StarTribune annual display list

The StarTribune has it's annual light list open for suggestions...

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/106706748.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

It's open for submissions for 10 days until November 19th.

At least I have a number of days to decide if I'm going to submit or not. What do you think of submitting to their list?

At least I have a number of days to decide if I'm going to submit or not. What do you think of submitting to their list?

Have you been on it before? If not, go for it, it gives you a steady stream of traffic (but in and of itself won't overwhelm you).

I was going to take a year off from the listing last year and didn't submit myself. I somehow was listed anyway... I might do the same thing again -- if I don't get listed, it will keep traffic from building up any more, but if so, oh well... I guess the only other alternative (besides just submitting myself) would be to tell them NOT to list me...

I didn't add myself to the list this year. If we're in it, that means someone else did (just like last year). I'm hoping they DON'T list us because I'd like to see what it does for traffic. We've already had a ton of comments about people waiting to watch it, so I think we'll get plenty with word-of-mouth.

The list is not out. We're not in it this year, and I'm very curious to see how this affects our traffic. I think they usually have a way to submit your display to their website so if we suddenly don't get any cars, I can do that ;) But with the number of people asking us about the display (while we're out working, via emails, etc) I don't think that will be a problem. Last year's traffic was just a bit more than I was comfortable with having the neighborhood deal with so I could use a "break" year to let things cool down just a bit.

The list is not out. We're not in it this year, and I'm very curious to see how this affects our traffic. I think they usually have a way to submit your display to their website so if we suddenly don't get any cars, I can do that ;) But with the number of people asking us about the display (while we're out working, via emails, etc) I don't think that will be a problem. Last year's traffic was just a bit more than I was comfortable with having the neighborhood deal with so I could use a "break" year to let things cool down just a bit.

You are listed on ChristmasLightFinder.com so you may still have traffic. I didn't look at TheDisplayFinder.com or others.

You are listed on ChristmasLightFinder.com so you may still have traffic. I didn't look at TheDisplayFinder.com or others.

Of course we like people to find it. I'm just hoping not being in the Strib will take a little pressure off the neighborhood - particularly in terms of fewer limos and busses.