Beer Can Chicken in the Winter!

Hey everyone,

Have you ever wanted beer can chicken in the winter? Well listen up.

Get the following ready:

Small whole chicken (thawed)

Oven Bags(select the appropriate size bag for small chicken(yes, there are 2 sizes))

either a beer can chicken rack or a an empty can(vegetable can(empty can of corn))

Beer(darker the better honey beer or honey wine works really well)

and(very important) Webber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning(in the seasoning section of the store)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees,

While heating put the can or the rack with the beer can in it into the Oven bag in at least an 1" deep roasting pan or casserole dish.

Take the chicken(remove the guts(if necessary)) then rinse off the chicken inside and out with cold water. Then dry it using papertowels(be careful to make sure no extra papertowel gets left behind). Then rub in the beer can chicken seasoning into the chicken. Make sure to rub plenty on both the outside of the chicken and then inside the ckicken. Take the beer and pour half into the can. Then carefully place the chick so it looks as if it is standing over the can of beer which is in the oven bag. Close the oven bag over the chicken and the can using the ties provided with the oven bags. Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour. No need to do anything else until it is finished. Check with meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked but otherwise it is very easy and healthy and it always comes out perfect. You can also use honey wine if you like.

You can always try other things(seasonings) with the chicken but I have always found that those oven bags work perfectly everytime. Not only that but cooking your own is a lot more healthy than a store bought one.

Good luck.

I love beer can chicken anytime. I do ours on the BBQ Grill. I rub the interior of the bird with creole seasoning, then generously rub the outside of the bird with Yellow Mustard (Yes, Mustard). Got the recipe from a friend of mine who used to be a chef. Cook on Indirect Heat on the BBQ for 30-40 Mins. Delicious!

I love beer can chicken, and this recipe sounds really great. The last time I fixed it, which was about 3 weeks ago, somebody told me to use cola instead of beer, so I drank the beer and used the cola. lol It turned out great, but really anything you use puts a new twist on the taste of the chicken. It always turns out tender and juicy. Thanks for the recipe.

Bill

I love beer can chicken, and this recipe sounds really great. The last time I fixed it, which was about 3 weeks ago, somebody told me to use cola instead of beer, so I drank the beer and used the cola. lol It turned out great, but really anything you use puts a new twist on the taste of the chicken. It always turns out tender and juicy. Thanks for the recipe.

Bill

Cola sounds interesting. I was told to use a dark beer, to get more hop and barley flavor, but I have had the best luck using Miller Lite or Bud Light (The 2 brands I drink). I'll have to give the soda a try. My Wife loves Orange Soda. Might be interesting, will post results.