First time for blow molds

This is the first time ever for me to display blow molds. I have loved the life size nativity figures for years but did not know where to purchase them. After research on the web and on Craigs list and a visit to a rural antigue store this is the result of this years purchase. I built the 7' stable out of 2x3's and used used fresh straw and cut pine for interest. I know that the chickens are not blow molds but could not resist adding just a little something more. The stable top and back is hinged for easy storage and covered with bamboo intended for use with chain fences. I hope to buy the wise men and camels next year and add several more sheep. Hope you enjoy looking and Merry Christmas.

Andy from Tn[ATTACH=CONFIG]40691[/ATTACH]

Guest A.F.NUT

Thanks for the compliment. I hope others will give me constructive information for the future. I really am stumbling around in the dark not knowing the correct way to display blow molds or how to set up the nativity.

That's one of the nice things about this hobby, there really is no right or wrong way, just whatever you like! I am using that set this year too, it sure is bigger than what I am used to. You did an outstanding job with your stable, it really looks wonderful. Smart to hinge it, that's how mine are. The hay and straw add so much. If you plan on adding more sheep try mixing in some of the smaller ones from the midsize set. I did that with mine and like the variety, they go well together. I can't wait to see it next year when you get the rest of the set.

I didn"t think of a tiki hut when I bulit it, but with 20 and 40 mph winds these last two weeks I am glad I made it out of something that the wind could blow through. even with the bamboo back and top it still turned over the first night before I added the molds. I am glad I waited on the molds and did additonal anchoring. So far, now even with the terrible winds yesterday, stable and molds stayed in place.

Thanks to everyone for the postivite comments. Can someone suggest the best place for me to purchase the lifesize wise men and camels. I want to add them to my display for next year. It seems that on e bay everything must be picked up locally because of freight cost. Where i live in tn. Not to many people have blow molds and so i guess i will have to purchase them new. Any information will be appeciated.

Andy in tn