LEDs for 2011 Possible early sale!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha.. ;) Well thats why we are letting it go all the way to Dec.. Heck I am not sure what I am fully doing this year yet for some of the stuff I am working on, but the prices are out there now so people can begin thinking about. I know there will be a few who already have numbers hahaha...

Ryan

Tim, I think The plan is to make the product available to a few individuals within the next few weeks so that it can be put through the wringer prior to ordering to avoid the problems experienced in the past. Side by side comparisons can also be made with CDI and Led Lighting's products answering quality concerns prior to any monetary committal by the PC community. I Think this is being well thought out.

If you need a tester, I could help. I had to cancel my show for this year due to construction at the house, so there is time to spare.

I have not sent the samples out as the ones that I have ordered for a few members to test out here are still in China. The factory should ship them anyday now. Once some people get their hands on them I am sure they will test them out and give y'all all the details good or bad tehehehe.... Hopefully all good... I will have some pictures up in the next few days of the lights used on a large scale local project I am doing (in bushes, trees, garland, etc) and after Thanksgiving should have some photos/video of them in a local LOR project I am working on as well.

Ryan Gardner

Quick update y'all. I finally got some c6 Strawberry stringers from the factory and since they test out and I think they are what I am going to use in my displays I think I am going to add this to the buy. I don't have a price list, but I would imagine it would be only slightly more than the M5 Ice.... they feature all the same qualities as the M5 just with the C6 cap.... In other news I am still actively seeking a good DIMMABLE C7/ C9 retrofit bulb. If I can find a factory close to the stringer one we will add those to the list as well. Today I found a good factory on Plugs, C7/ C9 stringers, and zip cord. If I can get the ball rolling on that we maybe able to add that as well.... All that being said. If you are waiting on pricing for one of these items, but already have an indea of what we are currently listing feel free to fill out as much as you know now and submitt another order once I add product and prices.

Ryan Gardner

Hey y'all... C6 prices will be up tomorrow. I also have another question... What method of payment is ideal... I am currently thinking a check maybe the most ideal as a credit card would come with a 3% charge on the transaction... But I am just curious if most would be willing to do a check or should I just have a credit card/ pay pal type thing?

Ryan Gardner

Hey y'all... C6 prices will be up tomorrow. I also have another question... What method of payment is ideal... I am currently thinking a check maybe the most ideal as a credit card would come with a 3% charge on the transaction... But I am just curious if most would be willing to do a check or should I just have a credit card/ pay pal type thing?

Ryan Gardner

I wouldn't have a problem with a check but keep in mind, for many folks, it's a lot easier to pull the trigger on a credit card purchase than one that requires cash on hand. I know I have purchased things by cc in the past that I wouldn't normally have bought, rationalizing that the funds will be there once the statement arrives.

From the sounds of it offering multiple methods of payment is the way to go. I myself figured that CC would be the common want. I agree it offers a level of protection and also allows for more flexible buying. As for shipping to Canada I don't see it being a huge issuse. THe only way that I think it would get really costly is if you had a large order that went by freights vs by a fedex type deal.

Ryan Gardner

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so now that most of us have our displays up (and hopefully staying up with some of the storms ripping across the country) I hope to see more people start thinking about any LED upgrades for 2011. So far we are filling up decently well.

As an added bonus.... anyone who completes the online survey by Dec 15th and then goes through with their order will lock in wholesale pricing the rest of 2011 as long as the items they need are in stock! While of course any PC member will be able to purchase a discount off retail all 2011 members who "early bird" it will get to enjoy wholesale prices that we are offering to companies that buy half a container or more. Of course keep in mind the current Group buy for PC is by far the best price all year.

On a side note I ran some samples through an outdoor public LOR display this weekend and they worked fine... I know a few people had to wonder why there were bundles of Multi and cool white LEDs flashing all crazy next to the LOR box(the display uses warm white, green, and red) but I wanted to test them in a real world setting. Those samples have since been sent to a few members who will now get to do the same with them.

I am still working on finding a dimmable retrofit series. While I have tested some I want to get a price that is at or near the no dimmable ones as it is all we will carry.

Welp Happy Lighting...

Ryan Gardner

C6 pricing goes live tomorrow! The C6 are from the same factory and were tested over the weekend in a public display and all worked out fine. They will actually be used in the Display until Jan 2nd and I will try and get a video at some point (the M5s will be out as well but static all season as there was no place to put them in the LOR show). The prices for them will be any where from 15cents to 40cents more depending on which set you are looking at. Having said that after using both this year I perfer the C6 as it seems to put out more light even though it is the same base. In other words the strawberry top offers better optics. of course each of us have a specific look we maybe trying to achive or are matching from prior buys. Anyways thats the update for today.

Ryan Gardner