Miniture Blow molds at a house in the TC's

In 2004, I came home for a visit and to see the lights. We drove around and a house in North St Paul/Maplewood area had miniture blow molds in their yard. They called it "Tiny Town". Do you know or have you seen anything like these? The were just like the bigger ones only 4 inches tall. Some were a reindeer, penguin, etc. I am wanting to get some and have NEVER seen them before or since.

Also, I grew up in West St Paul and they had a light contest every year and later kept it going to honor Mr Blenk after he passed since his house was the best one for several years. Do they even still have that contest? Someday I will get back home to MN since that is where my heart is pulling me. Kentucky is just NOT my cup of tea... No snow...I wish I was there now with the blizzard that just hit...

Cheers, Mary

Yes, I know the house you are asking about. It was on Gall St In Maplewood just off McKnight Rd. He had it located on the east side of the driveway with a town sign. I'm not sure if they are still decorating or not.

As for the West St Paul contest, I'm not sure if they are still doing that or not. Many municpalities have curtailed the contests because of the budget shortfalls, but there are some well deocrated homes in the West St Paul, South St Paul vicinity. It is one of my favorite places to dead head and find new

displays.

Yes, I know the house you are asking about. It was on Gall St In Maplewood just off McKnight Rd. He had it located on the east side of the driveway with a town sign. I'm not sure if they are still decorating or not.

As for the West St Paul contest, I'm not sure if they are still doing that or not. Many municpalities have curtailed the contests because of the budget shortfalls, but there are some well deocrated homes in the West St Paul, South St Paul vicinity. It is one of my favorite places to dead head and find new

displays.

Yeah...one cool thing about this area: you don't really need a map. Just load up and drive around. You'll see some good displays.

In 2004, I came home for a visit and to see the lights. We drove around and a house in North St Paul/Maplewood area had miniture blow molds in their yard. They called it "Tiny Town". Do you know or have you seen anything like these? The were just like the bigger ones only 4 inches tall. Some were a reindeer, penguin, etc. I am wanting to get some and have NEVER seen them before or since.

Also, I grew up in West St Paul and they had a light contest every year and later kept it going to honor Mr Blenk after he passed since his house was the best one for several years. Do they even still have that contest? Someday I will get back home to MN since that is where my heart is pulling me. Kentucky is just NOT my cup of tea... No snow...I wish I was there now with the blizzard that just hit...

Cheers, Mary

Hi Mary, Welcome to PlanetChristmas! This would not be a very good year for miniature blowmolds! :D In fact the only problem I have with blowmolds, besides storage, is that they are so short. We don't always have this much snow before Christmas; but, we do have snow that has to be factored in. Good luck in your hunt.

Cheers, Mary

Hi Mary,

I believe the blow molds you are asking about were the pathway light toppers made by Empire. Most of them were copied from Empires large blow molds.