The Offical MITS LED 2011 SALE!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows Internet Explorer is "very" relaxed on websites HTML protocols, as FireFox, Chrome are "very" stricked about HTML protocols... Dot all your I's, and cross all your T's, type of deal, or it see it as a corrupted website and will only show what it recognizes...

We are waiting on new samples of Icicles from China. The first one we got tested ok, but were not sealed and after much thought we are not going to sell nonsealed lights. So I doubt we can get them in the presale in a timely manner.

Yes the website is a bit UGH.. Hahaha. THe actual buy pages are 100% hosted by google check out. I know IE is second rate, but I am not web wiz and the only person who I could get to launch a site is an old friend who is a bit old school. He is doing it for free so I cant complain.

In the future I hope so. We have samples on the way of those as well. As of right now however I only think the products we will offer are the M5, C6, and 5mm light strings. We had hoped to get C7 and C9s but the quality on the test batches just weren't there. Further, I expect to get many samples soon, but feel that by the time I do it will be to late to test and rush to add to the sale.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan

Sent you a private message about shipping to Canada can you tell me what it would cost gave all the information in the pm also would you have a phone number that we can call i don't like giving my credit card out over the net thank you Blair

Has anybody purchased and received lights from this gentleman? It appears to be his first year, correct? I spent far too much time with my hands wrapped around my ankles severla years ago with "you know who" to drop too much money unless I knows it's somebody trustworthy.

No we haven't, just like many other vendors here, they all have to start out sometimes and get the approval rating of their first time customers.

If you check his ite you will also see he has another business that is very successful. I to have been burnt by other vendors, I have also been burnt by big name stores that would not stand behind their product. I am going to put my trust & order with Ryan this year, and hopefully for maybe more years to come.

Has anybody purchased and received lights from this gentleman? It appears to be his first year, correct? I spent far too much time with my hands wrapped around my ankles severla years ago with "you know who" to drop too much money unless I knows it's somebody trustworthy.

No we haven't, just like many other vendors here, they all have to start out sometimes and get the approval rating of their first time customers.

If you check his ite you will also see he has another business that is very successful. I to have been burnt by other vendors, I have also been burnt by big name stores that would not stand behind their product. I am going to put my trust & order with Ryan this year, and hopefully for maybe more years to come.

I don't disagree at all. Even Sears had to meet Roebuck at one time as did Monkey and Wards. I am planing a pretty significant LED upgrade for 2011 ($1,000 +/-) and would hate to lose the credit card protection.

I have purchased from CDI 3 times now, and although his prices are on the high side compared to some newbies, I just don't know what to do.

As you recall, Travis had another thriving business before the LED stuff. In fact, unless I am mistaken thats the side of his business he claims got him in so much trouble. Not to be too pessimistic, but I see some red flags here; unanswered e-mails, web site issues, etc.

I know what many people will say, "Well Jim, if you dont feel comfortable, don't order."

I don't disagree at all. Even Sears had to meet Roebuck at one time as did Monkey and Wards. I am planing a pretty significant LED upgrade for 2011 ($1,000 +/-) and would hate to lose the credit card protection.

I have purchased from CDI 3 times now, and although his prices are on the high side compared to some newbies, I just don't know what to do.

As you recall, Travis had another thriving business before the LED stuff. In fact, unless I am mistaken thats the side of his business he claims got him in so much trouble. Not to be too pessimistic, but I see some red flags here; unanswered e-mails, web site issues, etc.

I know what many people will say, "Well Jim, if you don't feel comfortable, don't order."

What I have heard many times is Travis's other job was Photography. I don't know how that could screw up selling lights. What happened last year was a person not paying him for close to $50,000.00 worth of lights, and a court case to boot about it.

I have nothing against Paul, I am sure he sells a good product when it is delivered to him. Some cases the product did not come "as described", but I am not about to buy a case of one type of lights, when I might only need 6 or 12 strings.

I am not going to tell you don't order, in fact I am going to tell you to feel comfortable and order.

What I have heard many times is Travis's other job was Photography. I don't know how that could screw up selling lights. What happened last year was a person not paying him for close to $50,000.00 worth of lights, and a court case to boot about it.

That was his excuse in 2009. The 2010 season was supposed to make up for it by giving us all free shipping and excellent service. Let's just say he dropped the ball.

Just because one vendor screwed up should not taint ALL new vendors.

That was his excuse in 2009. The 2010 season was supposed to make up for it by giving us all free shipping and excellent service. Let's just say he dropped the ball.

Just because one vendor screwed up should not taint ALL new vendors.

Oh I agree Tim, this year was not dropping the ball, it was dropping the bomb that destroyed him completely. And then to have the majority of the light strings fail as well.

And then to have the majority of the light strings fail as well.

I don't necessarily blame him for that - he supposedly is selling the same lights as the other main vendors here. But when you don't have a reputable vendor to fall back on for warranty issues, that makes it that much worse...

I have nothing against Paul, I am sure he sells a good product when it is delivered to him. Some cases the product did not come "as described", but I am not about to buy a case of one type of lights, when I might only need 6 or 12 strings.

I am not going to tell you don't order, in fact I am going to tell you to feel comfortable and order.

I could be wrong about this but I think Travis' main business was called seasonalimpressions.com a commercial consulting and lighting company. Again I could be wrong, but I think his legal issues were as a result of a contractural dispute he had with a big cumstomer of that business. I you go to seasonalimpressions.com there is a link to LED Holiday Lighting. I should be whipped for beating this dead horse. LOL

Alright guys. We are all watching this thread for MITS LED info. The thread you want is here.

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/42372-LED-Holiday-Lighting-order?highlight=led+holiday+lighting

Thanks for keeping this thread on track. The only reason I jumped in is that I feel it's very unfair to Ryan to assume that just because Travis let people down, that we can't trust him either.

So far I'm impressed with what I see with the way he's handling things.

I have had samples in hand for three weeks now. I've put them through the wringer in all weather conditions and done side by sides with 2007 CDI and Holiday Creations strings. I'm impressed. I can not tell them apart. So, I guess the only worry would be whether the vendor is up to the challenge... I believe he is.

I have had samples in hand for three weeks now. I've put them through the wringer in all weather conditions and done side by sides with 2007 CDI and Holiday Creations strings. I'm impressed. I can not tell them apart. So, I guess the only worry would be whether the vendor is up to the challenge... I believe he is.

Bill,

I visited your display several weeks ago for the first time. Great work of course. Can you tell me if there were any particular sections of your display that were using these lights? I can go back and look at the video I took to see how they look.

Thanks,

Dave