I am "that guy"

Im starting wrapping outdoor trees October 23...Im counting down the days! I have 12 christmas trees fully assembled in my basement wrapped in lights ready to go out first thing in november. I'm repairing arches and finishing mega tree planning this weekend. I have to get on the ball synching though i only have 3 minutes complete of a 25 minute show!

I've been outside working on building stuff every day since Saturday! All the folks that walk by ask if we are doing the lights again this year, and that they can't wait.

I respond neither can I, so I'm outside working on them right now! :)

Pending the weather, my "Head start" will be using a bunch of the Christmas lights on the house as part of a halloween light show.

I've been outside working on building stuff every day since Saturday! All the folks that walk by ask if we are doing the lights again this year, and that they can't wait.

I respond neither can I, so I'm outside working on them right now! :)

Pending the weather, my "Head start" will be using a bunch of the Christmas lights on the house as part of a halloween light show.

Same with me, I was outside every night last week putting out things for my Halloween Display, as I work during the day, but there were lots of people who slow down to see the progress and what's new. I was outside from 10am till 11pm this past Saturday mowing the grass and putting out all of the other Halloween display items. About 5 different people pulled up to the area of the yard I was in saying they were happy to see me outside working on the display, because they thought I was getting a late start being it was Oct. 9th. I usually start putting things out for Halloween Oct 1st, and don't get it all out till the second week of October anyway, so I am right on schedule and the entire display was fully lit on Sunday!

Now that Halloween is out in the yard, time to finalize the different items that will be in the Christmas display and get ready to put it out starting Nov. 1

I too am "that guy" but I don't feel very far ahead -- we're having windows replaced to take advantage of the government energy rebate -- but I'm pretty sure there is no government plan to cover my loss of 100+ eye hooks that will need to be replaced to put lights back around the windows. I think I'll write my congresswoman.

My husband is "that guy". I've been holding him off over the past couple of weeks because he wants to get out there so badly. It's been unseasonably warm here (Utah) and we still have petunias blooming! I feel silly letting him out there to hang up lights, lol ;) He's planning on starting some indoor projects (wrapping light poles) this weekend. He'll be out on the roof within 2 weeks.

My husband is "that guy". I've been holding him off over the past couple of weeks because he wants to get out there so badly. It's been unseasonably warm here (Utah) and we still have petunias blooming! I feel silly letting him out there to hang up lights, lol ;) He's planning on starting some indoor projects (wrapping light poles) this weekend. He'll be out on the roof within 2 weeks.

Welcome to PC! -- Good plan: wait 'til it's miserable outside - that always helps lift the spirit! ;):D

I was trying to be That Guy. I was up in the garage rafters getting the molds down, and my (almost) 4 year old kept pestering me to come fill up the jack-o-lantern leaf bags to put out in front of the house. Dumb kid thinks Halloween is all exciting. Can't he see I'm much more focused on Christmas?!!! ;)

I was trying to be That Guy. I was up in the garage rafters getting the molds down, and my (almost) 4 year old kept pestering me to come fill up the jack-o-lantern leaf bags to put out in front of the house. Dumb kid thinks Halloween is all exciting. Can't he see I'm much more focused on Christmas?!!! ;)

Ha.. I would probably already have a good start on my xmas display if I hadn't planned on doing a Halloween show last minute. :)