:confused:

So getting ready to make our big purchase for our display this year and have some questions for those people that have already been using the Virtual Santa in their displays in previous years. The window I will have to use it in is a bay style window with the middle window that I will display him in being 44" wide and tall. It is an upstairs window. I would like to be able to utilize the whole window space, but see that the suggestion is that it should not be bigger than 36", just wondering what other people's preference is? Also, if I do make it bigger than 36" if I order 2 sets of Mylar Paper will you notice the split in the paper or will it not matter at night with the projector on? One more question, I have heard people say they just used a white shower curtain instead of the Mylar Paper, is this attached tightly to the window or hung loosely just somewhere in front of it?

Sorry for all the questions, nervous about spending so much on one product, but I love the one that I have seen in another display and want to make it look as good as it can. I appreciate any advice, tips, etc...that you can give me!

THANK YOU!

I use the Virtual Santa in a window that is 44" wide and 36" tall. I used mylar on my window and it looked great! You can NOT see the split in the paper either. I'm going to be showing videos this year too and have experimented using both a shower curtain and a white sheet for the screen. The shower curtain shows the glare from the light of my projector but the sheet does not. If I were going to use anything but Mylar paper for Virtual Santa I would use the sheet. I'm just using a cheap little "torpedo" projector that I bought off ebay on Virutal Santa and it works very well. People thought he was a real person dressed in a Santa Suit!

I use the Virtual Santa in a window that is 44" wide and 36" tall. I used mylar on my window and it looked great! You can NOT see the split in the paper either. I'm going to be showing videos this year too and have experimented using both a shower curtain and a white sheet for the screen. The shower curtain shows the glare from the light of my projector but the sheet does not. If I were going to use anything but Mylar paper for Virtual Santa I would use the sheet. I'm just using a cheap little "torpedo" projector that I bought off ebay on Virutal Santa and it works very well. People thought he was a real person dressed in a Santa Suit!

Thanks for the info...did you just attach the mylar to the window or did you attach it to something and then put it in the window? It seems with the split in my window (where the windown opens and shut) it might be easier to attach the paper to something else first.

We built a pvc frame to fit the inside of the window, and stretched the shower curtain tightly with bungee cords in all directions, clamped the pvc frame into the window so it doesn't move.

Thank you that also sounds like a great idea! Are you using a white shower curtain and do you see any glare using the shower curtain? What size is your window?

I just attached it to the window using scotch tape,overlapping a bit where the pieces of mylar met and covering over the area where the window opens, but I think attaching it to something like painter's plastic might be better and may do that this year. I'll probably use the clear plastic and tape the mylar to it then can just tape the plastic around the window frame. I's sure the shower curtain would work too if you can angle the projector enough to keep the light from shining on it. You can see my Virtual Santa a little bit in this video. http://vimeo.com/8705810

Edited by Twiceshy

I don't know anything about the eyeclops but did a little research and came up with this video on utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn22GLkXmkM

I noticed that it has a resolution of 320X240 and the torpedo projector I used has a resolution of 960 x 240. I like the size of the eyeclops but since I haven't used one before I really don't know how well it would work. From the video I watched on utube I wouldn't be afraid to try it though if the price was right. If you get one retail and don't like the results you should be able to get your money back though.

Jas204, I used a shower curtain. You may have seen it at my display. I bought a greyish non see through shower curtain for 9.99 at target or walmart don't remember. I then just installed over the window and pulled it tight using thumb tacks. If you haven't purchased this yet I have the old style projector that I used the last two years. It fits over a 13 or 14 in TV if your were interested in it I would sell it for 25.00 if you didn't want to buy the more expensive projectors. I did buy one of the more expensive projectors earlier this year so I don't need the old style. If you want to see anything up close shoot me a pm and I am usually home during the day in the afternoon.

Regards,

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

I am wanting to buy the Virtual Santa DVD. My window size is 72 high 46 3/4 wide. Do you know how much of the Mylar Paper I need to order? It comes in as 36" x 48". I emailed the company and this is what they sent to me....

You will not find a bigger sheet. The mylar paper is the right size to look like a normal size person. You blackout or cover the other areas using your curtain, Etc.

Can anyone here help me with this?

Thanks

I am wanting to buy the Virtual Santa DVD. My window size is 72 high 46 3/4 wide. Do you know how much of the Mylar Paper I need to order? It comes in as 36" x 48". I emailed the company and this is what they sent to me....

You will not find a bigger sheet. The mylar paper is the right size to look like a normal size person. You blackout or cover the other areas using your curtain, Etc.

Can anyone here help me with this?

Thanks

I was also given the same info. My window is about 44 inches wide and I may make my Santa the suggested size, but ordered 2 rolls of mylar paper and going to try making it bigger first and see how it looks. Good luck!

Ok now that I have received my Virtual Santa projector (the more expensive one)I need some help for those of you that already have the Virtual Santa. I want to purchase the Santa Symphonies DVD and I want to be able to download the Virtual Santa video and the Symphonies video on to my projector so I can play them in one continuous loops. I contacted Christmaslightshow.com and he told me I would need to rip it off the dvd and convert it to a .avi file that will work with my projector using ripping software then I can hook up my projector to the computer via the usb cable once the files are converted and copy and paste it on to my projector. OK so has anybody done something like this and can anybody please explain to me in really simple terms how I would do this? I am totally overwhelmed by figuring out this whole Virtual Santa thing and this just adds to my confusion.

Also has anybody used a outdoor wireless speaker set and if so what has your experience been with how well that worked?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

WE have two of these in ground speakers. They are omnidirectional and seem to work fine.

One is up close to the house where we have the Lightening storm for Halloween, the other is in a large flower pot in the middle of the yard. They seem to work well.

here is the link for what we have: http://www.outdoorspeakers.net/Omni_Speakers__title0_page_1_c_103.html

Ok now that I have received my Virtual Santa projector (the more expensive one)I need some help for those of you that already have the Virtual Santa. I want to purchase the Santa Symphonies DVD and I want to be able to download the Virtual Santa video and the Symphonies video on to my projector so I can play them in one continuous loops. I contacted Christmaslightshow.com and he told me I would need to rip it off the dvd and convert it to a .avi file that will work with my projector using ripping software then I can hook up my projector to the computer via the usb cable once the files are converted and copy and paste it on to my projector. OK so has anybody done something like this and can anybody please explain to me in really simple terms how I would do this? I am totally overwhelmed by figuring out this whole Virtual Santa thing and this just adds to my confusion.

Jas,

I do not own either the Virtual Santa DVD or the projector that you purchased from Daryl. However I believe that the projector you purchased is actually the Ultra Projector which is sold here.

On their site there is a download section which contains both the video converter tool as well as a basic user manual. It looks like once you convert the Santa Symphonies DVD to avi format you would then hook up your projector to the computer via USB then move the avi file over to the projector (like moving a file into a file folder). The videos will automatically loop and play in the order that they were placed. So if the Virtual Santa is already first in order on the projector, it will play first. If the Santa Symphonies is next then it will play following the Virtual Santa video.

Hope this helps.

Garrison

• 1 year later...

I incorporated my Virtual Santa into my LOR music files so when I use it I am able to play it right thru the FM channel...I created a few different videos to go along wih my virtual Santa as well and when I am not using the video I have a nice christmas video background playing in the window. Its nice because it gives me complete control over the show and lets me incorporate a video in the Show editor wherever I want.

I incorporated my Virtual Santa into my LOR music files so when I use it I am able to play it right thru the FM channel...I created a few different videos to go along wih my virtual Santa as well and when I am not using the video I have a nice christmas video background playing in the window. Its nice because it gives me complete control over the show and lets me incorporate a video in the Show editor wherever I want.

I also added Virtual Santa as a LOR music sequence. That allowed me to set all my lights at 50% intensity and shimmer the lights around the windows he's at so the focus was on Santa. I added a few voiceovers to let parents know that this was the perfect time to get out of the car and take pictures since all the lights were on.

I also sequenced a few Santa Symphonies videos.

Both the Virtual Santa and the Frosty the Snowman Santa Symphony videos can be viewed on my website.Both are short but it's just to get a taste. www.NYChristmasLights.com

• 7 months later...

Seriously? Mylar paper.  That is toooooo expensive.  Go to WalMart and get a 100% polyester shower curtain (White, not tan or creme).  Less than $7.  Cut to fit window and make a little smaller so you can't stretch it tight when it goes on.   Staple on some Velcro squares at each corner and place the sticky kind of Velcro tabs to the window frame.  You must iron curtain to remove wrinkles.

:confused:

So getting ready to make our big purchase for our display this year and have some questions for those people that have already been using the Virtual Santa in their displays in previous years. The window I will have to use it in is a bay style window with the middle window that I will display him in being 44" wide and tall. It is an upstairs window. I would like to be able to utilize the whole window space, but see that the suggestion is that it should not be bigger than 36", just wondering what other people's preference is? Also, if I do make it bigger than 36" if I order 2 sets of Mylar Paper will you notice the split in the paper or will it not matter at night with the projector on? One more question, I have heard people say they just used a white shower curtain instead of the Mylar Paper, is this attached tightly to the window or hung loosely just somewhere in front of it?

Sorry for all the questions, nervous about spending so much on one product, but I love the one that I have seen in another display and want to make it look as good as it can. I appreciate any advice, tips, etc...that you can give me!

THANK YOU!

I too have one in our bay window.  Mine is a single mylar sheet from Christmaslightshow. Take a look at one of our videos, perhaps it will help with yours.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd-3hO_rPoXRxmOOCZSCQIw/videos

Ours has been very popular.  Good luck