When was the first time that YOU purchased a blow mold figure?

My first was a big pumpkin, although I didn't know at the time it was called a blowmold. I have had it since 2005. Then I officially got my first Christmas blowmolds with knowledge of what I was getting, is this year (2010) I got Mickey, Minnie, and two South Polars with different colored scarves from Home depot. They are really cute. They seem to be enjoying our mild climate in SW Georgia. i haven't heard them complain once. <G>

My first blow mold that I purchased, was a Grand Venture sleigh and deer from Bill Weis in November of 2007. And between him and Chuck Forkner, I've learned a lot about molds. Still have the set in the box. I originally received 9 molds from a neighbor who said my young display, needed some character. I'm over 200 molds in my collection now.

I purchased my first blowmold when I was about 6. My grandma gave me $5 and I purchased a candle. That is the only one of my original blowmolds that I still own. I decided to sell off the others when my wife and I were moving around. I'm a little sad that I don't have all of them but, it is fun finding and purchasing others!

• 9 months later...

i always loved christmas as a kid, and never really payed attention to my grand parents full sized santa blowmold (which unfortunately got put in the garbage). i got older and married a man who generally made me miserable but put special effort in to ruining my holidays. when i got free of him, i decided to make holidays magical for my kids and started decorating. i didn't get into blowmoldsuntill about 5 years ago. my first acquisition was when my i told my mom that i was interested in collecting blowmolds, she excitedly told me some were out in the garbage in our town. i went and got them it was a pair of grand venture pine cone candles and the older empire ghost with black cat. about six months later i purchased my first blowmold which was a grand venture ghost with two pumpkins, still a favorite

In the late 60s or early 70s, my parents started displaying a blow mold nativity with holy family and wisemen, 2 angels hanging in the bushes above them, and a Santa with sleigh and one reindeer up on the roof. I bought my first nativity with holy family, wisemen, sheep and camel shortly after getting married, probably 1997 or 1998. It was another 10 years, after joining these forums about 3 years ago, I decided I just had to get the (Empire) Santa, sleigh and reindeer I remembered from my childhood.