Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
SAchristmasLIGHTS

LEDs for 2011 Possible early sale!

Hey y'all,

As you may or may not know I talked about getting a large shipment from China for this fall. However, due to time frame the cost were not enought to perk enough intrest here. Not to mention getting the product a week before Thanksgiving just would not leave us anough time to put it up.... Unless you like me and don't sleep that week! =) Well, after spending the last few months looking at more factories getting and testing more samples I have found lights that may help us out for 2011. So I am asking this question now. Before I get more into the logistic of getting a container here how many people are intrested in a 2011 Pre-sale. The way I see it working I would take Intrest orders in Dec with firm prices. Then in Jan I would we would start the sale and ask the intrested parties to put 50% down at that time. The shipment would come in in late spring early summer 2011. Once in we would ship to you once you pay the remaining 50%. Keep in mind this will be done all through a Commercial Fireworks company called Magic in The Sky so it is all on the up and up. We would be setting up a seperate website for the sale.

The Stringers we are looking at are all UL listed, dimmable, sealed, and polybaged. The counts are 100, 70, and 50. At this point I dont feel there is enough intrest in C7 and C9 retrofits on a large scale to get enough to get a container. I have sampled and priced may out so if you are intrested please post.

So trying this again please post you POSSIBLE intrest and number in a 2011 order.

Further more if there is enough intrest I will try and order stock items that are popular and keep a low low price for PC members in case Jan does not have funds for you to buy.

Thanks everybody hopefully we can do this!

Ryan Gardner

Very Interested. Depending on cost of course, preference of 70 count strings.

Edited by Bill V

Any idea of what types you are planning to bring in??

M5/6, C6, MM5 .....??????

Do they manufacture or carry 35 ct stringers.

A little more info may help in generating interest.

Sorry. They are M5/6 or the standard MINI look for those who don't know the terms. The prices should be inline with other presales that have happened here. I found some that I could sell even cheaper from some factories, but oh my my they are aweful... One was so shimmery that one would think it was hooked up to a LOR channel on shimmer hehehe :) I supose if anyone was looking for mini strobes then they would be great... Keep the questions coming for what details you need or want to know... I am working on getting some video of them on LOR and for colors to show off.

Ryan Gardner

Terry right now we are looking at only green... if you are looking for a decent number of white wire I am sure something could be done...

As a general update I should have pricing sometime tomorrow evening. We will let the prices and the idea simmer for a few weeks and then set up a prelim order site in which you would be able to "place an order" of what you would want... it would not require a down payment it would just be so we can ensure we get the container filled.... once that happens we would turn the site to and offical order site and require people to order and put money down by some date likely in Jan 2011.

Ryan Gardner

A few questions:

1) Would the bulbs be removable?

2) Do the bulbs use copper or steel for contact?

3) Are they dimmable?

4) Are you getting a sample of what would be in the buy to check quality and verify the questions above?

I would be interested - you mentioned 100 & 70 counts - do you have lengths on the 100 & 70 counts? Also, price and colors would depend on quantity and dimming as well.

Jack

A few questions:

1) Would the bulbs be removable?

2) Do the bulbs use copper or steel for contact?

3) Are they dimmable?

4) Are you getting a sample of what would be in the buy to check quality and verify the questions above?

I'd need to know that samples of these (in every color available) have been tested for dimming over long periods of time before committing to them. Don't want to repeat the fiasco of a few years back :)

If these are similar quality lights to what is being sold on the other pre-sales, I'd be interested.

Tim, I think The plan is to make the product available to a few individuals within the next few weeks so that it can be put through the wringer prior to ordering to avoid the problems experienced in the past. Side by side comparisons can also be made with CDI and Led Lighting's products answering quality concerns prior to any monetary committal by the PC community. I Think this is being well thought out.

Great to hear there is going to be testing going on. Must be weather tested also.

Even with the problem strings in 08. I had 8 strings of each color. red, green, blue, warm white that did not miss a beat, but they were on our inside tree.

I am interested.

Alright y'all here it is the group buy survey site! This site has most the info you will need if there are any further questions PM me or email me... KEEP IN MIND THIS IS TO GAGE INTREST! So if you feel you are intrested please feel free to fill out an "Order Survey" also you will notice a COMMENTS section... This is for if you are intrested in say C7 retro fits or perfer white wire, etc etc...

http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting/ follow the link and fill it out!

Thanks,

Ryan Gardner

I'm definitely interested but not ready to put down even hypothetical numbers yet. Unless you want me to literally just pull random numbers from my butt ;)