Christmas decoration advice

dealrocker

A couple of months back I painted two of my bedroom walls orange (It's a light pumpkin orange). When I planned to paint the walls, I didn't think about the fact that only Halloween and possibly Thanksgiving goes well with this color. Now I am planning to decorate my room for Christmas, but orange is not traditionally a Christmas color and I don't have money to paint the walls again. Can anyone suggest me some good tips to make my room more Christmassy?

Thanks..

To make it look more like Christmas You should paint the walls bright red , bright green, and white. You could do a cool plaid pattern! You could do simple stripes as well. I've seen paint thrown on walls before but it doesn't look very neat, so I wouldn't suggest that. There is always polka dots! You could even paint the whole inside of the room to look like Santa's workshop how much more Christmassy can you get!!

This message is not to my liking...

You know.... If the mods here need to protect the users from the word HORRIBLE (which I previously used to describe some of the functionality here and subsequently changed by one of them to 'not to my liking'), you would think they would be ALL over this obvious signature spam, deleting it and the user.

• 2 years later...

You had already painted bedroom walls with orange color. Actually red  &  green colors are associated with Christmas events. The color green is a natural depiction of eternal life, specifically the evergreen tree. If you painted with another color (red or green) then its ok otherwise tries to use red or green light in rooms. It’s feel/looks very nice.

You had already painted bedroom walls with orange color. Actually red  &  green colors are associated with Christmas events. The color green is a natural depiction of eternal life, specifically the evergreen tree. If you painted with another color (red or green) then its ok otherwise tries to use red or green light in rooms. It’s feel/looks very nice.

this thread is 3 year old I think he probably has figured it out by now ha ha

but i suspect that your real purpose is just link spam thank to your link to the christmas tree farm that is sad and should be deleted by the mods

Edited by Bobby Menard

• 3 weeks later...

this thread is 3 year old I think he probably has figured it out by now ha ha

but i suspect that your real purpose is just link spam thank to your link to the christmas tree farm that is sad and should be deleted by the mods

Hi  Bobby.

My purpose is not linked spam as you said. Peoples are interested are buying a tree. This Farm in Western side & I had take a tree every Christmas.

interesed are buy tree.

Merry Chistmas

Edited by JosepTaylor

There is nothing wrong with your ORANGE color scheme for Christmas. There are so so many variations of intergrating that color into the holiday you just have to think outside the Christmas red and green.  An example is the western theme...it can use reds, blues ,browns,etc  and even burlap (the "in" this year) which could very well compliment your orange walls. You could even go the other way and use greens and pinks purples that are in the color shade of that orange and make it bright and festive.  You have so many possibilities that wont make you paint the wall if you only look past the traditional.  GO BIG ORANGE.....yeah, I'm from Tennessee.