Interesting problem...too many control boxes and lights to use!

OK...I have an interesting problem I bet you have never heard! I have recently moved and found a stash I had hidden and need some advice. I have an extra pallet of mini-lights and 5 LOR controllers that I don't have planned for the year. So I have a total of 10 controllers and way too many lights to count.

Here is what I was planning:

1 - Mega tree (to the left of drive way)

9 - Mini-trees (tomato cage trees)

1 - Blow-up display

I was going to run icicles on the gutters (only facing the road). There is a medium size tree in the front yard (hard to see in the attached picture) that I was going to cover in clear mini's. The support posts for the front porch I was going to wrap in mini's.

Any other ideas? I started some arches a few years back, but never got around to finish them...I don't know if I would have the time to complete them for the year.

I do not want to line the roof edge or peaks as I do not want to walk or attach to the shingles as I have in my other house...and the siding is cedar, so I really dont want to drill into it...other than that I am open to suggestions. Plenty of room on the ground for lights...just can't think of ideas.

Also...some FYI. I have only lived in this house for 6 months, so I don't want to go 'crazy' with the lights for the first year and p-off my neighbors for the first time around.

Sorry if thepicture didn't turn out well. I will try when the sun isn't as bright later. (if anyone knows how to resize a pic in here lemme know.)

Phil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39937[/ATTACH]

OK...I have an interesting problem I bet you have never heard! I have recently moved and found a stash I had hidden and need some advice. I have an extra pallet of mini-lights and 5 LOR controllers that I don't have planned for the year. So I have a total of 10 controllers and way too many lights to count.

Here is what I was planning:

1 - Mega tree (to the left of drive way)

9 - Mini-trees (tomato cage trees)

1 - Blow-up display

I was going to run icicles on the gutters (only facing the road). There is a medium size tree in the front yard (hard to see in the attached picture) that I was going to cover in clear mini's. The support posts for the front porch I was going to wrap in mini's.

Any other ideas? I started some arches a few years back, but never got around to finish them...I don't know if I would have the time to complete them for the year.

I do not want to line the roof edge or peaks as I do not want to walk or attach to the shingles as I have in my other house...and the siding is cedar, so I really dont want to drill into it...other than that I am open to suggestions. Plenty of room on the ground for lights...just can't think of ideas.

Also...some FYI. I have only lived in this house for 6 months, so I don't want to go 'crazy' with the lights for the first year and p-off my neighbors for the first time around.

Sorry if thepicture didn't turn out well. I will try when the sun isn't as bright later. (if anyone knows how to resize a pic in here lemme know.)

Phil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39937[/ATTACH]

How does one forget about 5 controllers? That's a large about of $$$ to just forget about.

Sure they were....

The lights were "misplaced" as every year I would buy any cases left over from wal-mart (also send friends out that live out of state) and put them in the attic of my old garage. I had no idea how many cases I had until I moved...yes, I was equally as surprised when I saw what I had. It may be less then a pallet, but it is pretty close to one.

As for the controllers...I bought more than I needed a few years back before I had kids (when I had the extra $), so I knew I had a extra that I never used but again...didn't know until I moved. I thought I had 3 extra, but there were 5 there.

It is amazing of the crap that builds up over the years.

Phil

Edited by ptaylor

Oh...and for the person that quoted the word "misplaced"...I never said misplaced. I said found. There is a difference. Nothing was ever lost...the stack I have been adding to over the years was just bigger than expected, and the controllers I pretty much knew I had. I just never had the room for expansion with my old house.

:mad:

I was using the word "misplaced" to describe my tendency to leave strands everywhere in the house depending on where I was working on them last.

I wasn't trying to upset you, just being playful about a problem that I wish I had. Finding a pallet of lights and 5 controllers would make my year.

With a short amount of time left, a short mega tree would be quickest to construct and have the most impact. Go with say a 10 - 12 ft tall one, as high as you can reach with a step ladder. Put a bunch of lights on it, make it really full. Sequencing will be faster just focusing on one major item as opposed to trying to fit together several smaller pieces or sections of a display.

Good luck!

Joe