This is not an official Christmas dish, but it works great for a large gathering of friends and family. We have the family over for a Christmas Eve party every year ( 15-20 people ) and this would be a good dish for such a group when you consider desserts are usually consumed as well.

1 small pack. elbow macaroni

6-8 potatoes ( cubed for boiling )

1 8 oz. can tomato sauce

2 cans corned beef ( crumbled )

1 reg. can stewed tomatoes ( chopped )

1 med. onion ( chopped )

celery salt

1. Boil potatoes and onion with HEAVY celery salt ( if you think you have too much celery salt - ADD more )

2. While potatoes are boiling, cook macaroni as directed. Drain only half of the water when done.

3. Add macaroni to potatoes when they are through boiling.

4. Add corned beef, sauce, stewed tomatos to potatoe/macaroni mix.

5. Stir until blended well.

6. Let simmer for 30 min.

Caution : I usually use an entire 5lb bag of potatoes when I fix this at the fire station. Use the biggest stock pot you have for it will make a gracious plenty.

Serve with crackers of cornbread.

• 5 weeks later...

Just found this thread. I like and make a lot of stews and yours looks good. I printed it out to give it a try. Maybe there should be a Firefighter Cooking sub forum - I guessing that the receipes that you guys make are a great balance of great tasting and easy preparation. And, I think there are a lot of firefighters here. BTW I looked at your pics -- you look like a bank robber, but the Mrs. and kid are cute.