How late is to late to run your show?

Every year my wife and I get into, shall we say a discussion, on how late a large display like mine should run. My wife thinks I run it too late and neighbors could be getting upset. I thought it might be helpful to take a general consensus here at PC as to just how late the rest of you run yours and what you think would be an appropriate cut off time for mine.

Thanks,

Bill

I usually kept my static display on until 10pm. I am expecting more traffic this year with it being animated. The blinking lights may also bother my neighbors more then the lights being constantly on. I have talked with all my neighbors. I don't want them to be upset and not want to talk to me about it. I figure if I open the line of communication then it may be easier for them to voice a concern to me. I am planning on leaving mine on until 9:30 most nights. If I remember to change my timer, I might leave them on until 10pm on Friday and Saturday night. I do plan on talking with my neighbors once the season is over and make sure that their concerns are addressed.

We run until 9:30 on weeknights and 10pm Friday and Saturday. We get quite a lot of drive-bys after hours, but that seems to be a fair compromise. Our neighbors who had caused us trouble even conceded it had helped (I used to run until 11pm on weekends and 10pm weeknights.

I have it posted that weekendnights run till 9:00 and weekends till 9:30. We (and some of our neighbors) have younger kids, and the lights keep them up...

When it gets closer to Christmas, and I'm not doing anything, I'll try to watch for cars. If there are people outside watching, I try to bump the scheduled end time so it keeps running past the scheduled end time.

Sunday - Thursday I run until 9:30. Friday and Saturday I run till 10:30.

On Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve I run till midnight.

I'm about the same schedule, tho the week or week and a half before Christmas I will watch out and if there's still a number of cars I will hold them on for a while later. I will run till 11:00 the week of christmas usually. Depends on the weather and the traffic. Bad weather usually = little to no traffic, I may kill them early even.

I'll also kill them early, at least temporarily if there's people with their music cranked too loud or people that are getting out of their cars and shouting back and forth. Yes it's happened. Usually friday or saturday nights, go figure... Alcohol is usually involved in such incidents I have to assume. I've killed the display from inside, watched for them to leave, then fire back up, lol!

We run til 9 Sun thru Thurs, and 10 Fri & Sat. We run our display all night Christmas Eve. Like some others have said. Our mega tree and star stays on 50% white from show shut down til daylight. Leaving those lights on gives my camras outside plenty of light to see what they need to see. ; )

The first year I started out running until 10pm all nights until the neighbors complained. They wanted them to run later. I have run them until 11 pm since with no complaints. Traffic usually dies off by 10:30 during the week.

Edited by mestalights
spelling

Sunday - Thursday until 10pm

Friday and Saturday 11pm

Christmas Eve, Day until Midnight

I run outdoor speakers, so I do speak to the neighbors about the music, and the lights. They never had any problem with it, and I made sure to let them know that if it does get out of hand to let me know and I will change the hours if needed, or make longer gaps between shows if necessary.