Canadian Pacific Christmas Train

It is that time of year agan and the CP train will be making stops to raise food and money for local food shelves.

Rather than posting all the stops and dates here is a link with pictures and other info including some of the performers, who do over 60 stops while raising awareness and bring good cheer.

December 10 -14 for the MInnesota area, with December 11, the east Twin cities stops.

http://www8.cpr.ca/cms/English/General+Public/Holiday+Train/Schedules/default.htm

Guest Lightzilla

I saw that train a couple of times up here but it was to cold to stay for any length of time.

Speaking of cold. How is the weather there? Do you still have the snow?

Here is what our weather is for the next few days.

Today cooler air moves in and it looks like winter is here.

The link below shows you Drayton Valley's temperature and weather. Drayton Valley is only 45 minutes from my house.

http://www1.sympatico.ca/cgi-bin/wx2004.pl?lng=en&stn=CAAB0096

The link below shows you Edmonton, Alberta's temperature and weather. Edmonton is about one hour from our house.

This is just the beginning temperatures and I would think that the only reason it is not colder is because there is no snow on the ground. Snow reflects the suns rays.

I hope those isolated flurries do not amount to much, if it does it is here to stay.

Does this make you all feel better?

Enjoy the train and the performers. It is something to see if only once.

It is that time of year agan and the CP train will be making stops to raise food and money for local food shelves.

Rather than posting all the stops and dates here is a link with pictures and other info including some of the performers, who do over 60 stops while raising awareness and bring good cheer.

December 10 -14 for the MInnesota area, with December 11, the east Twin cities stops.

http://www8.cpr.ca/cms/English/General+Public/Holiday+Train/Schedules/default.htm

Thanks for the info. We've gone the last few years and the kids love it. We go to the Loretto stop...

Guest Lightzilla

I'd like to see that synchronized to music. I bet people would stay and watch it even in "cold" weather.

Not this guy (me) every again. Have you seen the CPR train in -25F. Standing there for an hour or two.........man it was cold. When we hit -51F last year in the second or 3rd week of December no one anywhere was moving. I had no veiwers for 5 days when it was -40F & colder.

I saw it twice & that is enough for me.

If you never saw it then you ought to see it.

I saw that train a couple of times up here but it was to cold to stay for any length of time.

Speaking of cold. How is the weather there? Do you still have the snow?

Here is what our weather is for the next few days.

Today cooler air moves in and it looks like winter is here.

The link below shows you Drayton Valley's temperature and weather. Drayton Valley is only 45 minutes from my house.

The link below shows you Edmonton, Alberta's temperature and weather. Edmonton is about one hour from our house.

This is just the beginning temperatures and I would think that the only reason it is not colder is because there is no snow on the ground. Snow reflects the suns rays.

I hope those isolated flurries do not amount to much, if it does it is here to stay.

Does this make you all feel better?

Enjoy the train and the performers. It is something to see if only once.

I would love to see that train. It's gorgeous!

Hmm..no one was speaking of weather, you brought it up, but no matter what the temperature is, Chicagoans would handle it..we are hardy folk, and even though our weather is no where near the cold temperatures of Alberta, -80 windchills in Chicago are not pleasant either ..but we're so used to it, we take it in stride :)

Not this guy (me) every again. Have you seen the CPR train in -25F. Standing there for an hour or two.........man it was cold. When we hit -51F last year in the second or 3rd week of December no one anywhere was moving. I had no veiwers for 5 days when it was -40F & colder.

I saw it twice & that is enough for me.

If you never saw it then you ought to see it.

I have not seen the CPR train in -25F, I have not seen it in 80F, I have not seen it in a house, I have not seen with a mouse.

I'm not sure why Lightzilla keeps bringing up the weather in Canada, I thought this was about the CP train in Minnesota.

For what it's worth, the two times I've seen it, it was wicked cold with a horrible windchill. We still had a blast and the kids especially loved it. The hosts at the stop (Loretto) had a huge bonfire going which made for a nice place to warm up.

Now can we get back on topic? I'm looking forward to seeing the train again. One year we "chased" it all the way from Loretto to Buffalo along Hwy 55. We didn't watch the performances in Buffalo again though.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though the Cottage Grove stop is two minutes from my house, I've never seen it. This year was going to be the year to head down there with the fam.

Until.... I heard the forecast for Saturday Night:

A foot of snow

40 MPH wind gusts

-30 Windchills

We still might head out, but I'm guessing we're less than 50/50.

Major Bummer!

From City of Cottage Grove:

In the interest of everyone’s safety, the Holiday Train has been cancelled. The Public Safety Department is encouraging people to stay home and avoid traveling unless it’s an emergency. Please stay safe. Remember to check on your neighbor’s that may need assistance.

From City of Cottage Grove:

In the interest of everyone’s safety, the Holiday Train has been cancelled. The Public Safety Department is encouraging people to stay home and avoid traveling unless it’s an emergency. Please stay safe. Remember to check on your neighbor’s that may need assistance.

I seem to always need assistance. Last night we were supposed to have our Christmas party. We had the snowplow guy out about 5:00 to do the driveway one more time. I shoveled the sidewalk one last time and called it quits. Then, the neighbors on both sides of us came over, one with a snowthrower and one with a blade on an ATV and they cleaned up all of the driveway and the driveway in front of the barn. So we had plenty of good parking for the 2 couples who drove to the "party". It's great to have neighbors who pitch in and it always makes it hard for me to understand some of the posts in the "Neighbor Relations" threads.