Liquidation

JD,

If you could answer my PM, I can make plans for payment. I will be going out of town tomorrow afternoon and will not be back in until late Sunday. Just didn't want you waiting for an answer and not get one since I would be out of town and not near email :-)

Thanks,

Robert

Welcome to Planet Christmas! I think the LOR CTB16PC would be a great start. You can go to http://www.lightorama.com/ and find out more about each of their products. But for what you're wanting to do, animation without music, you don't need a director. In fact, if you run the show from your computer, you'll never need a director. The director will let you to do shows to music without having your controller connected to your computer. There's many ways to do what you'll find on this site and many people to help out. Just keep reading, searching and asking questions. There's a lot of very smart people here to help you out.

Enjoy the hobby and be warned it's addicting.

Glen,

Thank you for the input. This forum is incredible. I have never seen a place where everyone is so helpful. Since I missed out I am going to buy 1 ea PC-CTB16PC

and the software and see where that takes me. Now it appears i need to figure out where I am going to put this and future ones so I can get a Cat 5 to it from inside the house.... Any tricks of the trade besides the wireless that they cell?

Glen,

Thank you for the input. This forum is incredible. I have never seen a place where everyone is so helpful. Since I missed out I am going to buy 1 ea PC-CTB16PC

and the software and see where that takes me. Now it appears i need to figure out where I am going to put this and future ones so I can get a Cat 5 to it from inside the house.... Any tricks of the trade besides the wireless that they cell?

I use one of these so I don't have to mess with connecting it to a computer (since it ties up the computer while the show is running) or running cat5 out of the house.

http://store.lightorama.com/midiwimp3pl.html

IF I were to connect to a PC, I would use a old PC and just store it out in my garage to connect to.

I use one of these so I don't have to mess with connecting it to a computer (since it ties up the computer while the show is running) or running cat5 out of the house.

http://store.lightorama.com/midiwimp3pl.html

IF I were to connect to a PC, I would use a old PC and just store it out in my garage to connect to.

Sounds good. Thanks again

J.D. - Very sad to hear of your liquidation but I'm glad your sale is going so well. Later, when you've settled into the routine of college payments, maybe you can come back to the hobby. In any event, stay on PC and keep in touch as we'd love to have you here.

. . . Now it appears i need to figure out where I am going to put this and future ones so I can get a Cat 5 to it from inside the house.... Any tricks of the trade besides the wireless that they cell?

For the Cat5, I have a female jack in the basement, the computer plugs into this. This jack is connected to a female, weatherproof jack out side the house that the first controller plugs into.

jd,

thank you so much for selling me the christmas lights last week. i was reading your posts today and you mentioned that you were going through things in the attic this weekend. i was hoping you could call me (301-674-0684) and let me know if you will be selling the dancing snowflakes, arches and mini trees. as i expressed earlier, i would like to purchase them as well. i could come after church today if that is convenient.

looking forward to hearing from you.

laura

jd,

thank you so much for selling me the christmas lights last week. i was reading your posts today and you mentioned that you were going through things in the attic this weekend. i was hoping you could call me (301-674-0684) and let me know if you will be selling the dancing snowflakes, arches and mini trees. as i expressed earlier, i would like to purchase them as well. i could come after church today if that is convenient.

looking forward to hearing from you.

laura

Dang Laura,

Beat me out on the lights, might as well swallow up the rest of JD's stuff.......Did my wife have anything to do with this?

Hi all,

I appreciate all the people interested in the controllers, but they're all gone now (still getting PMs). My wife and I are now ready to sell some of the other items. We're pulling down the 16 mini trees from the attic. A couple things about these. We put a little more effort into building them so they'd be a little more sturdy. We didn't want the wind to blow them over or have problems with electrical grounding issues.

Here's how we built them. Starting with a 4'x4' section of wire screen (1/4" square - see attachment), we used tin snips to cut it into a 4' circle. Next, we cut the circle into three equal pieces (from edge to center, 120 degrees apart). These sections were then curled into a tree shape and tied together with cable ties. Next, we hung and spray painted the trees with dark green rusnolium paint. Once dry, we cable-tied 600 lights (200 R,G&W), to each tree. Next, we mounted a strobe light halfway up the front edge of the tree. Finally, we built and painted a 16" square base out of 2x4's, and mounted the tree to it.

Pros to this design: super solid construction, durable, no grounding issues, looks like an actual tree

Cons: a little more expensive, can't be stacked for storage.

Because these weigh so much, there's no way we can ship them. Only those within driving distance should consider buying them. We have 16 available. They go for $50 in groups of 4 or $725 for all 16. Send me a PM if you'd like to come over and see them.

We'll pull the six arches and seven splash pools down once these are gone. Again, thanks for the interest...

J.d.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37678[/ATTACH]

post-7604-129571242549_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...