New and in need of help

I got 2 16 channel systems so 32 channel, bought all the lights and tree and stars. I bought the best software, all the extention cords. and now Im lost...

I need to know what I need to do next, I loaded the software and have been peaking around but am lost really. what do you suggest, what is my next step?

can I buy sequences made already with music attached and then alter for my light setup?

any suggestions, I am a quick learn so lead me in the right direction..

Thanks

Ed

Most people try the software out and see if they are cut out for all this. You've gone in reverse and a few of us have done that as well. But right now you really need to hunker down and spend some real quality time with your software, the manual, and any online tutorials you can find. Without knowing what software and controllers you went with it's pretty hard to help you out.

-Pat

Most people try the software out and see if they are cut out for all this. You've gone in reverse and a few of us have done that as well. But right now you really need to hunker down and spend some real quality time with your software, the manual, and any online tutorials you can find. Without knowing what software and controllers you went with it's pretty hard to help you out.

-Pat

I am working with the software now. Thank for the suggestion. I know i will get it. Any idea where to find tutorials online?

Exactly what he said. What hardware and software? Light-O-Rama has a ton of shared sequences from 16 to 224 and more channels as well as some very clear and well done tutorials. However, if you are not using LOR, those would do you no good.

Glad to help - but a few more details are key to the right directions.

Check out the tutorials: http://lightoramasequences.com/content/blogsection/6/64/

I think the link for share sequences was also posted, but here it is again: http://lightoramasequences.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,42/

What a lot of people (including myself) do is download sequences from here and see what others have done.

In a nut shell, after loading the software, decide on the song, load in the MP3, decide on the timing intervals and then dream up what choreography you want (i.e. chase, flash, fade, twinkle, etc.). There are also quite a few videos on youtube that are required watching, such as anything done by Richard Holdman and of course, the one that started it for me by Carson Williams.

How did you plan to have your 32 sequences arranged? Any arches or mega trees?

I have no arches or mega trees. I have 6 5ft lighted trees all white, 3 14" blue stars and 3 white, ive got 8 floods, 4 white, 4 blue, I have 5 shutters on the front of house I plan on I plan on using as well as 3 colors running the gutters and down spouts. I also have a split rail fence in front I plan on running 3 colors on each of the two rails the whole 90 ft. I also have vitual santa for front window. I do have a couple free sequences just trying to figure out how to load them and weather im going to do roof lights. And I am only half sure on the channel layout im thinking. Im not 100 percent sure how its done.

I have a layout I have drawn

ed C

My email is [email protected] and would be more than willing to help.

My suggestion to you is at this point, just go with the trees, stars, shutters, and what would make a nice, 16 channel display. Next, go here: http://lightoramasequences.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,42/func,search/ and search on larryandglenora. They have shared four of their 16 channel sequences and did an excellent job programming them (IMO). They are TSO and very up beat and well done, but they have a house/yard set up that would be similar to yours. It would be trivial for you to map their 16 channel set up to your house/trees.

Download those sequences and save them on your computer. Then, open your LOR Sequence Editor and open those saved files. Use the Edit->Media File to bring in your mp3 of the song and you are ready.

I would be glad to help you or show you remotely, just drop me an email and we can set something up. We have all been there and are here to help you.

Quick question - do you have some outside speakers or an FM transmitter? You need some way to get the music to the people watching. Also, do you have a sign for what FM frequency?

Time is short, but it might still be doable with a smaller focus.

Easy there fellas... Not that your wrong but this poor guy just wanted a nice Christmas Display with out having to learn everything. His plan was to simply pay to have all the programming done and then all he would need to do is plug everything in, sort of like a MR Christmas on steroids I guess.

Ed at this point we have to face reality here, you are either going to have to hunker down and learn the LOR software and maybe use a few sequences from a source like LOR Sequences.com if you expect to have a display running this year. There are also tutorials out there that can help you along. Don't forget that Light-o-Rama also has a few free sequences on there web site to get you started, and a few you can also pay for.

-Pat

To ecool365,

There is a phrase we use around the synchronized Christmas light community. Crawl, walk, run.

Just take your time and don't get frustrated. Browse the posts on this forum, and those available through Light-o-Rama (LOR) or Animated Lighting (AI). The good news is your display will keep getting better. The bad news is you will always be finding parts that could be better.

Welcome to the madness (and don't worry about Chuck's comments. There is a reason the regulars here call each other 'Jerk')

Craig thanks for the offer of helping, I am actually moving right along now. I spend about five hours reading tutorials and groups online and have figured out the basics. Thanks to a few others (Bill, Robert and Don) I have learn quite a bit and fast, they also provided me with some sequences to work with. I have been able to adjust and alter them and I have 2 that look great! I am working on 3 or 4 more and with every minute Im figuring out the options I have.

I ran 4 new 4 outlet outdoor boxes outside today, I ran each one on its own circuit for future growth (thinking ahead already) I had a 200 amp box put in last year in hopes of someday getting this all together. My brother in law came over also and we got the split rail fence hung with 4 channel 4 colors, I got the six stars hung 3 blue 3 white, The shutters have 2 colors 7 channels, I also got 2 colors hung on gutters 2 channels and 2 channels on iceicles, I got the disk and rear screen for vitual santa and have scream hung and projector in place. I will get my mini trees, 3 deer and 8 spot lights tomorrow and Ill be off tuesday with the help of 3 others to get it all done and plugged in. I hope to test mid week once I get seq down.

I want to thank everyone for the help and for the push to get me going, I bought the first 16 channel controller 4 years ago and have never plugged in and I thought next year was the year, but thanks to the encouragement of some and the lack of faith of other I believe It will be a great first year.

Ill post some video soon guys.

Truly Thank You

Ed C