Hello all, iam new here been looking at this site for a little over a year. I decided to up grade my power supply for my lights (12,000) I want to get rid of runnung cords out of ever socket i have, i decided to put 2 50 amp plugs on the back of the house and use spider boxes. ( got the idea from someone on here last year). My question is iam looking for 6/4 or 6/3+8/1 wire about the cheapest i can find is 2.70 a foot. when i need about 150 ft

that adds up. Any one seen this any cheaper? thanks for the help.

Check your local supply houses. They usually will be cheaper on the bigger wire then home depot and lowes. I was just looking at my company is selling it for here and it's about 80 cents cheaper. You also have to consider that wire fluctuates daily like gas does. So what you pay today and say is expensive could be rock bottom in 2 weeks.

I did the following setup on the outside of my house last year using 50A RV cable...

IMGP8011.JPG

I got the cable on eBay, it had a plug on one end, bare wire on the other. I think the longest I saw was around 50 feet, just search for '50A RV'. It seems to be more expensive this year than it was last year... I got 36 feet for around $70 shipped each, around $2 a foot. The plug itself is worth $10-15...