The Offical MITS LED 2011 SALE!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All!!

Couple of quick questions...I am wanting to add 4 Arches for my display in 2011. I want to do White, Red, Green, Blue, and Purple...all seperate colors meaning 5 colors per section...8 sections...4 arches. That means I need to order 160 strings which will also need 10 16-Channel LOR controllers!! My question is...Has anyone tried to do that many channels on an arch? What size light would be the best "color" and "efficiency"? Since I was thinking of LEDs it will quite expensive but in reading so many posts there seem to be some issues with "burnout". Any suggestions would be helpful!!!

Thanks,

Hey y'all I will be out of pocket most of tomorrow. My father will be having open heart surgery. If you have a question it is best to email it to me vs post here or pm... You can email me at [email protected] I may not answer for a day or two depending how all goes. To pre flight some question I just got the prices for icicle lights from the factory. We will be adding them to the presale, just not sure when they will be on the site. They are from the same factory as the rest of the lights and will be also called "curtian lights" as that is what the factory calls them.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan - I don't remember if you answered this question or not.... I know the C9 retro's are not dimmable, but for those that don't care about that can we still order them? I have a static display and want to change out some of the ugly/not-so-great colors I got from "that other vendor" for other colors.

Also, will the 100ct M5 multi-color strings be on only green wire or also on white wire? I'd like to get them on white, if you can get them.

So far I'm thinking about 18 stings of M5 - 100ct Multi on white wire (green wire will be OK, if white is not available or if it costs more).

Also, 9 strings of 70ct warm-white on green, and 8 strings of 100ct, warm-white on green wire. And of available an undetermined amount of C9 retros (possible 40 or 50 bulbs).

Thanks.

P.s. - I hope your father's surgery goes well, and he makes a speedy recovery. My father-in-law had quadruple by-pass almost 2 years ago, and spent 3 months in ICU after due to complications. He's great now, but it was a very tense and emotional 3 months.

Edited by rgroves

Jacob just posted this over on the Beware !!! MITS Light Buyers Thread

so I moved it over here.

icon3.png Re: Beware !!! Mits light buyers

As way of introduction, I am Ryan’s sidekick in the lighting business. MITS have been in the display fireworks business since 1999 and as you can imagine the business comes with its share of dealing with government agencies… We have got a final fix on the sales tax issue as outlined below:

1)
Only folks ordering from a Texas address will be charged sales tax by Google Checkout (we found the super secret setting to make this possible)

2)
Anyone who has already placed an order will receive an email from me stating the amount they were over charged and receive the option to get a refund check in the mail or have the amount applied to the 40% balance or shipping. Checks will be mailed as soon as a response is received from each individual.

3)
We are sorry the online system has been buggy. Even though this is our first rodeo in an online ordering environment; rest assured you will receive full and complete value for your payment and we look forward to supplying you these excellent lights!

4)
If you are in a state that charges use tax, you must pinky promise to submit full use tax on your order (least a state misses out on their fair bite of your hard earned dollar;)

5)
If you have any questions about this sales tax issue please contact me directly at 210-267-5371 or
As always Ryan is the best contact for anything lighting or product related

Earle

I have also placed my order thru the MITS web site and everything worked without any problems. I think MITS did a great job in resolving the problem and I give them a WELL DONE !!!

Earle

And "As way of introduction, I am Ryan’s sidekick in the lighting business. MITS have been in the display fireworks business since 1999 and as you can imagine the business comes with its share of dealing with government agencies… We have got a final fix on the sales tax issue as outlined below:..."

Boy did your post set off a bunch of alarm bells (for me) .

You are Ryan's sidekick in the business, yet you placed an order and talk about your company in the third person? Did you make a mistake and "think" you were logged in as someone else?

Could be just me but...

PaulXmas,

If you read the intro to that post, Jacob posted it in another thread and I moved it to this one so it would not get missed, sorry if you misunderstood this, but sometimes one needs to read a little closer. I am in no way part of MITS I am just a member of Planet Christmas trying to Look out for others as well as myself.

Earle

Edited by Earle W Talley
add info

PaulXmas,

If you read the intro to that post, Jacob posted it in another thread and I moved it to this one so it would not get missed, sorry if you misunderstood this, but sometimes one needs to read a little closer. I am in no way part of MITS I am just a member of Planet Christmas trying to Look out for others as well as myself.

Earle

Colour me stupid!

Dough!