Target's really pushing the LEDs.

I was at my local Target last night, and found the light selection to be dissapointing.

It's almost entirely LED.

The incandescent section:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39114[/ATTACH]

A pitiful selection. The blue boxes are Target brand minis. They raised the price for sets of 100 to 2.48. There are no solid color 100 sets, only 50s. And there's no solid green whatsoever. The white boxes are overprices Philips minis, again, not very many.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39115[/ATTACH]

The rest of the incandescent section is icicles, (actually a fair amount) and specialty lights. There's LEDs interspersed amongst the incandescents as well.

The LED section:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39116[/ATTACH]

Tons of LEDs. Expensive LEDs. LEDs I'm not going to buy.

post-8235-129571251672_thumb.jpg

post-8235-12957125168_thumb.jpg

post-8235-129571251688_thumb.jpg

Makes me wonder how much longer they are even going to be selling incand. lights? At least retail to the public... I like LED's to a point, but other than the mini size ones (and similar) the retail LED's are pretty dissapointing if you are looking for brightness. Colors are great, durability, well it's all in the brand and even a "good" brand has bad lots. Then there's the price... Unless you are buying them up at 75% off it's out of the relm of possibility for most of us to buy enough LED's to do an entire display! I know some do it, and with even more expensive sets they find online... But I don't have a dumptruck load of money here... Incands are (or were) very affordable for EVERYONE to have a bright holiday! Now it's becoming only available to those with a generous amount of expendable income.

I'll consider LEDs to be "reasonably priced" when I can get a string of 100 for less than twice the current price of incandescents. Then I'll start switching over. I simply refuse to pay 4 to 5 times as much for the same number of lights. Perhaps if I had plenty of disposable income I'd buy LEDs, but as a 16-year-old working part time at a TV studio I simply can't afford it.

LED store prices are more or less the same as always as far as Target and Lowes are concerned. Just checked some of my price stickers from the cases and they are essentially the same or no more than 50 cents higher. Home Depot is up from last year, but they also have a different brand this year.

Will Sanders

I'll consider LEDs to be "reasonably priced" when I can get a string of 100 for less than twice the current price of incandescents. Then I'll start switching over. I simply refuse to pay 4 to 5 times as much for the same number of lights. Perhaps if I had plenty of disposable income I'd buy LEDs, but as a 16-year-old working part time at a TV studio I simply can't afford it.

I hear ya. Since I'm just starting to build my display, I want to go LED because: A) they draw less power, so I can get more lights up. B) they are significantly more electric bill friendly!! Otherwise, I totally understand not wanting to pay so much more for a string of lights.

personally I would like to switch over to LED lights but,there are 2 major things that get in the way for me too do it 1 is cost IMO They cost way to much as of now and the other thing is that once the LED burns out which it will eventually will there is no real way to fix it. while with the incandescent lights I can take the Light Keeper Pro or buzz box and fix the problem same goes for the larger C9/C7 lights if they burnout you just twist the bulb out and fix it. I mean if you can get the LED's dirt cheap after Christmas I guess it would be worth it, and as other have said as well I will considering switching to them when they come down to a price of an Incandescent set which may be a while.

I can understand that. Altho I am a college student so I have a very similar problem. Haha