GE LED light coupon

You know what I don't understand here? The coupon explicitely states:

OFFER LIMITED TO ONE PURCHASE IN THE U.S.A., ITS TERRITORIES AND MILITARY EXCHANGES

Not to pick out one line, but somebody needs to:

The manager was not a 'butt'. Not only were you trying to take advantage of the situation, you were trying to rip off the store.

Let me go further... "Trying to take advantage of the situation" would technically be defined by your trying to use ONE coupon in conjuction with the timing of their sale (actually, more on this below). You weren't trying to do that. You were knowingly (unless you are incapable of or didn't read the coupon) trying to rip the store off by using MORE than one coupon on MORE than one purchase. When a coupon says "OFFER LIMITED TO ONE PURCHASE" what do you think that means? Did you think this doesn't apply to you for some bizarre reason?

Let's hit another point. As I began above with the 'actually, more on this below' comment.... you tried to tell him that "you got lucky on the timing of their sale and GE's promotion".... well you're busted there too. Again, unless you are incapable of, or didn't read the coupon, I will bring out another line from said coupon for you:

COUPON MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER OFFER AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE

Again, what part of the "combined with another offer" doesn't apply to you? I would think that a special sale by Lowes "3 GE LED strings for $10" qualified in most people's books as "another offer".

I'm sorry that this is not "positive" and "reinforcing" of what some of you are trying to do, but it is disgusting. You ARE attempting to rip the store off, no matter what you've convinced your brain of.

Why do we do these decorations of this time of year? Oh ya, because it is Christ's birthday... I'm sure that Christ is pleased with you. Good job.

Makes you want to ask WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My other local store had no problems with me using these as well. In fact, they went to the back and got the rest of their back stock. Seems the stores are more than happy to clear out their stock.

So, I've now had success at two local stores. Neither stores' manager had any problems at all with it.

If you guys want to try your luck my advice is be nice. Don't be assuming or demanding. If you don't get the deal, that's it. I may have just gotten lucky.

Edited by erinh

i too have had good people to wait on me at my local lowes while using this coupon and sale. the manager was fine with me purchasing all the mini leds. as a matter of fact when i went to another location they wouldnt honor the coupon so i bought them at the sale price and went back to my regular store and they did a refund and then did the same deal. i must say that they are very familiar with me as i have come in for the past 3 yrs and paid full retail price for my incans and leds. as a matter of fact they are always excited when i come in and want to know what i am currently working on for the next holiday season. i dont just buy lights from my lowes i am a frequent shopper and very loyal to their store. knowing and calling many by their name. maybe that is why they were so helpful.

another note about this thread - why are some so strongly offended? the reality of it is the coupon is not affiliated with lowes, lowes is doing their own sales promotion. the sale and coupon are two separate occurrences each independent of the other. when someone earlier said "what would jesus do?" well i am offended by you passing judgement on others. i never felt like i was "ripping anyone off". it was the manager who said that they needed to ring them up separately for filing purposes. as a matter of fact they said if i needed more to come on back and see them.

why are some so strongly offended? the reality of it is the coupon is not affiliated with lowes,

the reality is that this coupon was meant for certain customers of 2 electric companies if they wanted it nationwide they would have offered it nationwide

the problem is not those who get 10 boxes its those that get HUNDREDS and then bragging about it? thats pushing the deal to the limit imho

I think that you and many others are missing the point. These coupons were obviously given to members of the touchstone energy cooperatives in their newsletter, and I am more than sure it was probably an oversight that it was included on their on line version. Its kinda strange that if you go and look at the newsletter again the area where that coupon was is now a blank space. When GE provided that coupon they probably had a range of how many of these coupons they we expecting to be redeemed. now with all of these "illegitimate" coupons being reproduced against what the coupon "clearly" states "no reproductions will be allowed" I am willing to bet that GE will reject these and Lowe's will be out a significant amount of money.

ask yourself this how would you feel if that manager you know and trust was fired for taking all of those reproduced coupons? sure maybe it would be his fault for not having a good sense in judgment but at the same time maybe he had trust in you that these were acquired legitimately, EXAMPLE: you received a copy of said newsletter.

Here's another way of looking at this: this is no different than say getting a coupon in the sunday paper then going over to the copier and say oh! this is such a great deal ill run off a hundred copies so i can save this much more! it is exactly the same by clicking the print button on your browser then selecting a 100 or so copies.

If you think im offended sure I am, I believe everyone sould be fairly compensated for anything that i get, Im not out to pull one over on someone. I believe that many people's attitudes are that because lowe's is a major corporation "OH! they can afford it, they make billions" what's it going to hurt them? well dont worry it wont because their response will be in the form of raising prices across the company to offset their losses because in the end everyone will be paying for this

Edited by kingsislandtechservices

@kingsislandtechservices

wow now i feel bad. i went back to the publication that had the coupon and now realize that it isnt a newspaper but a private mailing (i think). you and those who have pointed out that this is not right are correct. it was not intended for the general public but for those who get this newsletter or are affiliated with this company (once again i think). please forgive me for misunderstanding this offer. when i saw a thread on pc last year discussing the exact same coupon i assumed it was okay to participate this year. i didnt purchase with the coupon last year because i had already made my light purchases for the year. sometimes we make mistakes but never intend for it to be dishonorable.

this whole situation kind of makes me wonder why corporate offices at lowes hadnt already advised their stores of this possible problem since it must have presented itself last year as well when the publication came out.

Wow, getting heated in here about acquiring these Christmas lights.

I went and picked up 2 boxes of multi for $0.33 at Lowe's today. I had a whole grip of coupons printed, but when I got there, it occurred to me that:

1. Dude, I don't NEED a bunch of lights.

2. They are 1/2 wave anyways, the lights are NOT good for outdoor displays as they produce a mean strobe effect for people driving by. (to the people that bought TONs of these, your house is gonna look like poo to passers-by if all you have is half wave on display!)

Now after reading the responses of people taking issue with people abusing the system, may I please remind you that Lowes and GE have practiced outsourcing American jobs for years? They want your money but they don't want to employ you. Listen guys I walked the entire Lowes store today, and nearly EVERYTHING in there was NOT made in USA. Even things that were made in USA a few years ago are no longer.

So, good on those that took Lowes and GE for hundreds of boxes of LEDs. I personally agree to some extent that the system got cheated, but then again these corporations are willing to cheat us too.

Me personally, I don't like half-wave lights very much, and I don't believe in excess consumerism so I limited myself to 2 boxes.

The cashier was very friendly and she even stated how much she loves Christmas lights, I bet she would have let me buy dozens.

I wasn't aware of the half-wave issue. I'll have to look into that.

I bought a lot but I also have a good bit of standard incandescent lights I plan to mix these leds with. I had planned to light the roof and mega tree with the LEDs and let the rest of the house be what I already have. I figure if it doesn't work out, I can pass on the deal to someone on the forum or I'll just take them back to Lowe's. Then again, since these will be dispersed with other lights, and flickering with the display, I don't really see it being an issue. I quickly took one out of the box to make sure it looked to have decent quality and I thought I saw a rectifier in line. I'll have to double check that when I get home.

Part of me wishes I had gotten the white ones as well, but I just didn't see the need as we never use them.

What's truly sad is that some people on another site have suggested buying them at this price and taking them back sans gift receipt to get the current sale price (or even full retail price) put on a gift card. IOW, they are truly cheating the system to make a buck.

Edited by erinh

So, good on those that took Lowes and GE for hundreds of boxes of LEDs. I personally agree to some extent that the system got cheated, but then again these corporations are willing to cheat us too.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you?? is that it??? i guess its lowes fault that the usa makes very little?? if you dont like lowes selling products not made in the usa SHOP ELSEWHERE but to say its ok to stick it to the man shows alot about you

I know a dealer where you can buy full-wave lights in February, and if you're really lucky, you might get them delivered by November - if you're persistent in pestering them enough. Any takers?

:)

You know what I don't understand here? The coupon explicitely states:

OFFER LIMITED TO ONE PURCHASE IN THE U.S.A., ITS TERRITORIES AND MILITARY EXCHANGES

Not to pick out one line, but somebody needs to:

The manager was not a 'butt'. Not only were you trying to take advantage of the situation, you were trying to rip off the store.

Let me go further... "Trying to take advantage of the situation" would technically be defined by your trying to use ONE coupon in conjuction with the timing of their sale (actually, more on this below). You weren't trying to do that. You were knowingly (unless you are incapable of or didn't read the coupon) trying to rip the store off by using MORE than one coupon on MORE than one purchase. When a coupon says "OFFER LIMITED TO ONE PURCHASE" what do you think that means? Did you think this doesn't apply to you for some bizarre reason?

Let's hit another point. As I began above with the 'actually, more on this below' comment.... you tried to tell him that "you got lucky on the timing of their sale and GE's promotion".... well you're busted there too. Again, unless you are incapable of, or didn't read the coupon, I will bring out another line from said coupon for you:

COUPON MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER OFFER AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE

Again, what part of the "combined with another offer" doesn't apply to you? I would think that a special sale by Lowes "3 GE LED strings for $10" qualified in most people's books as "another offer".

I'm sorry that this is not "positive" and "reinforcing" of what some of you are trying to do, but it is disgusting. You ARE attempting to rip the store off, no matter what you've convinced your brain of.

Why do we do these decorations of this time of year? Oh ya, because it is Christ's birthday... I'm sure that Christ is pleased with you. Good job.

<Like> :mad:

I believe that many people's attitudes are that because lowe's is a major corporation "OH! they can afford it, they make billions" what's it going to hurt them? well dont worry it wont because their response will be in the form of raising prices across the company to offset their losses because in the end everyone will be paying for this
In this day and age, it seems that most companies don't raise prices, they just let more of their workforce go; increasing our country's 9.6% unemployment (my latest numbers are probably off by a few tenths).

I know a dealer where you can buy full-wave lights in February, and if you're really lucky, you might get them delivered by November - if you're persistent in pestering them enough. Any takers?

:)

you just cant let it go can you? every chance you get you have to knock travis when is it time to move on?

you just cant let it go can you? every chance you get you have to knock travis when is it time to move on?

If you don't like my posts, there's always the ignore function. I named no names in my post. If you can't appreciate a little humor now and then, then I welcome you to please use the ignore function, because that's my posting style and if you don't like it, it's your loss not mine.