Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Guest Blowmold Magic

My almost scary Halloween!

Guest A.F.NUT

Very nice, Tom! I really like your "Boo" on the roof. A family here does that every year too, always looks great!

Thanks, they add a nice little movement to the display.

Guest A.F.NUT

Looks so good it's almost scary!

I like it a lot....love the bears.

Thanks Jen, the teddies are my favorite addition this year!

Guest A.F.NUT

Personally, I dig the lawn jockey!! ;)

Thanks me too! Had to go to Ohio to get him, I call him Seymore LOL

Guest A.F.NUT

Love the pumpkin patch!!! I also cant get enough of the orange guys :)

You know I had not realized I accuried so many this summer. I started to panick when I was displaying them, but they all fit, always room for one more right? LOL

Guest A.F.NUT

Looks awesome Tom very nice work Happy Halloween.

Thanks Chris and you too Tyler!

Guest A.F.NUT

OFF TOPIC I have a blow molded lawn jockey..BACK ON TOPIC :)

Ok you can't say that without a pic!!!

Guest A.F.NUT

Looks Great Tom!!

I like the BOO on the roof too.

The vulture in the tree is cool!

And of course I love the bears & Lollies!

Thanks Pep, I felt the vulture was safer up there too! Gotta utilze all the space! My original plan was a Boo in the center with the bats on each end then I decided to put the Gargs up there and like the Boo so much I picked up a few more, and the best part is they are not visible during the day! And thanks I can never have enough bears and lollies!

Guest A.F.NUT

"I try to focus on the 'happy' part of it, nothing gory or scary, no cemetary just a bunch of goofy smiling molds trying to act as scary as they can."

Now thats the direction I was wanting to take in my halloween display. Yours looks great. Love it!

Thank you! I always admire those that do the scary stuff, but it's just not me. The kids love it and that's what Halloween is about.

Guest A.F.NUT

Very good looking display...looks like a lot of fun and I bet the kids will enjoy it

I had a lot of fun putting it together. And so far they seem to be, lots of picture takers this year and always a car full of kids.

Guest A.F.NUT

my thinking exactly. nothing too scary just some good ole fun halloween stuff!! Of course you did a GREAT job and all the custom molds look perfect!! Oh and as ive said befor. Nice grass!!! : )

Jim

That's what it's all about good ole fun! Thank you. The grass is not at it's best we had the worst driught in years this summer. No matter how much the sprinklers ran it still stressed and you probably noticed the side lawn where Linus is, I think I lost most of it, the water just runs off the bank, next years project!

Very well done display. I like your gargoyle on the roof. That must have been fun getting it up there.

I also like your walkway with the lollipops and candy corn.

Guest A.F.NUT

Matt your display is absolutely fantastic!!!! I love all the candy corn, lollies, and "happy" ghosts! All the pumpkins and dressed up bears are so cute!! Love it!! I just got my camera emptied, so I hope to post my very small display soon! My son just loved your display, he wants to go trick or treating at your house! LOL I told him it's too far away! :)

Thanks so much Lori, I had a hard time getting a hold of the candy corn this year. I went back and fourth on a few ideas for them but that's what I came up with. Too bad your so far away, sad part is I get just a few trick or treaters. Post your pics soon you always do such a nice job!

Guest A.F.NUT

Very well done display. I like your gargoyle on the roof. That must have been fun getting it up there.

I also like your walkway with the lollipops and candy corn.

Thank you, luckily being a ranch it's not too high and not at all steep. That's about as high up as I go. They went up there very easily. And my love of the real candy corn the blowmolds are a must, nothing says Halloween like candy corn! I had planned on lining the drive with them. But needed a place for the ghosts that were supposed to go on the fence posts but didn't since I got too many pumpkins over there.

Guest A.F.NUT

Holy crap matt.....finally i've been waiting all month to see your display pics!......AND IT AWESOME.......now to see it in person!

p.s. i see some of my ideas.....LOL....just kidding.

Thanks, I never thought I would get a minute to take the pics! Your ideas my ideas here we go again, LOL I guess a few of us have a trio of repainted goblins, wonder who started that? LOL

Thank you! I always admire those that do the scary stuff, but it's just not me. The kids love it and that's what Halloween is about.

Yeah I like the scary too but need to keep it kid friendly.My granddaughter used to scream when her older brother would put on a mask & she knew it was him.I can about imagine if I tried scary for the display LOL

I'm so glad she is not afraid anymore.

Thanks Pep, I felt the vulture was safer up there too! Gotta utilze all the space! My original plan was a Boo in the center with the bats on each end then I decided to put the Gargs up there and like the Boo so much I picked up a few more, and the best part is they are not visible during the day! And thanks I can never have enough bears and lollies!

The vulture belongs in the tree.So much cooler the way you did it.

I think the BOOs look better that way too.

I want more bears WAAAAA.Working on getting 2 lollies.I talked with the guy I'm gonna do a repaint for & told him I want 2 of his LOL.

Guest A.F.NUT

Yeah I like the scary too but need to keep it kid friendly.My granddaughter used to scream when her older brother would put on a mask & she knew it was him.I can about imagine if I tried scary for the display LOL

I'm so glad she is not afraid anymore.

The vulture belongs in the tree.So much cooler the way you did it.

I think the BOOs look better that way too.

I want more bears WAAAAA.Working on getting 2 lollies.I talked with the guy I'm gonna do a repaint for & told him I want 2 of his LOL.

It's just more fun this way. I want people to smile when they go by, or shake their head at the crazy person putting plastic everywhere! I am glad your getting some lollies and I can't wait to see your custom bears!

Guest A.F.NUT

I really do, I will dig him out of storage and get you a picture! :)

I had no idea there was a blowmolded version! Can't wait for the pic.

It's just more fun this way. I want people to smile when they go by, or shake their head at the crazy person putting plastic everywhere! I am glad your getting some lollies and I can't wait to see your custom bears!

Yeah I want the smiles too.Hubby learned his lesson years ago when he scared a kid with a fake snake in the road.It was meant for the adults but the kid came across it 1st.

The lollies are not a sure thing yet.I might have to do a lil more sweet talking.I will go with some ammo though LOL! I will bring him a halloween snake & candy cane halloweenie colored to seal the deal.Hope it works LOL

Guest A.F.NUT

WHOOOAAA!! GREAT JOB! THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I love the Setup at the front door!

Thank you so much Noah! To me the front door is the most important of the display so I spend a little more time there. I hope you post your pics soon, you should have a great display this year too with your new additions.

Looks great really love the display makes me want to pull down some molds to add to my inflatables, as once again I ran out of time and didn't get any molds up except for Bela

I've never been into blow molds but after seeing your display and a few other PC members displays in person, I'm seriously considering a few. They really do make a difference! Very nicely done!

VERY NICE!!! I always love seeing what you turn out every holiday, your displays always look so beautiful and so well thought out! :)