Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Kevin Provost

General Foam - Peanuts Blow-Mold Line!

I didn't see a thread on this, but this is some really exciting news for all of us who have been waiting for a complete Peanuts blow-mold line. I wanted to share this in case it wasn't known yet. Says it is coming for the 2011 season. I am really excited about this one!

peanuts.png

They're using Peanuts keychain ornament type figures for the photo, since the prototypes aren't ready yet, so I wouldn't assume this will be the final look.

http://peanuts.com

http://www.genfoam.com/index.cfm

For the sake of my storage situation/budget, I hope this is a hoax.

The Peanuts fan in me, on the other hand, is freaking out...

Thank you, Kev!

The ad Kev posted said products are in development..obviously they have the license, so why not full size blow molds. I am going to keep my fingers (and toes) crossed, this could be very exciting!

Thank you, Kev!

The ad Kev posted said products are in development..obviously they have the license, so why not full size blow molds. I am going to keep my fingers (and toes) crossed, this could be very exciting!

More than welcome, Carrie!

Everyone can calm down about these being ornaments, they're definitely not. I did a little digging and found the clip-on set that is being used as a placeholder on GF's ad. I have never heard of an indoor tree ornament being referred to as a blow-mold, so I didn't think that was possible. Besides, GF doesn't make ornaments, that's what Hallmark is for. :)

Seeing as this is on GF's main page, I don't think it's a rumor. They seem committed to it. I doubt they would abandon it considering that they've laid out goodness knows how much money in licensing fees and new mold fees for this.

It was just as I thought, they needed a temporary placeholder photo until they have the painted blow-molded prototypes ready. As the ad says, "in development" they're only at the design stage right now. I am sure they'll be very fussy over the final look of the characters.

Here is the set they used:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MIB-PEANUTS-MINI-FIGURES-CLIP-SET-CHARLIE-BROWN-/360280898271?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e26a3adf#ht_1498wt_836

screenshot20101022at951.png

hi kev

thanks for the info. i does sound like the are going to make them in a mold size. i wonder what size? large and small size would be nice either way. sounds like a dream come true :) :)

gary

WOW!!!

If this is true then I think it's time for me to start looking for a job..LOL.

This would be awesome to see and see blow molds being manufactured.

Wow. This might be the most exciting thing since the invention of the wheel. I will drive to wherever is selling these. Time to set back a few thousand. lol

I hope this is true too...I would love to have a set.

But I have heard of ornaments being referred to as blow molded ornaments.

Still keeping my fingers crossed.

So have I, Jen. But I don't think GF makes ornaments though do they?

I've also heard of several sites referring to blow mold ornaments.

Amazon.com has several licensed blow mold ornaments like this

http://www.amazon.com/GARFIELD-BLOW-ORNAMENT-ASSORTED-Quantity/dp/B003WC6RW8/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1287928736&sr=1-2

I hope that GF makes the large yard blow molds though.

The link on the General Foam website goes directly to a official Peanuts site, listing out

retailiers, air dates for shows ect. I think this is real, my wish list just got longer!

I've been thinking about this quite a bit. My guess is that they will probably make smaller 'molds, like 12-24" at first and see how demand goes because shipping costs are so high. Alternatively, if they do make larger 'molds (which would be real cool) I suspect they may be on the flatter side, again to save shipping costs. Those Grand Venture Halloween molds that were recently resurrected were among the flattest blow molds I've seen. If done right, the new Peanuts line might be of a similar nature. Of course it would be difficult to represent good ole' Charlie Brown's perfect sphere of a head as anything but a sphere.

Question: which Peanuts characters do you want to see produced? I'm hoping for C. Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock, the other birds, Linus, Lucy, Pigpen, Franklin, Peppermint Pattie, Marcie, and the Christmas tree. It'd be great to see a psychiatrist's stand, a football, Snoopy's house, and a kite offered as accessories, too. Oh, and a muted trombone, too. Ooooh, and maybe the members of the Vince Guaraldi Trio, too!

Since we know they have the Santa's Best molds, most likely the Snoopy will be the same on Santa's Best made. That would stand to reason that the other molds would most likely be on a similar scale.

General foam has made ornaments in the past. These could wind up being anything. We won't know until we see them.

I hope they are full size molds at a decent price.

My wish list would include a christmas line and a halloween line with as many characters as possible.

Trees and the stand I don't care so much about because I like to mix in other stuff with the molds. so those items I would like to build or use inflatables and wireframes and stuff to add to the scene.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38844[/ATTACH]

post-73-129571249184_thumb.jpg

I have sent an inquiry to GF about the exact form of the Peanuts line, I am sure they will let me know on it. I still highly doubt these will be ornaments though.

I will post the info when I hear back.

I didn't see a thread on this, but this is some really exciting news for all of us who have been waiting for a complete Peanuts blow-mold line. I wanted to share this in case it wasn't known yet. Says it is coming for the 2011 season. I am really excited about this one!

peanuts.png

They're using Peanuts keychain ornament type figures for the photo, since the prototypes aren't ready yet, so I wouldn't assume this will be the final look.

http://peanuts.com

http://www.genfoam.com/index.cfm

Kevin, where did you read this news?