Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Guest Blowmold Magic

WWent to Bronners...

Guest A.F.NUT

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that place!! We went there a couple of years ago and I still think about it often! I bought my shephed and sheep from there.. VERY nice people!! I think we were in the store for about 4 hours. There is a small theater there also that shows the history of Bronners.. 361 days a year of Christmas joy!!! Thanks for stirring up my memories!!!

Jim

Your welcome! I have to say they were the nicest people went out of their way to help you in any way they could!

Guest A.F.NUT

zenders i think it is.. the chicken place?? we ate there when we went to bronners. excellent!!

EDIT: Zehnders...

Yes Mike that's it. And yes it's great. I had to try it to see since that's about all I eat and yes it is excellent.

Guest A.F.NUT

Great pictures....I'm sure it was hard to leave after seeing so many beautiful displays. It's good to know that there's a Christmas place that has survived the times and looks like it is going strong. Way to go! Thanks for sharing!

I can see them being there forever they really know how to do it and their prices are very competitive.

Guest A.F.NUT

Oh, the memories... and look at all the blowmolds!

I haven't been to Bronner's since July of 2006. My plan is to make it back there next year, if at all possible. Only trouble is, it's never the same store twice!

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome! I thought that was in your neck of the woods.

I did go nuts more so than usual LOL Every thing is perfectly in it's place lots of details gave me lots of ideas some of which I am going to try and hurry up and do for this year. The carolers are fiberglass figures, those were what I was looking into buying but they didn't have those ones. I did go through the book of the commercial light sculptures almost bought a few but I hate to push my luck with the decorating the townships poles. I bought a bunch of stuff a reproduction color wheel for my new old aluminum tree a bunch of blown glass ornaments some Easter lights, really cute Novelty lights of tools, for one of my projects, they were nice enough to take em right off their tree. And my first LED's! actually they are bow sculptures I have been wanting them for my fence posts finally found the right ones red frame red wire and red lights. And some other odds and ends.

Well with everything just so in there that was right up your alley LOL

Those carolers are awesome.Sorry they were out & you couldn't get some.We both have the same taste LOL!

You don't want the town PO PO after you for decorating the poles.

Boy I remember the color wheels.My mom had 1 too when we were kids.Too bad I didn't think then to confiscate the tree & wheel.If I ever come across 1 for cheap I will get it too.

I saw the tool lights before.I thought they were cute too for a boy or man.

Can't wait to see your LED bow.

hi tom

thanks for the photos, i still would of been there i would of gotten lost lol lol :). because i know if i would of left there i would been broke.

gary

Sadly they are not close enough to me! It is worth the trip, hope you make it someday!

I would like to go some day. I'm sure I will go one day in time......I hope

Guest Judd_Peiffer

I did go nuts more so than usual LOL Every thing is perfectly in it's place lots of details gave me lots of ideas some of which I am going to try and hurry up and do for this year. The carolers are fiberglass figures, those were what I was looking into buying but they didn't have those ones. I did go through the book of the commercial light sculptures almost bought a few but I hate to push my luck with the decorating the townships poles. I bought a bunch of stuff a reproduction color wheel for my new old aluminum tree a bunch of blown glass ornaments some Easter lights, really cute Novelty lights of tools, for one of my projects, they were nice enough to take em right off their tree. And my first LED's! actually they are bow sculptures I have been wanting them for my fence posts finally found the right ones red frame red wire and red lights. And some other odds and ends.

DUDE.....YOU BOUGHT LED WIREFRAMES AND YOU DIDN'T CALL ME.....HELLO....LOL....I COULD REALLY USE SOME OF THOSE TOO!...........ok i'm done now

Thanks for sharing your pictures Tom. I'm planning on making the trip around Thanksgiving.

Your pictures have me wanting to spend way too much money. lol

Do they sell the items that are outside? Are the reindeer that are outside and flying inside fiberglass and do they sell them?

Guest A.F.NUT

DUDE.....YOU BOUGHT LED WIREFRAMES AND YOU DIDN'T CALL ME.....HELLO....LOL....I COULD REALLY USE SOME OF THOSE TOO!...........ok i'm done now

I am sorry, I had a hard enough time thinking for myself of what I needed.

Guest A.F.NUT

Thanks for sharing your pictures Tom. I'm planning on making the trip around Thanksgiving.

Your pictures have me wanting to spend way too much money. lol

Do they sell the items that are outside? Are the reindeer that are outside and flying inside fiberglass and do they sell them?

You are going to have a blast! I was sure to take the gold card LOL The reindeer inside and out are fiberglass. I am not sure if they are for sale I didn't ask, after seeing how big they are I figured way out of my price range and entirely too big for a home display. I know at one time they did sell them I was looking for the small choir kids that are similar to the ones Beco made, that are on Mels CD but they didn't have them.

An 18 foot Santa and 15 foot Snowman and this float was just hangin there and I liked it. Hope you enjoyed the pics. If you have never been there it's worth the trip. If your a Christmas freak like me you will enjoy yourself it's a fun place that makes you smile and just feel good. I could have stayed there for a week. Also visited the cute little town of Frankenmuth which was just as nice, but not as good as Bronners!

It took me a while to figure out where I'd seen that snowman before, and then realized one used to sit outside my bedroom window! :P This is the only good picture of my neigbor's that I have, I just quickly scanned it out of the Chicago decoration book. As you can see, his is missing a the scarf and the pipe, but you can see the hole where it's supposed to go. Vandals have stolen most of those parts from it and others have been removed so that they also didn't get stolen. I also believe that the holly leaf isn't on his hat either, I'm pretty sure it came off the last year he had it up. Good to know that there's another one out there that's complete, if I ever go there, I'll see if I can ask to somehow see those parts to figure out how to make new ones. Thanks for sharing!

Guest A.F.NUT

It took me a while to figure out where I'd seen that snowman before, and then realized one used to sit outside my bedroom window! :P This is the only good picture of my neigbor's that I have, I just quickly scanned it out of the Chicago decoration book. As you can see, his is missing a the scarf and the pipe, but you can see the hole where it's supposed to go. Vandals have stolen most of those parts from it and others have been removed so that they also didn't get stolen. I also believe that the holly leaf isn't on his hat either, I'm pretty sure it came off the last year he had it up. Good to know that there's another one out there that's complete, if I ever go there, I'll see if I can ask to somehow see those parts to figure out how to make new ones. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharring the pic! I bet it's neat to see that in a home owners display. I imagine it came from Bronners, I know at one point they sold a lot of them. I think they still may?

It takes him five trips with a pickup to transport the whole thing, and it definatley is a traffic stopper, you're right! They sold them there??? Theirs originally was in the lobby of the Binks Manufactuing company in Franklin Park here in Illinois. The problem is that... he broke it. If I remember correctly, he dropped one of the pieces of the bottom ball off his forklift when he was storing it a few years ago and I haven't seen it since. They never got around to repairing it. I actually have been wanting to see the damage and asked his wife today when I talked to her about the picture you posted, and she said said I just have to tell him I'm going to see him one time while I'm over at where he stores it and just start walk back there. lol So... does anyone know how to glue styrofoam back together??? :P

After some poking around on Bronner's website, I have come to the conclusion that... THEY STILL MAKE HIM!!! :D Except it's a 15 foot fiberglass version, not an 18' styrofoam one. So he MUST'VE come from Bronners! This is great news! Thanks for mentioning that they sold them, otherwise I would've never thought to look there for them! :D I wonder if they could still make/have the parts that his is missing or are broken. I'll bet an email or call wouldn't hurt. I can't wait to tell them about this! :)

And in case anyone was wondering, here's the page for them: http://www.bronnerscommercial.com/15footsnowman.html

Guest A.F.NUT

After some poking around on Bronner's website, I have come to the conclusion that... THEY STILL MAKE HIM!!! :D Except it's a 15 foot fiberglass version, not an 18' styrofoam one. So he MUST'VE come from Bronners! This is great news! Thanks for mentioning that they sold them, otherwise I would've never thought to look there for them! :D I wonder if they could still make/have the parts that his is missing or are broken. I'll bet an email or call wouldn't hurt. I can't wait to tell them about this! :)

And in case anyone was wondering, here's the page for them: http://www.bronnerscommercial.com/15footsnowman.html

I didn't realize your neighbors was styro, yes they are all fiberglass now, they had a ton of other figures also. I have their phone number on hand if you want it. Give them a call they will take care of you, they are very helpful and nice to deal with!

Guest A.F.NUT

Wow! Where was this? i want to go! I like the Delux Nativity and the large wispering santa!

Hey Noah, this is in Frankenmuth Michigan. You definately need to make the trip someday it's just amazing!

Hi! I'm new here and was just wondering how much they were selling the pieces of the nativity set previously manufactured by Santa's Best for, if anybody knows. I couldn't find it on the website.Thanks!

Guest A.F.NUT

Hi! I'm new here and was just wondering how much they were selling the pieces of the nativity set previously manufactured by Santa's Best for, if anybody knows. I couldn't find it on the website.Thanks!

I didn't check, since I havd the set, I know I remember thinking all their molds were on the higher end of prices.

I didn't check, since I havd the set, I know I remember thinking all their molds were on the higher end of prices.

Thanks! I was just wondering because I am converting (slowly but steadily) my current nativity (the most common one made by General Foam) to the original Santa's Best set. So far, I have the holy family, which I found at Goodwill for about $10, and the wisemen, which I bought on eBay new in their box for $225, so I just wanted to know if I added the prices of the General Foam versions of those pieces, I could figure out if I am in the right price range ( around $235 for the holy family and wisemen.) If anybody can give their input on how reasonable this price is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Guest A.F.NUT

Thanks! I was just wondering because I am converting (slowly but steadily) my current nativity (the most common one made by General Foam) to the original Santa's Best set. So far, I have the holy family, which I found at Goodwill for about $10, and the wisemen, which I bought on eBay new in their box for $225, so I just wanted to know if I added the prices of the General Foam versions of those pieces, I could figure out if I am in the right price range ( around $235 for the holy family and wisemen.) If anybody can give their input on how reasonable this price is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

That price is not bad, and from seeing the way the paint was up close. I would recomend being patient and finishing your set with Santas Best rather than the GF remakes.

That price is not bad, and from seeing the way the paint was up close. I would recomend being patient and finishing your set with Santas Best rather than the GF remakes.

I know GF doesn't pay much attention to detail, and I am very particular as to the manufacterer of my molds, so that was what I intended to do anyway. Thank you for your input!