problems with sound out of a laptop

well i am doing some testing this year i figured why not use my latop to run the show but here is my problem. I have no other place to plug my transmitter into except for the head phone jack and the sound is much lower and distorted then whe i used my desktop what do i dooooooooooo!!!!

I did the same thing last year. And was shocked at the poor sound I was getting out of my laptop. Almost had me in a panic, and then...

I turned down the volume on the laptop. :) Because most laptops have really small speakers and our desktops have external speakers, we tend to have the volume on the laptop turned way up. This causes the FM transmitter to clip and distort the signal because it is being driven to hard. Try turning the volume way down and see if the problem goes away. Let me know if that helps.

Dennis

Edited by Takoda

well i am doing some testing this year i figured why not use my latop to run the show but here is my problem. I have no other place to plug my transmitter into except for the head phone jack and the sound is much lower and distorted then whe i used my desktop what do i dooooooooooo!!!!

You might want to look for a USB external soundcard. They are fairly compact, but be sure the one you pick has a speaker output and not just a headphone jack. Some have both. Some have one or the other.

Richard