problems with transferred sequences?

My cousin and I both sequenced songs this year from 2 different computers. We then transferred our sequences to a 3rd computer for actually runnning the show; however, I can't get it to control lights once its on the third computer. The show plays; the music plays, however, no blinkning lights. Any ideas? the lights ran fine off of my computer yesterday... Each individual sequence worked but when i set them up in a show only the ones i sequenced on my computer controlled lights. Now that we have transferred sequences to the thrid computer we have no light control. Confused yet? I know I am.

I can run the individual sequences fine...I transferred brian setzer jingle bells and elvis here comes santa claus to my computer and i can both of them individually from sequence editor. When I try to put them into show editor it says file not found. they are both saved to my computer as lms files

I have read about similar issues in other threads on in the LOR forums. What version of the LOR Software are you running. There seems to be a file support (encryption) issues between the different levels of the software, IE: basic, basic plus, standard, and professional.

Just a thought

John

I have a professional liscense, however, the other computer was not registered. Somehow though I got one of the sequences converted but apparently did it by accident and couldnt get the other one to transfer. I tried running the show with my usb jump drive in and all is well so I haven't tried anything else.

I have a professional liscense, however, the other computer was not registered. Somehow though I got one of the sequences converted but apparently did it by accident and couldnt get the other one to transfer. I tried running the show with my usb jump drive in and all is well so I haven't tried anything else.

I think what I read was that shows built on a unregistered or basic level version of the software are encrypted and can only be read on the original pc. I would contact LOR support to verify but I think that you need to either license the unregistered pc then save it again or maybe send the show file to their support desk so that they can unencrypt it based on their records of your licensing info.

I can run the individual sequences fine...I transferred brian setzer jingle bells and elvis here comes santa claus to my computer and i can both of them individually from sequence editor. When I try to put them into show editor it says file not found. they are both saved to my computer as lms files

Make sure your file associations are correct. I recently transferred last years show to a new computer, XP to Windows 7,. The file system was a little different for some reason, so I had to re-associate, (if thats a word), the sequences with the songs. The folders they were in had changed during the transfer process so the show could'nt find the music and just skipped past it.

Hope you figure it out.