Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Kevin Provost

General Foam - Peanuts Blow-Mold Line!

Its only going to be ornaments. GF is trying to expand into the ornament field, like Hallmark.

That is the note I received from GF.

Mark

Its only going to be ornaments. GF is trying to expand into the ornament field, like Hallmark.

That is the note I received from GF.

Mark

That's highly disappointing, but at least my wallet is safe, and I won't have to add a second story to my shed...

so they are going to make blow mold ornaments?? I'll keep my wishs set on yard decorations : )

Well, I called GF out of curiosity..Sorry Kev hope they tell you other wise on what they told me, but the lady I talked to didn't know about it and said they don't have any more info on it. She said to try back in October of next year for information on it. That they don't know if they will be life size or ornaments.

Like Jim said, lets hope that it's yard decorations cause there is already Peanuts ornaments out there. LOL

I would trust Mark on this, he's ordered directly from GF so I'm sure he knows who to talk to about it. Very disappointing news though. If I hear anything further I'll post the info.

I would trust Mark on this, he's ordered directly from GF so I'm sure he knows who to talk to about it. Very disappointing news though. If I hear anything further I'll post the info.

Thanks Kev, I hope we hear better news then what I was told.

Jen my thoughts exactly!! why would GF be excited to make more of what lots of people make?? Do you think the big wigs at GF actually thought "Hey I know what will make us big money, lets make the same peanuts stuff that is at kmart right now!!!" If they are that silly it explains why they arent making a huge comeback!!

Second, those keychains the the peanuts stuff that is out right now are not blowmolds at all. They are solid injected molded figures.. We have most of them because the wife is a big snoopy fan : )

Jim

I think Mark's info is wrong about this one. While GF did produce ornaments years ago, (satin ball ornaments-not plastic ones!) they are in the business of manufacturing traditional blowmolds. What is pictured on the website appears to be key chains... not ornaments! I am sure that graphic was provided to them. Why use the term "blowmolds" if you really mean ornaments .... especially when you sell actual blowmolds which you call......blowmolds!! That doesn't make sense. Since they are just in development, perhaps the "salesman" doesn't really know what the product line is going to be. I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of the actual email response. I only hope they make Halloween versions too!

Anyone else notice that on their site they have a graphic that includes the Mr./Mrs. Clause?

Yes, well I debunked that photo as you can see at the beginning of the thread, it's just a stock placeholder picture of an already existing keychain set. I found the actual set on eBay. There is no way that that is what they're making since it's already made. I agree that it makes no sense at all that they would call an ornament line blow-molds. It just doesn't. If they were going to make ornaments, I'm pretty positive they would say ornaments. GF only uses the blow-mold term for exactly that- blow-molds.

After really thinking about it I'm still personally sticking to the conclusion that they will be making an actual blow-mold Peanuts line.

Could any of us imagine the popularity of peanuts music that LOR users would sinc if they had a complete peanut gang in blowmold form?? And to have Linus speak .. and actually light up a Linus blowmold?? There is no way GF could keep up with the demands for the first few years. If they have the license to make them, and they dont, they are foolish grinchs lol

Jim

I am only going by what my source is stating. I think everyone needs to relax, and wait until next year. If I hear anything else, I will post it here. Right now, it looks like they will be the promo size 18" size blow molds.

Mark

Well, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping our dreams come true! Put me down for one of everything!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39022[/ATTACH]

Mark cool!! 18 inch is better than an ornament lol : )

Not as good as the 24-36" that would be even better, but certainly better than ornaments. (I'm not a big fan of blow-molded ornaments, much prefer the resin type).

The upside of the smaller size is that they'd be cheaper and easier to store. I'd probably build some sort of elevated platform to display them on to keep them up out of the snow and make them more visible...

Not as good as the 24-36" that would be even better, but certainly better than ornaments. (I'm not a big fan of blow-molded ornaments, much prefer the resin type).

The upside of the smaller size is that they'd be cheaper and easier to store. I'd probably build some sort of elevated platform to display them on to keep them up out of the snow and make them more visible...

Those are better, but like said it's better then an ornament.

I'm static but would still be ecstatic about an entire family of Peanuts 'molds. I hope this pans out, or I shall haz another sad.

Could any of us imagine the popularity of peanuts music that LOR users would sinc if they had a complete peanut gang in blowmold form?? And to have Linus speak .. and actually light up a Linus blowmold?? There is no way GF could keep up with the demands for the first few years. If they have the license to make them, and they dont, they are foolish grinchs lol

Jim

OK, so has anyone heard anything else about this? I want to do the whole Gospel Story with LOR using these blowmolds. Would be awesome!

thought i would share that I saw 2 of the Snoopy's at Kmart last night and they were marked down to $37 but the other molds were not marked down. any have any idea why?