A little Christmas cheer for my Daddy

peppers-palace

As some of you may know my nephew took his life last month.My daddy was the 1 to find him.We buried him the day before thanksgiving & the whole family is without much christmas cheer this year.

Its been a hard year for my dad & even harder about my nephew.At the beginning of the year my stepmom spent 3 months in the hospital.There were days we didn't think she would pull through.She is a dialysis patient & has trouble with her heart.On saturday she was admitted to ICU with fluid on her heart.As of now she is doing ok but still not out the woods.

Now onto his christmas cheer-

As he was leaving the hospital today from visiting her he could hear some singing.He looked over the balcony & saw some children singing around a big christmas tree.As he listened & watched from above he realized that the school that was singing was from the town he was born & raised.The singing lifted his spirits more than they imagined.He always has a few mints in his pocket so when they stopped he decided to rain mints down to the kids.They were very excited to say the least.He went a little further & went get his big jar of mints out the van.Imagine an 81 year old man running out the hospital to get mints for kids LOL.He went meet them at the bus & handed out the rest of the mints he had.They were all talking to him & asked him all kinds of questions.They were all surprised to know he was from where they live & excited to get a treat.

He called me later & when I asked how he was doing he said he felt 50 years younger.Well knowing my daddy I thought he was being sarcastic with all he is going through right now.Imagine my surprise when he told me this story.I was so happy that he felt some christmas joy it made me cry.

So in closing, I'm so thankful that children from the town he was born & raised in were there on a day that he needed lifting!

And that is what the season is all about! Not the lights, the animation, the figures in the yards. It is about the songs and using them to spark a memory that brings a smile and makes people of all ages feel young again. At least that is why we do it.

Thanks for sharing!

Dennis

that is a great story Peppers, thanks for sharing it.

Joe

Thanks Joe!

I was very happy that he got to enjoy the season if just for a few minutes.

And that is what the season is all about! Not the lights, the animation, the figures in the yards. It is about the songs and using them to spark a memory that brings a smile and makes people of all ages feel young again. At least that is why we do it.

Thanks for sharing!

Dennis

Thanks Dennis!

I think the songs spark memories too.

This is my 1st year doing LOR & still don't have it running yet but he is wanting to see it when its ready.I really wanted to do a french christmas song for him but didn't get a chance to do 1.I hope that next year I can have 1 for him & he is still with us to see it.

Guest A.F.NUT

You brought a tear to my eye. Such a simple action can make such a huge impact in ones life. That is what Christmas is all about and I know your Dad and your entire family needed that this season. I hope this is a start of things getting better for you all, it's such a long process. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

You brought a tear to my eye. Such a simple action can make such a huge impact in ones life. That is what Christmas is all about and I know your Dad and your entire family needed that this season. I hope this is a start of things getting better for you all, it's such a long process. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thanks Tom & Sorry I made you tear up.

Well christmas was as best as could be expected.My dad was pretty emotional but was able to get some enjoyment.My sister didn't come to the gathering because she didn't want to bring anyone down.Me,my other sister & stepsister brought her some food late afternoon & visited with her awhile.She held up pretty good & had a few tough moments.I feel so bad for her.It will take a long time but her faith will pull her through.

Merry Christmas to you too my FRIEND.