Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Guest Blowmold Magic

And so it begins!

Guest A.F.NUT

Since it was too cold and rainy to string lights in my trees tonight. I decided to start inside. Most of you have seen the 'after' of my blowmold room well here is the during. I began pulling everything out the entire basement is trashed, I am a little overwhelmed and loving every minute of it!

Edited by A.F.NUT

Don't call hoarders just yet LOL

You got further than me so far.

Ok got my halloween pics tonight.I shall be posting Friday night.

Come Monday its time to pick up halloween & start pulling out Christmas.

And a pile of Nativities and things. I am calling Hoarders in the morning LOL

I've seen that show and you have a long, long way to go before you get to that point. You still have some open floor space so it's not that bad yet. lol

I look forward to seeing how you display all of those little blow molds.

TOM TOM TOM.. remember hoarder keep a lot of useless junk. THAT is NOT useless or junk : ) Is that unpainted shelving unit new?? Can't remember.. That is still on my wish/things to do list. Build shelves like Toms!!!!

Jim

Guest Judd_Peiffer

i don't know about hoaders mr but i think i'm calling the blow mold police cause that blow mold abuse!.......NOW PICK UP THAT BECO CHOIR ANGEL!

Wink:rolleyes:

Guest A.F.NUT

Don't call hoarders just yet LOL

You got further than me so far.

Ok got my halloween pics tonight.I shall be posting Friday night.

Come Monday its time to pick up halloween & start pulling out Christmas.

Well it's a start! I coulden't get the Halloween down fast enough!

Guest A.F.NUT

I've seen that show and you have a long, long way to go before you get to that point. You still have some open floor space so it's not that bad yet. lol

I look forward to seeing how you display all of those little blow molds.

Well thanks, the key word is yet! I finished that room late last night and am working on the other. The floor is about gone in the other room LOL

Guest A.F.NUT

i don't know about hoaders mr but i think i'm calling the blow mold police cause that blow mold abuse!.......NOW PICK UP THAT BECO CHOIR ANGEL!

I DID I DID! She was only down for a second or two, leave it to another molder to catch that. She is upset she didn't make the cut to go in that room this year.

Well it's a start! I coulden't get the Halloween down fast enough!

Yeah I usually leave it till today being my granddaughters birthday.Want to get pics of her in the decorations & Dang forgot to go buy her a mold!

Guest A.F.NUT

Those blow molds look like they had a big blow mold party and got wasted!

They had a party alright a celebration of being free'd from their bags and boxes. Now I think I need to get wasted LOL

Guest A.F.NUT

And, if my mom had hoarded blow molds, I would have been berry berry happy when I cleaned out her house.

Yes I guess it could be worse. They say if it's something you use it's not hoarding, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Guest Judd_Peiffer

turst me if you could see my dining area and all someone would be calling hoarders on me too! i started putting garlands above my kitchen cabinets this mornign before work and my house is trashed from me dragging molds up stairs that still need to go outside yet.....ugh.....i hate messes!

Guest A.F.NUT

turst me if you could see my dining area and all someone would be calling hoarders on me too! i started putting garlands above my kitchen cabinets this mornign before work and my house is trashed from me dragging molds up stairs that still need to go outside yet.....ugh.....i hate messes!

It's amazing how you trash the whole house before your done. I always hate to start because once you start pulling stuff out, no matter how organized you are, you have a mess, but in the end it all comes together! I don't do well with a mess either, makes me nervous!

It's amazing how you trash the whole house before your done. I always hate to start because once you start pulling stuff out, no matter how organized you are, you have a mess, but in the end it all comes together! I don't do well with a mess either, makes me nervous!

LOL I'm the same way - everything has to be in it's place. I'm still working on a few Thanksgiving things...when the new camera gets here I'll post pics :) My tradition is put up Christmas Thanksgiving evening....if we don't get home too late from my folks' house...or it's started the next day. I dread lugging up big totes from the basement, unpacking and deciding whether to put everything in the same place as last year or do something different...The cats love jumping into everything...I hope this year they will be good little kitties w/ the tree...it has all glass ornaments (old & new)...we'll see.....Have fun putting up all your goodies Matt, can't wait to see the finished display!

Guest A.F.NUT

LOL I'm the same way - everything has to be in it's place. I'm still working on a few Thanksgiving things...when the new camera gets here I'll post pics :) My tradition is put up Christmas Thanksgiving evening....if we don't get home too late from my folks' house...or it's started the next day. I dread lugging up big totes from the basement, unpacking and deciding whether to put everything in the same place as last year or do something different...The cats love jumping into everything...I hope this year they will be good little kitties w/ the tree...it has all glass ornaments (old & new)...we'll see.....Have fun putting up all your goodies Matt, can't wait to see the finished display!

I used to have that tradition too of getting everything out the day after ,but it's nearly impossible now, but I do try to do the majority of my outside blowmold part of the display the day after, right now lights are going up, those have to be done before, got a few thousand up so far. I had a hard time picking who got to come out this year too, tried to use some of the ones I didn't last year and I tried to change it up a bit, but it's hard you like what you like and some things only fit well a certain way. Either way it's fun being surrounded by plastic! Can't wait til your camera arrives hurry up with your pics!!!

Guest A.F.NUT

i think they are awesome!! great job!

Thanks it looks much better now that it's all done. Now it's time to concentrate outside!

I was thinking the same thing! That was the first thing that I saw too.

Looks good so far Tom...

I can't wait to see your whole display inside and outside.

Guest A.F.NUT

I was thinking the same thing! That was the first thing that I saw too.

Looks good so far Tom...

I can't wait to see your whole display inside and outside.

Thanks Jim the downstairs is all done now! And I have about ten thousand lights up outside so far, it's coming along nicely, lots of new elements this year! I am very excited with it.

Guest A.F.NUT

And why haven't we seen the pics yet?

Too busy hanging off the ladder hanging lights to take any! LOL