How did fellow STL-ers hold up with the wind and snow?

Scott Reinhold

I was thinking about all of the displays this weekend and hoping they held up to the weather. I made it out to the Ladue display for his Friday event and had a blast in the short time I was able to spend there. Also enjoyed talking with Jason about his display. I will definitely be out your way in the next week to see it.

Got down to Fenton to see my old friend Joe's display as well. We actually have a fairly open weekend coming up so I hope to get out to many displays this weekend.

Hi Scott and the gang.

Well I was lucky. Nothing has fallen over. Then too the two wire frame dear have some hefty lawn stapes that I built. Not my first choice of material, but I have some #8 copper ground wire that I cut about 1' long and then folded over and driven into the ground. I am going to need some prayers in the spring to pull them boogers up. Have a 6' spiral tree that I did not pound in the bottom tube into the ground to straight. Well I think it has leaned a few more degrees over. So, while it blew outside, I was taking bet that it would fall over before the day was over. Well looks like I am lucking out so far.

Hope everyone else is having the same amount of luck as I am.

I did not

Per say have any problems only all my snowflakes on the roof are still covered in snow due to being led they do not generate heat to melt them down other than that the 30 ft mega stood strong and Rudolph is still flying high with no problems hope to see you out here Scott so you can give me some pointers for next year... Hope everyone else is ok... Anyone know if stlmyke got his display up and running in the Florissant area???