General Foam - Peanuts Blow-Mold Line!

Kevin Provost

Well, I called GF out of curiosity..Sorry Kev hope they tell you other wise on what they told me, but the lady I talked to didn't know about it and said they don't have any more info on it. She said to try back in October of next year for information on it. That they don't know if they will be life size or ornaments.

Like Jim said, lets hope that it's yard decorations cause there is already Peanuts ornaments out there. LOL

Jen my thoughts exactly!! why would GF be excited to make more of what lots of people make?? Do you think the big wigs at GF actually thought "Hey I know what will make us big money, lets make the same peanuts stuff that is at kmart right now!!!" If they are that silly it explains why they arent making a huge comeback!!

Second, those keychains the the peanuts stuff that is out right now are not blowmolds at all. They are solid injected molded figures.. We have most of them because the wife is a big snoopy fan : )

Jim

I think Mark's info is wrong about this one. While GF did produce ornaments years ago, (satin ball ornaments-not plastic ones!) they are in the business of manufacturing traditional blowmolds. What is pictured on the website appears to be key chains... not ornaments! I am sure that graphic was provided to them. Why use the term "blowmolds" if you really mean ornaments .... especially when you sell actual blowmolds which you call......blowmolds!! That doesn't make sense. Since they are just in development, perhaps the "salesman" doesn't really know what the product line is going to be. I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of the actual email response. I only hope they make Halloween versions too!

Anyone else notice that on their site they have a graphic that includes the Mr./Mrs. Clause?

Yes, well I debunked that photo as you can see at the beginning of the thread, it's just a stock placeholder picture of an already existing keychain set. I found the actual set on eBay. There is no way that that is what they're making since it's already made. I agree that it makes no sense at all that they would call an ornament line blow-molds. It just doesn't. If they were going to make ornaments, I'm pretty positive they would say ornaments. GF only uses the blow-mold term for exactly that- blow-molds.

After really thinking about it I'm still personally sticking to the conclusion that they will be making an actual blow-mold Peanuts line.

Could any of us imagine the popularity of peanuts music that LOR users would sinc if they had a complete peanut gang in blowmold form?? And to have Linus speak .. and actually light up a Linus blowmold?? There is no way GF could keep up with the demands for the first few years. If they have the license to make them, and they dont, they are foolish grinchs lol

Jim

Mark cool!! 18 inch is better than an ornament lol : )

Not as good as the 24-36" that would be even better, but certainly better than ornaments. (I'm not a big fan of blow-molded ornaments, much prefer the resin type).

The upside of the smaller size is that they'd be cheaper and easier to store. I'd probably build some sort of elevated platform to display them on to keep them up out of the snow and make them more visible...

Not as good as the 24-36" that would be even better, but certainly better than ornaments. (I'm not a big fan of blow-molded ornaments, much prefer the resin type).

The upside of the smaller size is that they'd be cheaper and easier to store. I'd probably build some sort of elevated platform to display them on to keep them up out of the snow and make them more visible...

Those are better, but like said it's better then an ornament.

I'm static but would still be ecstatic about an entire family of Peanuts 'molds. I hope this pans out, or I shall haz another sad.

Could any of us imagine the popularity of peanuts music that LOR users would sinc if they had a complete peanut gang in blowmold form?? And to have Linus speak .. and actually light up a Linus blowmold?? There is no way GF could keep up with the demands for the first few years. If they have the license to make them, and they dont, they are foolish grinchs lol

Jim

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...