Weekend weather

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StarTrib says 5-10 inches. Over in your neck of the woods it's looking closer to the 10.

We got virtually no rain last night, it just started snowing. I think they were originally predicting it would rain for awhile, then snow. As you know, a little rain translates into a lot of snow...

Stuck a yardstick in my driveway in various places and we definitely have over 7" of non-drifted snow. Probably closer to 8" now, since it's still coming down at a good clip. I just got back inside from shooting a few pics and building a snow fort with the kids. Yesterday they were cruising around the yard in their Power Wheels Jeep. Crazy stuff..

Guest Lightzilla

I guess I'd rather have snow than super cold temperatures. The kind where you kick a chunk of snow and it rings like a bell.

Or last year when it hit -51F up here the wheels on the car seemed to be sqaure instead of round when you were driving. Bump, bump, bump along. The door locks on the cars do not work right at time, so you drive down the road with a door that is almost open.

The dog pees and turns to ice right away.

You fellows sure have the snow.

Or last year when it hit -51F up here the wheels on the car seemed to be sqaure instead of round when you were driving. Bump, bump, bump along. The door locks on the cars do not work right at time, so you drive down the road with a door that is almost open.

You know, you are getting really sickening with always having to one-up everyone about the weather, why don't you give it a rest. Probably two thirds of the posts you make tell how rough you have it. Okay, you live in the coldest place in the whole wide world. You win, You are just all that and a bag of chips.

How can you go to the bathroom? Aren't you afraid it will get brittle and fall off?

Spent the day trying to save my 35' plus, pine trees...This stuff is extremely wet and is weighting down the branches, similar to an Ice storm. We lost one of the trees in the back yard already. Used the roof rake to knock as much of that slush/snow off as possible...Lots of trees down on the east side of town, Minnehaha and Stillwater Rd areas; that area has already lost many from that storm a couple of summers ago...Can't get much done today...Just hope to be able to get stakes in the ground where we want our molds to go, tomorrow!

hope to be able to get stakes in the ground where we want our molds to go, tomorrow!

I don't think you have to worry - the temp has been above freezing all day and it isn't supposed to get much colder all week.

I've been fighting the battle for my entire "3 day weekend, I'm going to finish early for a change" weekend. First on Friday with the last minute leaf blowing/bagging, put everything away etc. Then Saturday, what can I do that is productive Inside? And today, the shoveling. Two examples: one large limb on my largest (7,000 light) crab treee that used to be 25' in the air on Saturday was 1' off the ground -- lights are everywhere. Tonight, I raked the front porch roof because they are still not done installing new windows; snagged some cords and now have unplugged decorations on the 2nd (snowy) level with cords hanging down in front of the house. In the spirit of PC's 3 rules, I am Positive that Nothing that was done 2 days ago is "done" now. A week ago, I thought I was ahead, now I'm not even sure if I'm in the race.