So... looks like no twig trees this year (well, no good & affordable twig trees)

Those look awesome! You're not really in Tampa are you? Do they have the Fleet Farm on that side?

Yep--I am in Tampa, and there aren't any Fleet Farm stores here either. A PC member told me last year that's where he got his. So I signed up on there site for an email notification when they were back in stock. If I can't find any locally, I will order from them.

Yep--I am in Tampa, and there aren't any Fleet Farm stores here either. A PC member told me last year that's where he got his. So I signed up on there site for an email notification when they were back in stock. If I can't find any locally, I will order from them.

Oh ok, cool. The shipping seemed to be around $10, which is reasonable. Those are nice twig trees for $45 + $10 shipping. Shoot, the only comparable model is $79.99 at Sears (600 lights 6' tall). Thanks again for posting this! Wonder if they will have any left at the end of the season ;)

Oh ok, cool. The shipping seemed to be around $10, which is reasonable. Those are nice twig trees for $45 + $10 shipping. Shoot, the only comparable model is $79.99 at Sears (600 lights 6' tall). Thanks again for posting this! Wonder if they will have any left at the end of the season ;)

You are quite welcome. I wouldn't count on any being available after the season though. They didn't have any last year.

I don't know if this is what anyone is looking for but Target's ad has a sale on what they call twig trees: $20 for a set of 3 LED trees. In stores only.

http://www.target.com search for twig trees in the holiday section.

They're not the same. Targets are a few feet tall and have a few branches. I think somewhere on the first page we had a picture of what we're referring to.

We were in Kmart today, and they have a good looking incandescent twig tree for $49. It's only 5 feet though. Also went to Walmart and they have an "ok" looking twig tree for $40 which is 6 feet tall. It's LED, and very sparse on lights...but I know a lot of us rewrap the trees with lots of extra lights, so it's the shape that's important :)

Looks like Target isn't going to carry the nice twig trees again this year and they were the last to carry a good quality, while still affordable twig tree. Sure, you can buy a fairly flimsy one from Kmart, with hardly any lights, and then Sears has a nice sturdy unit with a ton of lights (for $100), but neither of those is a good option. Walmart had a decently priced 6' unit a couple years back, but just like Walmart, they pulled it last year in favor of a more cheaply made LED based unit.

Just very disappointing... I think one of our vendors should get into carrying these... somewhere there is a factory that knows how to make them for a decent price if Target and Walmart were able to carry them (and several years ago, Home Depot was on that list too).

Check out this link.would these work?

http://www.doitbest.com/main.aspx?pageid=64&sku=901695

• 1 month later...

Are these too sparse for a stick tree? There are several in stock at a local Sears and I may jump on them. I obviously would add more lights. I do not like the others in the gold tone. Walmart had some others, but they do not appear to be hinged and come in a very small box.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07177096000P?sid=IDx20070921x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=07177096000P

WHen I got my 6' twig trees in 12/2008 clearance sales ... the target ones had 450 lights on them and the walmart ones had 400 lights on them. I recall holdman saying his had 1000 lights each, so maybe in 2006 or 2007 they had more lights or else he got his somewhere else. I finally realized that you can wrap them with 600 lights or each color (minimum) ... but when I started wrapping them, I was using 900 lights per color and the branches could barely stand the weight ... lol

... but when I started wrapping them, I was using 900 lights per color and the branches could barely stand the weight ... lol

I used fishing line on all the lower branches to the middle of the tree. Works like a charm.

I wonder if anyone if anyone has taken a look at trying this tree out?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Snow-Removal/15054480

Keeping in mind that it is at 50% off right now. Maybe use white wired lights as well. Possibly because since it has the white needles, it might reflect better. So, maybe you might could get away with less lights???

I'm not sure about that one, but would probably work.

I was looking at the 6.5 and 7' white trees they had, and liked the look of the white trees with white lights on them. The needles were rather thin, making then almost a twig tree. I think I saw some for $38, which at 50 or 75% off would be a pretty good deal. They didn't seem to be selling at the current price, which was only like 30% off.

Edited by taybrynn

The only issue I see (besides being a multi color tree) is that it was a real flimsy tree. I picked up a real flimsy tree from a yard sale a few months ago. I think I am going to beef it up at the hinges or possibly add some wire at the trunk and the branch connection...then start wrapping on this one. I don't plan on having a huge amount of these...so this may be fine.

Two things though;

1) I found (for a dollar!) a real short twig tree. Probably about 3ft high. Sure wish I could find a bunch more of those. Have to get a pic of it to post.

2) Would be really cool to come up with some "home made" twig tree. Not sure if it would be worth making one, but just a thought.

2) Would be really cool to come up with some "home made" twig tree. Not sure if it would be worth making one, but just a thought.

I showed my dad several videos of them, and I asked if he has any ideas on how to make them. He said there's a special fitting that he's need (for his idea anyways), but he said he might be able to find it..... :D

WHen I got my 6' twig trees in 12/2008 clearance sales ... the target ones had 450 lights on them and the walmart ones had 400 lights on them. I recall holdman saying his had 1000 lights each, so maybe in 2006 or 2007 they had more lights or else he got his somewhere else. I finally realized that you can wrap them with 600 lights or each color (minimum) ... but when I started wrapping them, I was using 900 lights per color and the branches could barely stand the weight ... lol

Holdman's video says they came from Home Depot. (I watched that video a few too many times lol)

What about this???

All these Christmas Trees are on sale now. Get a 6 or 7footer..., cut off ALL the pine needles, paint it white (or get the one on sale at Walmart now that is white) and go from there! The darn thing would be just like what the other trees would be like.