Background Sequence not working

I'm not new to LOR, but Im having the darndest time creating a background sequence that keeps my chimney wreath, welcome sign, and blow up on during the entire show.

The wreath is on ch 1-16, the blow-up is on 2-16, and the sign is on 6-16. There is nothing else on those channels.

I created a small sequence with those 3 channels and put it in the background section of the show. I'm under the impression that it will continue to loop until the end of the show, (according to the help section in LOR 2.8.10). It's not working.

Am I doing it correectly?

HELP PLEASE

Those channels cannot be in any other sequence in the startup, musical or animation section. Don't fret. I have issues with it every year.

The other thing to do is run the LOR "Verify" utility and weed through the messages as it will catch this error.

How long is your background sequence? Does it have just a single "on" event for those 3 channels? I have mine as a 1 minute long sequence, with the channel on for the entire length.

As Jeff said above, the Verifier will also help sniff out the problem.

The sequence is about a minute long, and yes those 3 channels are on the entire length. I tried the verifier and it shows those channel conflicts with the songs in the show. However I double checked each song and confirmed that the coresponding channels in the songs were off. the verifier still shows a conflict. Do I need to remake the show or will the show realize the changes in the individual songs when they are saved.

Thanks

PS I didnt have this problem last year I merely upgraded the LOR software. LOL

Are the 3 background channels listed in the configuration of your animation sequences? Even if there are no events for them, this could be causing the issue. Try deleting the background channels from your seqeunces and run the verifier again. You shouldn't have to rebuild a show to run it again.

I tried the verifier and it shows those channel conflicts with the songs in the show. However I double checked each song and confirmed that the coresponding channels in the songs were off.

This is the problem. To use the background feature they cannot be in regular sequences as they will make your background objects go "off", because they are set to "off" as it is an event, then your background will turn them "on" and the vicious circle continues.

I create two Channel configuration exports when I do this similar to below..

1). AllChannelsNoSign.lcc (Used for musical and animated sequences only)

2). BackgroundOnly.lcc (Used for background sequence only)

It's really too bad LOR can't come up with a better way to do this as it's way to easy to misunderstand how it works.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same type of issues with blow ups, radio, etc having a loud crackling noise in between songs. I solved it by getting a digital timer from WalMart for about $20 and I start it when my show starts and it turns off when the show is over. Problem Solved...and it gave me additional channels for lights!!!!

I have a similar issue with my background sequence, one I didn't realize until I video'd my display. I have some songs that do conflict with my background sequence, and knew it when I did the show. My "Tune To" sign has a single "ON" even, that gets overridden occasionally by a song. The sign would go out for up to a minute if there was a conflict. I realized what the issue is, and I'll make sure I compensate for it for my next show.

It's that single "ON" causing my issue. When a song overrides it, the sign (and the other effects on the background sequence) stay the way the song leaves it until the next change in the background sequence, or until the sequence restarts. That's because LOR only sends out changes, not "refreshes" My new background sequence will probably just vary the intensity slightly during the whole time it's running, to cause a constant stream of changes to keep it updated. That will let it recover from any song-overrides much more quickly.