. So here I sit with no other option but to forge ahead,,,,,and I woulden't have it any other way.

Edited by christmas_nut

No one but YOU knew exactly what big awesomely creative ideas and plans that you have in mind every year for your holiday display!!! SO, no one but YOU will be disappointed if you dont meet or exceed those expectations!!!

Trust me. Everyone else will be so excited to see your display!!! Now when they want to know what you have planned for next years display...just smile and say "Santa hasn't told me yet...Come back next year and you see for yourself!"

Guest showtime

No one but YOU knew exactly what big awesomely creative ideas and plans that you have in mind every year for your holiday display!!! SO, no one but YOU will be disappointed if you dont meet or exceed those expectations!!!

Trust me. Everyone else will be so excited to see your display!!! Now when they want to know what you have planned for next years display...just smile and say "Santa hasn't told me yet...Come back next year and you see for yourself!"

Kathy I think I need to take your advice on "Santa hasn't told me yet...Come back next year and you see for yourself!". When somebody ask's me my mined starts running with my ideas lol.

When I get the "What was I thinking" I stop and walk away or work on a different project. At some point I come back all fired up and ready to go.:)

Guest Lightzilla

Has anyone ever started a project,and then about half way through you ask yourself, "WHAT WAS I THINKING? I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS".I am currently at this point, and I have allready vowed not to have as many projects on the go for my display next year, knowing full well I'll probably have more than this year.

The only thing that keeps me working through the insainty that I created for myself is the smiles it puts on the faces of children and adults alike who come to see my display. So here I sit with no other option but to forge ahead,,,,,and I woulden't have it any other way.

So whats your point? You obviusoly have the time otherwise you wouldn't had said "I woulden't have it any other way".

As long as what you are doing is from the heart and for the viewers (including family) then your on the right track. Do not lose the creativility that lies within you, what do I mean?......well I mean be yourself and try and create things from you own heart and not always that of somone else. Think Canadian (what would make that viewer says "that wood cut out made my day" or "thanks to your display my children smiled from an otherwise sad heart" or "we drive 2 hours one way to see your display each year and it gets better each time".

My favorite is "this is your fault" the neighbour yells as he puts up the lights..........and all over the place where I live people are putting up lights that never put up lights in previous years, but each year more houses decorate.

I would like to say I decorate for the family but that is not the case as my children were really never into lights and so the lights I put up meant very little to them even now. For me it was I decorate for anyone that might be hurting, or stressed, maybe worried....... be it family, friends, or neighbours. If what I make helps to lift someone up from some saddnes, or helps calm a stressed heart then I am content.

True you do not always hear how it helps but a few months down the road, or in a year or so someone might say to another at work during lunch hour "why drive 2.5 hours to Rocky Mountian House when there is a nice decorated home in Thorsby that has a musical light display, a Ferris Wheel........?" My wife said to the co-workers at the lunch table, "is there a 107.7 FM sign on the yard?" and they said "yes".

I think for me it is the sequencing..........in that I may have bit off more than I can chew this year but I am almost done my special tribute to the Canadian Armed Forces. Singer/song writers (that I asked permission from) want me to take a video of the display with their song in it. I believe they want to post the video on their web-site. So like you said....... "here I sit with no other option but to forge ahead,,and I woulden't have it any other way."

I never really thought of it like that. I alwayse keep thinking that I have to out do myself every year because thats what everyone else expects. Thanks

I'm sorry, you ARE a Christmas nut . . . I like you!