Anyone using the LOR show director??

I have a question about this. I wanted to add a 2nd show to my SD card. It says "card can hold multiple shows..." I am able to build a new show and give it a new name (number) but i can't figure out how to set which show i want played. Up until now i've only had 1 show, so it played show #1. But now i have 2 shows and i want it to play show #2. How?

A few things here:

1) The small dial on the MP3 Director will allow you to choose which show you want playing.

2) However, turning the small dial to "A" allows the shows to run as you have them scheduled.

Which route you are going to take is going to be determined how you have the shows configured. If you have them both set to "Play anytime power is applied" then you will want to turn the dial to the show number you wish to play, hit reset. Poof, that show will run.

If you are playing the shows on a schedule (say, 6p-10p) and they are both set the same you will need to use the dial to select that show.

However, if your shows have different times (show01/MWF/6p-10p and show02/STuThSa/6p-10p) then you would turn to the "A" position (hit reset) and things would go.

That makes sense. Let me ask you this: On the unit itself, when i turn the dial it actually "clicks" twice from 0-1 and then twice from 1-2. So it actually clicks 4 times before i get the arrow on the number 2.

That, I don't have an answer for. I can't say that I recall hearing/feeling the number of clicks when I've changed the dial on a LOR product. 99% of the time of the arrow is pointing to "1" it's on "1". (The other 1% is the rare case where the rotary dials are giving fits. Usually a repair is required at that point.)

leave the dial at default, there is no need to actually move it.

when you create the shows on your card name them "show 1", "show 2", " show3"

make the shows start and stop at different times, If you do like I do, have a "static" show to run for a short time before the main starts, leave a minute between the shows.

for example

show 1

start 5pm stop 5:59pm

show 2

sun-thur

start 6pm to 9:59pm

fri sat 6pm to 10:59pm

show 3

sun-thur

start 10pm to 11pm

fri sat 11pm to 12pm

You can actually make it do differfent sequences at different times if you like, just make a new show # and times.. I found that If you don't lave that minute gap, it doens't play nicely for some reason.

If you would like more info just PM me..

Edited by mnkyboy

leave the dial at default, there is no need to actually move it.

when you create the shows on your card name them "show 1", "show 2", " show3"

Ok, and what is the default? I've moved the dial a few times, so don't recall what the default was. I don't get, and it was part of my original question, how you select the show you want played. I can create show1, show 2, ect. But i don't know how to select which one of those shows i want played. Don said to move the dial, which i have now done. Originally i was looking for a way of doing it through the pc and saving it to the SD card.

Really...12hrs later and still no responses? I'm still able to play show01 thank God, but i no longer want show01. The pop-up window tells me that the show (02) has been copied to the SD card, but nothing changes. So i'm not sure if it's the SD card that's the problem or the director. Director is brand new, so i'm assuming it's the card. Think i'll buy a new card today and redo show02 and see if it will save to the new card.

I can't believe it's your SD card or the director.

I would delete everything on the card. It only takes a few minutes to create new shows for the director using the hardware utility. I assume you already know how to do this, but if you dont, let me know - I can walk you through it. Make sure you select the "scheduled time" radial button and select the correct days and times for each group of sequences (or show) you want to play. I do not know if there is any error checking between shows (like there is in the PC schedule editor), so write it down as you create each show to make sure you do not overlap times. Some people even leave a minute in between different shows to ensure no overlap...

I agree...i think it's an operator error, which is why this is so frustrating. I exchanged emails with someone this morning and he indicated a few things that could be wrong, one of which is this: After i saved the show to my SD card, i would place it in the director, turn the dial to show2 and press reset. Perhaps i should be turning the dial and hitting reset BEFORE i place the SD card in the director.

Hmmm, so there goes that. Do u leave the dial on 0? That's where mine was before i attempted to change shows. I will take your advice, delete everything from the card and build a new show. It only took me 2 minutes to create a new show and set the current time as well as scheduled time. I thought writing over the first show would basically do that, leaving me only 1 show (the one i want) but that didn't work.

You can have multiple shows on the card at the same time. I have two shows tied to my triggers (on motion sensors) which force them them to be "Show01" and "Show02". My main show is "Show03" with specific times to run in the evening and "Show04" is a blank show (nothing on) I run during the day to not trip the motion sensors. I've never adjusted the dial and all shows run as appropriate.

You will need some sort of audio converter. There are plenty of them out there. Just search the web by typing in "audio coverter" or "mp3 file converter" and then just choose one. I use ACE-HIGH MP3 WAV WMA OGG Converter, full version. Don't remember what I paid for it, not much, but it works great. Not sure if it would do anything with an MPEG file though. You can also use Audacity, which is free, to import your file into it, then export as WAV or MP3.