Cdi official pre order for 2011

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we get ready to kick off the sale tomorrow, I thought I would explain how we do it for all newbies to our sale.

• You must call in your order. That way we can get all pertinent information to set up your account.
  • Once we get your order, we will E-mail you a Sales Order Conformation for you to approve (look it over real good, make sure address information is correct as well as the item and quantity information) These Sales Order Conformations may not go out the day you order, sometimes it takes a week for them to go out.
  • You will need to sign off on the order as correct (or make any changes) and than fax/E-mail it back before it is an actual order.
  • At that time, we will charge your credit card for a 50% deposit and your order is now complete.
  • When we get the inventory in (around June), we will than ship it to you and charge your card for the balance of the order plus shipping.

That's all she wrote!

Just to clarify for myself, the minimum quantity is a case?

yes, cdi only sells in case quantities, helps to keep the costs down for us!!

also, if anyone is interested in some case splits, i live in NE Ohio, plan to buy led icicles in blue, cool white, red and green. I only need 15 strands of each, but will be buying 24 of each. if anyone is interested in some, please let me know.

-troy

Great prices I am so jealous of the many of you who are getting ready to get your pre-order in for next year. lol I will just have to wait till after the sale as there is a HUGE thing that may be changing with that being a possible new home being built. Everything is still up in the air but even at regular prices paul and his wonderful customer service are well worth it. I have asked around about vendors to deal with when it came to led's and Paul as he himself has said he is not the cheapest but from many I have heard he is the best.

I must have the best wife in the world. I just told her I was going to buy 9 cases of LED lights and 2 cases of strobes for next year (and I told her the price) and all she said was "okay." --I hope she knows I'm serious.

I think you should write down the date and time of that question. . . could be you can even go bigger next year!

If this has already been answered then I'm sorry, I missed it...

But are the "RETRO FIT LED BULBS C-9 Faceted E17 base", a true dimmable bulb..

I'm looking for a dimmable C9 that will fade from 100% to 0% and back to 100% "SMOOTHLY" over a 10 sec time frame... Not one when you fade it down from 100%, then when it gets to 35% the voltage drops to 0%, or you do a slow fade up and the bulb kicks in at 35%...

Do you have any videos of the "retro" bulbs in action?

Thanks,

There are no 'first come first serve' situations on any products, right? If I were to order my lights on Feb 1st... Would I be able to order all the same items as if I were to place my order today?

I'm unsure about where I want my lights shipped right now (I have an address on the US border, and one here in Canada)... also, it would be nice to pay off some of that credit card debt before racking it up and paying the interest for an extra month, haha.

Will extra rope light power adapters be available during the pre-order phase? I will need more than 4 per role?

Finally got pricing - sorry for the delay!

POWER CORDS+6FT WIRE+RECTIFIED PLUG 4PCS

SPLICE KITS 4PCS

END CAP 4PCS

TIE STRAPS 5PCS

MOUTING CLIPS 5PCS

SCREWS 10PCS

PRESALE - $11.75 REGULAR - $16.50

If this has already been answered then I'm sorry, I missed it...

But are the "RETRO FIT LED BULBS C-9 Faceted E17 base", a true dimmable bulb..

I'm looking for a dimmable C9 that will fade from 100% to 0% and back to 100% "SMOOTHLY" over a 10 sec time frame... Not one when you fade it down from 100%, then when it gets to 35% the voltage drops to 0%, or you do a slow fade up and the bulb kicks in at 35%...

Do you have any videos of the "retro" bulbs in action?

Thanks,

Yes - they are dimable

There are no 'first come first serve' situations on any products, right? If I were to order my lights on Feb 1st... Would I be able to order all the same items as if I were to place my order today?

I'm unsure about where I want my lights shipped right now (I have an address on the US border, and one here in Canada)... also, it would be nice to pay off some of that credit card debt before racking it up and paying the interest for an extra month, haha.

All orders will be tacked on with our regular order, so we will not be running out of inventory on this sale.

Are the c9 retro fit better than the c9 strings of LED we can get through other vendors? Just priced out what it would take to do the entire roof line and HOLY COW! And that doesn't include the strings and sockets that I don't already have. I'm ordering c6's to outline the windows, doors and yard but really want the larger bulb for the roof. Will need about 450 bulbs each of red, green and warm white. I don't see any other c9's on Paul's site.

Just priced out what it would take to do the entire roof line and HOLY COW!

CDI is the way to go for LED lighting, but it is a whole different level of cost compared to incandescent lights. Your quantities are about the same as mine for a house c7 roof line and when I did the math and found out how much it was going to cost I just decided the $50 added to my power bill for the lighting season was not such a big deal. Using mini lights is just fine for me, someday I will switch to LED, but right now I am having too much fun adding new ideas to the show to get into the LED game. Maybe in a year or two.

Hello fellow PCers, I don't normally make commercial plugs, but Paul at CDI is the best! Yes, you do pay a little extra, but what you get is absolutely the best product on the market and he stands by everything he sells. My display this year was named Best Christmas Lights Display in America (http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/46349-Best-Christmas-Lights-Display-in-America-2010-by-The-Early-Show-on-CBS) and more than 75% of our display uses LED Christmas Lights from Creative Displays. We got rain for 3 days straight, the yard was flooded and our lights were drowned in the rain for all of this time, but when it went to turn on the lights for The Early Show, the lights worked great. A LOR controller and lots of GFI outlets didn't! :)

In all, you really do get what you pay for.... nowadays you don't want to be replacing your lights strands during your show's peak times... been there, done that with other vendors! OH yeah and by the way, if you want your house to glow like mine, it's all because of CDI's superbright M6 mini's!