show test gone wrong

I had set the computer to begin my light show. I left for a quick errand, and when I returned, I saw that all of the lights were on. AFter I determined that there hadn't been anyone on my computer, I realized that somehow the show had started, run for about 3 seconds and then froze with all of the lights on. I attempted to start the show again several times, with the same results. I shut the computer down and restarted it, again, the same results, except my 16 channel mega tree will not even come on. I have plugged it in several outlets to make sure that there wasn't a problem with the outlet. No changes. Can someone help this distressed, overwhelmed newbie out?

I had set the computer to begin my light show. I left for a quick errand, and when I returned, I saw that all of the lights were on. AFter I determined that there hadn't been anyone on my computer, I realized that somehow the show had started, run for about 3 seconds and then froze with all of the lights on. I attempted to start the show again several times, with the same results. I shut the computer down and restarted it, again, the same results, except my 16 channel mega tree will not even come on. I have plugged it in several outlets to make sure that there wasn't a problem with the outlet. No changes. Can someone help this distressed, overwhelmed newbie out?

Steve,

Wish I was more familiar with LOR so I could help you out. I'm sure it will be a simple fix for the hang up and someone will chime in with their help. Almost always is. I remember six or seven years back when I first moved to animated from static, there was always something...I thought I would have a stroke freaking out and stressing that something I had done had ruined the show, always ended up being something silly. Good luck! You have plenty of time left and I'm sure it will get straightened out.

If you are using the USB adapter, there have been similar issues with it locking up. I believe it clears up (temporarily) if you unplug and reconnect the adapter. The solution (if this is the problem) is a USB cable with a ferrite filter. It's available on LOR's web site for $10.

Also if you are using any fluorescent lights in or around your display, try turning them off.

i would contact LOR they are great with customer sanctification over there and probably can get you going quicker then we can